ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thighs look uneven and odd...help!!!

Ok, since starting my exercise routine in January, I have noticed considerable improvement to the
    glutes and back of thighs. I have since added body weight squats to my routine and am seeing
    increased definition from the hip downward along the sides of the thighs. However, the front
    of the thighs....Nada! What am I doing wrong and/or what exercise (bodyweight only please) can I add
    to make sure the entire thigh is being worked? As it is now, the definition in the back is greater
    and it looks...well....odd!

Thanks!

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ElsaParis View Post
    Ok, since starting my exercise routine in January, I have noticed considerable improvement to the
    glutes and back of thighs. I have since added body weight squats to my routine and am seeing
    increased definition from the hip downward along the sides of the thighs. However, the front
    of the thighs....Nada! What am I doing wrong and/or what exercise (bodyweight only please) can I add
    to make sure the entire thigh is being worked? As it is now, the definition in the back is greater
    and it looks...well....odd!

Thanks!
    What are your goals? Is there a reason for only wanting to do body weight squats?

If you're dieting and losing fat, you can't control where it comes off. Squats do work your whole leg, but if your body decides to lose the fat off your hamstrings first, there's nothing you can do but continue losing fat until the front eventually comes off as well.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It will come down to what you carry in terms of overall muscle, combined with lower bodyfat.

You've already been told in previous threads there's only so much you can do with bodyweight workouts.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That was my first thought too. Might be that you can't get more from bodyweight exercises.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElsaParis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by superja View Post
    What are your goals? Is there a reason for only wanting to do body weight squats?

If you're dieting and losing fat, you can't control where it comes off. Squats do work your whole leg, but if your body decides to lose the fat off your hamstrings first, there's nothing you can do but continue losing fat until the front eventually comes off as well.
    I only do bodyweight exercises because I don't belong to a gym or have access to weights. I will continue to work those squats! ;-)

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its because you are only doing bodyweight regular squats.

To correct this, we do certain things like front squat, zercher, etc.

Are you doing anything like high (40-50% height) step-ups?

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Its because you are only doing bodyweight regular squats.

To correct this, we do certain things like front squat, zercher, etc.

Are you doing anything like high (40-50% height) step-ups?
    Step-ups no...and anything that requires weights is an impossibility at this time other than improvised weights like
    loaded down backpacks.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElsaParis View Post
    Step-ups no...and anything that requires weights is an impossibility at this time other than improvised weights like
    loaded down backpacks.
    Step-ups are good too if you can find some steps, staircases, or high bench outside to do those.
    You could also add jumping squats and lunge variations to your workout. That would add more resistance.

I saw a while back that you ask for gym in Paris. Are you actually there? When I lived there, I would go running in the Jardin des Plantes. Very pretty
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get one of those big balls you fill with air don't know the technical term but at Walmart 7.00 . Put behind back and squat against the wall. Start to hold that squat for a count like start 5 seconds then stand and repeat buildup seconds squatting . Also do roll out bridges . Surely you can fill some gallons of water to use as weight . A gallon weights 8.34 pounds

AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnalisaLynn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mcbourque View Post
    Step-ups are good too if you can find some steps, staircases, or high bench outside to do those.
    You could also add jumping squats and lunge variations to your workout. That would add more resistance.
    This!^ Or you could wedge a chair against the wall and step up on that.

How about a couple 1 gallon bottles of water to weight the legs? Even if you hold one in front of you and do goblet squats. Check out www.bodyrock.tv. They have a bunch of home workouts and links to cheap gym equipment for your home including sandbags which they use to weight their exercises.

Originally Posted by AnnalisaLynn View Post
    This!^ Or you could wedge a chair against the wall and step up on that.

How about a couple 1 gallon bottles of water to weight the legs? Even if you hold one in front of you and do goblet squats. Check out bodyrock tv They have a bunch of home workouts and links to cheap gym equipment for your home including sandbags which they use to weight their exercises.
    Excellent!! Thank you! I will be sure to look into this!
    "“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”