Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    18JMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 18JMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 18JMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its ok lol its water proof

Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think what one guy curls has any significance to your own goals. You might see a guy with 14" arms out curl a guy with 17" arms, there are a lot of factors involved, such as tricep size, how low the tendons connect into the forearm gives one guy a greater leverage advantage than the next, how long your arms are, etc. Just increase overall body weight and mass and your arms will follow. Consistent calorie overload is the true key to any and all growth, not one guys training program or the next. As long as your stimulating all your muscles and overloading calories at around 500 over maintenance, and eating a high protein diet you should grow.

Colssteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Colssteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Colssteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Just measured two days ago

Originally posted by amusclehead
    calipers can be horribly inaccurate. not trying to be offensive, but you arn't 7%, i'd say 9-10.

but other than that you look good!

Thanks! For the compliment.

I agree about the calipers thing...that's why I pointed it out. I also agree I'm not 7%, I was just excited about the measurement and should not have posted that. As I stated later...I am pretty confident I'm between 8.5% to 9%.

The following is not directed towards you amucsclehead, but all the rest of the cats who posted regarding my bf%.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about my bf% with anyone...but I will point out a few things:

Different people carry their bodyfat in different ways and in different places. For someone to judge my bodyfat by a couple pictures is completely ludicrous.

I agree I'm not 7%, I was just excited about the measurement that day and should not have posted that. But, the fact that I can see a complete set of abs, striations are coming out, and my vascularity has increased tells me I'm below ten %. As I stated before, I'm betting about 8.5% to 9%.

But, for Limeball and RyanR to post that "you are at least double digits" is bull****. Unless you are a certified trainer and want to come measure me leave it alone.
    Attached Images

RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: Just measured two days ago

Originally posted by Colssteel
    Thanks! For the compliment.

I agree about the calipers thing...that's why I pointed it out. I also agree I'm not 7%, I was just excited about the measurement and should not have posted that. As I stated later...I am pretty confident I'm between 8.5% to 9%.

The following is not directed towards you amucsclehead, but all the rest of the cats who posted regarding my bf%.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about my bf% with anyone...but I will point out a few things:

Different people carry their bodyfat in different ways and in different places. For someone to judge my bodyfat by a couple pictures is completely ludicrous.

I agree I'm not 7%, I was just excited about the measurement that day and should not have posted that. But, the fact that I can see a complete set of abs, striations are coming out, and my vascularity has increased tells me I'm below ten %. As I stated before, I'm betting about 8.5% to 9%.

But, for Limeball and RyanR to post that "you are at least double digits" is bull****. Unless you are a certified trainer and want to come measure me leave it alone.
    I have seen enough bodies that I can judge what is single and double digit bodyfat percentages. Your body fat % is higher than mine and I am 9-10%.

Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000) Alpha Q Up is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: Just measured two days ago

As I stated before, I'm betting about 8.5% to 9%.

id say more like 12%+
    send me to hell cause I ain't beggin' for my life
    ain't nothing worse than this cursed ass hopeless life
    - Pac

"Death gotta be easy, cause life is hard"
    - 50 cent

Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

NONE OF YOU.

Dudes, none of you have 17' biceps, You have 17' fatceps, I have 14' 1/2 in Biceps, and I bet if you all had my % and same muscle as you do now you'd have like 12 inch bi's I don't like this.
    And when the two hearts began to beat together, they filled the heavens with a terrible sound. For the first time, the gods knew fear. They tried to flee, but it was too late. The Klingon hearts destroyed the gods who created them and turned the heavens to ashes. To this very day, no one can oppose the beating of two Klingon hearts."

Thor_190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thor_190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mine are roughly 17". i weigh around 200 with a bodyfat around 10% according to a 3 spot caliper test
    Attached Images

Thor_190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thor_190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heres another (they were both already posted in a earlier thread with a few more pics)
    Attached Images

Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mestizo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Joel H
    I don't think what one guy curls has any significance to your own goals. You might see a guy with 14" arms out curl a guy with 17" arms, there are a lot of factors involved
    Very true. My arms are now 17" pumped and I'm only 5'4" and 170. I don't use very heavy weights and many people at my gym with smaller arms out curl me. Genetics has a lot to do with it too.

ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ACHIEVE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Colssteel: ALthough I am 6'1" and weigh 225 my build is very similar. Our arms and shoulders almost identical(proportionally). I just got my bf tested 3 or 4 days ago and I was 20%. Your legs have almost no definition. I would have to believe your at least 14% probably more. Your a big guy and you look great but lets be real.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

brc3162001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From my experience, the way to get bigger arms is to beef up your triceps. I have really small biceps but my triceps are decently big so my arms 16".
    I know you were looking for 17" guns, but I thought Id throw my 2 cents in.
    Attached Images
    18 years old
    5'11" 195lbs

majikC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) majikC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Collsteel, you are 13-14% bodyfat. Single-digits? Are you kidding me?

Mr. Widebody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree. When you talk about a typical guy with 18 inch+ arms it is usually a guy with big triceps more so than biceps. Your triceps are a lot bigger muscle than your biceps and they are much easier to build. So if you want big arms concentrate on building yoor triceps more than your biceps.

Originally posted by brc3162001
    From my experience, the way to get bigger arms is to beef up your triceps. I have really small biceps but my triceps are decently big so my arms 16".
    I know you were looking for 17" guns, but I thought Id throw my 2 cents in.

fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Just measured two days ago

These pics were from about two to three weeks ago.

Also, it was with skinfold calipers...the actual reading was 7.1%.

I felt it was low also...I think I'm closer to about 8.5 or 9%. But, that is what the trainer came up with.

And, yes...it's me.
    I'm not calling you out bro because I don't give a **** if your 7% or 10% or 12 for that matter. In those photos you look great and that is all that matters. numbers and measurements are totally overrated in my opinion. I'd rather have 17inch arms that look hard and vascular then 19 inch arms that lack a quality muscularity. Good work my man.

fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000) fire is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just measured two days ago

Originally posted by Alpha Q Up
    id say more like 12%+
    Naaa no way.. I'm 12% and don't look that good around the midsection. he isn't 12 no way.

Originally posted by 18JMS
    i dont wanna be mean but lol theres no form there...

that pic made me spit soda on my screen.
    I don't know what your looking at. It is a "still" photo. he isn't moving in it so you don't know how good or how poor his form is.

Some of you guys are being way to critical of the people posting here. I give everyone that posted pics here credit for what they've all accomplished. Good work guys.

HARDCORE129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine are 17.75 cold here.

I keep a journal on my site if you care to view my workouts to see what I am doing for arms. For biceps I feel that barbell curls have to be the best exercise I have seen response with. They work.
    Attached Images
    ADMIN @ HardcoreBodybuilding.net
    www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2

Join the forums!

daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heres like 2 yr old pic of me natural arms at 18.5 with proof...
    Attached Images
    -DAVE

daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and heres a few months ago arms or i should say ARM (right one) just hits 20" mark in this pic...
    Attached Images
    -DAVE

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by daveB_21
    and heres a few months ago arms or i should say ARM (right one) just hits 20" mark in this pic...
    wow..
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Wink

Originally posted by MrSinister
    wow..
    thanks
    -DAVE

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    look at my pix

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Assassinator
    look at my pix
    who hasn't.

and i need 2 post some pics. i've got just over 17" (In my right arm anayways), but they look so **** because my arms are as long as a gorilla's. lol
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    17"
    Attached Images
    RACKITUP's Training logg, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=464176

<--Sea here?

NEWSFLASH
    **Fat guys eat too many carbs
    Muscley guys eat alot of protein
    Skinny guys argue that you dont need protein**

Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Uber-neggR
    who hasn't.

and i need 2 post some pics. i've got just over 17" (In my right arm anayways), but they look so **** because my arms are as long as a gorilla's. lol
    Same here! gorilla arms suck they mess up the apperance of the arms and makes your bench weak!
    "Im just ready to get it on and crush this guy's skull, and show him who the real world champion is"- Mike Tyson

Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000) Joel H is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow Dave those are some nice pipes! I hope you don't get offended here, but I have to ask if steroids were involved? I'm all natural and have been busting my ass to go from 12" to 16.5" arms at my peak. I sometimes consider steroids but I wouldn't want to get 19 or 20's and then lose a bunch. Its bad enough taking a month off or so and losing half an inch or so... I feel horribly small when my arms get below 16" from a layoff, so I don't know how devestating it would be to get to 20" then shrink down to 18" or something after coming off the juice.. Sorry if Im off topic, I've never seen anyone with arms of your size and be natural. With or without roids, you've surely done some very good work building your physique, nice job!

majikC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) majikC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Joel H I can answer that question for you. Yes.

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Attached Images

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Demorak
    Same here! gorilla arms suck they mess up the apperance of the arms and makes your bench weak!
    i know how u feel.

just last friday, thier was a strength competition in my youth centre, and it was hosted by ex-powerlifters (one of them did a 650lbs squat).
    one of the challenges was to hold some heavy hammers and stretch my arms out. and even the guy comented on my long arms in the microphone, causing everyone to laugh.

i'm still the bigges thier though.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Cutting to 8-10% body fat GregElder's Avatar
    GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50)

18.5" cold (in picture), 19.5" pumped

Here's mine-- I'm new to the board, so any feedback is welcome. I'm cutting right now, so no wise cracks about my spare tire---it's shrinking!

Next, I've added an inch to my guns since Jan. by focusing on building larger triceps with 1. weighted dips 2. skull crushers 3. close grip bench presses. I've also been doing a lot of bicep peak work and this also added size and makes my biceps look bigger.(because they are "taller") I learned this from Arnold!

Daveb21---nice guns, dude!

bdj428, let me know if you have any questions---sounds like you are moving towards your goals---good job. It's not how much weight you use, it's quality reps and maximum intensity. Add weight once you can control the weight you are currently using can be lifted 8-12 times for curls. The exception(there's always one!) is cheat curls. Ask me about these if you don't know about them.

OH, CAN SOMEONE GUESS MY BODYFAT? I WAS RECENTLY TESTED AT 12%, but I want opinions, please.

Good luck everyone,

GE
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GregElder; 04-27-2004 at 06:51 PM.