Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay children?

onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gay children?

Here's a question for the over 35' misc, many, if not most, of you have children. How would you handle a child being gay? Let's keep this PC free, and fell free to express your thoughts if you do have children. I posed the same thread in the teen misc, but expect to get different answers from those of you who are actually old/mature enough to have had children. Any experiences with this, or your thoughts if your child came out to you?

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In B4 Bodyhard
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd ask "Are you happy"? Honestly I'd probably already know.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I got two kids.. boy and girl.

I'd still love them no matter what..

I used to be a homophobe growing up. Not an excuse, but the culture I grew up in basically looked down on gays and lesbians.. As I grew older in the US my views have changed. They are people, too. I served with them, I work with them, and some have become good friends..

I don't have anything against anybody. People should be free to do what they want, as long as they hurt no one. My only beef (no pun intended) about this gay rights thing is when the government forces everyone else to accept them. I accept them on my own accord, on my own free will. Any time the government forces people to 'accept' anything, it is simply wrong.. We are individuals. We should not be categorized into groups, or worse - placed in protected class.
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 06-11-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kind of hung up on gay threads are we OP? I didn't bother going into page 2 of your post record...page 1 was a perfect 100% in gayness...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Kind of hung up on gay threads are we OP? I didn't bother going into page 2 of your post record...page 1 was a perfect 100% in gayness...
    Maybe he's trying to come out of the closet.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only thing that would upset me is I would know my child would have a tougher time in life because of the way people still feel towards gays. It would not bother me to have a gay son or daughter though.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    ---

I think he already did, and considering you used a quote by Oscar Wilde, CBB, I might be suspectin' U!

(Not serious)

OP, you said you were gay. Fine. Are you happy that way? If you are, enjoy your life. You are what you are. And to answer your question, I'd agree with frozensparky. I have two sons, and if they happened to be so inclined that way, I'd love them all the same. They're my children. My wife and I made them. I would be feel bad for them, though, as society being what it is they would always be shunted (metaphorically speaking), however slightly, to the edge of the mainstream simply because of what they are. That they are bi-racial and living in Japan has already shunted them, however imperceptibly, to the side, mainly because people here have a hard time accepting that which is different, even if only by a little.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) onmyway01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Do you search everyone's post history before responding to a thread? Just curious? I find it interesting to discuss different views with different types of people. I enjoy lifting, and I've found myself of the age between the teen misc and the over 35 misc. I thought to pose this question here because those over the age of 35 are more likely to have experienced such a situation. Yes, you are correct, I enjoy posting, and find interesting, threads that affect myself directly, i.e. threads about being gay. I'm sorry if this offends you, but then again, no one made you click on this thread, or search my post history

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    ---

I think he already did, and considering you used a quote by Oscar Wilde, CBB, I might be suspectin' U!

(Not serious)

OP, you said you were gay. Fine. Are you happy that way? If you are, enjoy your life. You are what you are. And to answer your question, I'd agree with frozensparky. I have two sons, and if they happened to be so inclined that way, I'd love them all the same. They're my children. My wife and I made them. I would be feel bad for them, though, as society being what it is they would always be shunted (metaphorically speaking), however slightly, to the edge of the mainstream simply because of what they are. That they are bi-racial and living in Japan has already shunted them, however imperceptibly, to the side, mainly because people here have a hard time accepting that which is different, even if only by a little.
    Yes, I'm gay and I'm out. My parents were fine with it. As I'm sure many people of your age know (no offense), they know their children better than they know themselves. My parents knew since I was about 5 years old. It took them another 15 years to ask ( I was'nt one to tell), and they were fine with it.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    yes but hon this is just speculation on our part..unles we really did have a child that came out of closet so to speak..

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So long as they don't grow up to be RubberPig I'll be happy.
    I'm a sad little man

struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    should just be a matter of pushing the door i'd imagine
    *Compare yourself to yourself. Everyday become a stronger version of yourself.*

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    yes but hon this is just speculation on our part..unles we really did have a child that came out of closet so to speak..
    true, but as to my original post, I'd wager that more people in the over 35 misc have children to "speculate" about than the teen misc. And I wonder how many parents do really "speculate" about such things, I'm sure mine did

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by onmyway01 View Post
    true, but as to my original post, I'd wager that more people in the over 35 misc have children to "speculate" about than the teen misc. And I wonder how many parents do really "speculate" about such things, I'm sure mine did
    hmmmm...
    I have two sons
    one is 21 and married
    and one is 13 and lives with me
    raised the same way
    they know how to hunt, cook, do laundry, clean their rooms, bake cookies and respect their mama..

my oldest is expecting a son in october so no use speculating on that one

how would I feel if my youngest came out and told me..well his father would go thru roof
    me? I love my sons..no matter what

Warms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's a question for the over 35' misc, many, if not most, of you have children. How would you handle a child being gay? Let's keep this PC free, and fell free to express your thoughts if you do have children. I posed the same thread in the teen misc, but expect to get different answers from those of you who are actually old/mature enough to have had children. Any experiences with this, or your thoughts if your child came out to you?
    Honestly I would be fine with it weather they were gay or straight as long as they are happy. I have a boyfriend and my parents are fine with it. They would like for me to be with a woman but like they told be they can't tell me who to be with.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you search everyone's post history before responding to a thread? Just curious? I find it interesting to discuss different views with different types of people. I enjoy lifting, and I've found myself of the age between the teen misc and the over 35 misc. I thought to pose this question here because those over the age of 35 are more likely to have experienced such a situation. Yes, you are correct, I enjoy posting, and find interesting, threads that affect myself directly, i.e. threads about being gay. I'm sorry if this offends you, but then again, no one made you click on this thread, or search my post history

Yes, I'm gay and I'm out. My parents were fine with it. As I'm sure many people of your age know (no offense), they know their children better than they know themselves. My parents knew since I was about 5 years old. It took them another 15 years to ask ( I was'nt one to tell), and they were fine with it.
    "Do you search everyone's post history before responding to a thread? Just curious?"

Only if I have a premonition about something and need to confirm it...

OK, you are out and you and your family are all good with it. You wanted a non PC answer and I gave it to you. Would you rather have my blessing instead? Sorry, not going to happen...again not PC.
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    So long as they don't grow up to be RubberPig I'll be happy.
    This ^^^^ QFT

I have a sister who is a lesbian, I always said that my Dad never cared that she was gay but it broke his heart that she was (and still is) a wigged out left wing liberal.

Who cares who you sleep with, but if you're voting for those libs you're disowned and out of the will.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Of course parents speculate, that's a foolish thing to even question. A parent speculates on every aspect of their children's lives, at least a good parent does.
    Was friends with Methuselah

---

(Not serious)

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you"
    Oscar Wilde

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^

Sorry, Oscar.

"Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. -Oscar Wilde

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
    Oscar Wilde

^^^

Sorry, Oscar.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

hahaha..now this one I like

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Here's a question for the over 35' misc, many, if not most, of you have children. How would you handle a child being gay?
    What exactly do you mean? Would I give them less chores because they had more peer pressure to deal with? Would I buy them a new car, because they weren't like most kids? What?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Would I give them less chores because they had more peer pressure to deal with? Would I buy them a new car, because they weren't like most kids? What?
    I think you know exactly what I mean, just look at other responses in this thread. But no, I would not expect anyone to treat their children any differntly based on their sexual preference. God knows I had no less chores (j/k I was the oldest, so I had the most chores of all)