wannabelean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm 255lbs now and when I'm 175lbs how much should I be squatting?

I'm kinda confused on this one. I've never trained seriously before and I've just started out on Kethnaab's Modified Rippetoe Starting Strength program. You can say I'm a newbie at the gym. Neven been this serious about my fitness before. I've made a decision to cut and I wont stop until I reach my 10% BF goal. I'm squatting currently 125lbs 3 X 5 with a fair bit of hard pushing. My question is, Should I get able to squat 205 lbs with ease if I drop like 80lbs of my weight loss is fat loss?

BF : 36.5%
    Lifestyle : Sedentary
    Diet : VLCD

Thanks! and looking forward to your replies
    Last edited by wannabelean; 02-26-2007 at 03:26 AM. Reason: number entry mistake

thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thechadperson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes youll be able to keep your strength up as long as long as you dont drop your weight to fast because then youll be losing muscle. You might even be able to lift more than you use to if you only loose fat

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, you should be able to squat your 1-1.25 x bodyweight easily.

I would advise you to make some small goals to keep you on track. First, it looks like you'll be gaining muscle weight so be wary of the scale. Second, 80lbs is a big goal and it should take you at least a year to reach that. Go faster and you'll probably end up with saggy skin around your body.

wannabelean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so basically if I ensure there is no muscle loss in those 80lbs, I should surely be able to squat 205 lbs right??

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Why the number chasing? Just do what you can, bust your ass in the gym, and the numbers will come.
    _________^

****EDIT****

----------v
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

Somewhat concerned One More Time's Avatar
    One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One More Time has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why the number chasing? Just do what you can, bust your ass in the gym, and the numbers will come.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
    I'm kinda confused on this one. I've never trained seriously before and I've just started out on Kethnaab's Modified Rippetoe Starting Strength program. You can say I'm a newbie at the gym. Neven been this serious about my fitness before. I've made a decision to cut and I wont stop until I reach my 10% BF goal. I'm squatting currently 125lbs 3 X 5 with a fair bit of hard pushing. My question is, Should I get able to squat 205 lbs with ease if I drop like 80lbs of my weight loss is fat loss?

BF : 36.5%
    Lifestyle : Sedentary
    Diet : VLCD

Thanks! and looking forward to your replies

...........easily. Give yourself a LONG time to hit your goal, do not be too agressive with your cut.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

I just don't know anymore MoGeaYuglay's Avatar
    MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you're doing just fine as long as you're always doing better the next workout (either more reps or more weight, preferring more weight if you can)

the guy who starts out squatting 135 and keeps adding 5lbs every week or so is doing much better than the guy who keeps squatting 315 and doesn't change jack the next workout and so on.
    If you think you can, you will.
    If you think you can't, you're right.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just add whatever fat weight you lose to the bar and then worry about more.