potsnpans77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to get below 10%

Hey all, I'm starting to hit a wall in my cut. I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at about 10-11% bodyfat right now and it's getting hard to keep cutting down. I was hoping I could get some input on my current routine and diet:

3-day split

A - Chest, front delts, arms
    B - Back, rear delts
    C - Legs, lateral delts

Training every single day unless I really don't want to go, which is usually less than once a week. Also a 20-25 minute jog every morning.

My macros for the day are around 170 protein / 200 carb / 80 fats, but I'm gonna change to a carb cycling style diet starting today/tomorrow.
    My idea for the carb cycling diet is 3 days of low carb (170 protein / 100 carb / 100 fat) and 1 day of high carbs (170 protein / 300 carb / 80 fat).

Any thoughts?

CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by potsnpans77 View Post
    Hey all, I'm starting to hit a wall in my cut. I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at about 10-11% bodyfat right now and it's getting hard to keep cutting down. I was hoping I could get some input on my current routine and diet:

3-day split

B - Back, rear delts
    C - Legs, lateral delts

Training every single day unless I really don't want to go, which is usually less than once a week. Also a 20-25 minute jog every morning.

My macros for the day are around 170 protein / 200 carb / 80 fats, but I'm gonna change to a carb cycling style diet starting today/tomorrow.
    My idea for the carb cycling diet is 3 days of low carb (170 protein / 100 carb / 100 fat) and 1 day of high carbs (170 protein / 300 carb / 80 fat).

Any thoughts?
    Incorporate refeeds more frequently, other than that im in a similiar situation op. All the best.

potsnpans77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CoffeeBlack77 View Post
    Incorporate refeeds more frequently, other than that im in a similiar situation op. All the best.
    I thought 3/1 was already pretty frequent?

bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your current rate of weight loss?
    PEScience Representative
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html

www.********.com/bencarpenterpersonaltraining
    www.instagram.com/bdccarpenter
    www.youtube.com/bcpersonaltraining
    www.twitter.com/bdccarpenter

rauln1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carb cycling

I see a pretty awesome nutritionist and he had me carb cycling in the last 4 weeks of a 12 week challenge. I basically ate carbs every other meal starting with a carb meal first thing in the morning. The kicker was after my carbless meal I had to eat after 2 hrs instead of 3. I did this for 2 days then ate normally on the third. I managed to get from almost 12% to 9.4% and placed first for my age bracket in the Labrada Lean Body Challenge. Hope this helped!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Carb cycling is make-work. If you see a nutritionist you are probably not going to be very impressed if he tells you to simply eat less - but that is the essential truth. It's in their interests to make it seem more complicated than it really is.

Your body irons out any wrinkles in your carb intake. Digestion is much slower and glycogen stores are much larger than most people think. This is why it's irrelevant.

SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquattsAndOats is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by potsnpans77 View Post

3-day split

B - Back, rear delts
    C - Legs, lateral delts

Any thoughts?
    Look up Lyle McDonald. Specifically "Stubborn Fat Protocol 2.0". Reading this book (about 100 pages excluding index and references) changed the way I look at fat loss, more importantly, stubborn fat loss. This book is only for people under 12% BF.

you can pay to download it, or just google it and download it in a PDF format for free. It's really good and it's to the point. I've heard nothing but great reviews about it from average joe-bloggs to semi-pro BBs.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

All the best, and good luck!

-Squatts.

VJFitness2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in a similar position so keep us posted on how you get on - I was stuck at around 13% for a while and started IF which has helped remove some stubborn lower ab fat, and cut me down to 10% - still plugging away and seeing results !
    VJFitness