Closed Thread
Page 104 of 336 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 10061
    KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by palumboism View Post
    Even equal work is irrelevant. It should be purely down to ratings since thats what the advertisers are interested in & what ultimately determines the budget. Its really that simple. Men's netball doesn't attract as much interest as women's netball etc. Work is irrelevant. I can go bash my head against a wall for 10hrs a day - brutally hard work but I don't expect anyone to pay me for it.

If they want to bitch about equality then get rid of male/female categories - let it be a true open where anyone can compete against anyone like professional 'workplaces' are meant to be. Then we can have equal pay for the winners. The fact that male/female categories even exist already gives the answer.

Which leads to another interesting point. Serena would knock off quite a few guys if it were a true open. LMAO at her saying she works harder than anyone else. If everyone had her level of muscle mass/strength she would not be anywhere near the top 50. I think thats what Woodbridge was hinting at when he said she is not know as a technical player LOL.

Normal rules of equality should apply dude - higher ratings should get more $$$ bottom line regardless of how its achieved. Matches lasting longer (mens) will mean people watch longer & exposure to more ads etc. The feminists are simply using corrupt logic, reverse sexism & playing word games using words they don't understand the fundamental meaning of. If the women's tour can think of a way to get more ratings out of their shorter, more boring matches then they will deserve more money.
    Are you serious? She would not take out ANY male player anywhere near qualifying for a major tournament.

edit: male player
    I squat so hard it brings kids to tears
    My legs are as big as frickin tree trunks
    I outsquat all those chicken leg lookin ass punks.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If they want to bitch about equality then get rid of male/female categories - let it be a true open where anyone can compete against anyone like professional 'workplaces' are meant to be. Then we can have equal pay for the winners. The fact that male/female categories even exist already gives the answer.

Which leads to another interesting point. Serena would knock off quite a few guys if it were a true open. LMAO at her saying she works harder than anyone else. If everyone had her level of muscle mass/strength she would not be anywhere near the top 50. I think thats what Woodbridge was hinting at when he said she is not know as a technical player LOL.
    No.

Serena would get obliterated by any guy in the top 25.... and probably quite a few outside of that TBH. Her speed and strength are intimidating on the women's tour.... but decidedly avg. on the men's.

You really think she'd have a chance against Verdasco, Pospisil, Kyrgios, D. Brown, etc.... who are all ranked outside of the top 25? I don't.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    seena can NOT compete at the level with men
    however, in terms of tv and fan viewership
    I can't think of more than 5 or 6 men players that I would rather watch more than Serena if given the choice (Novak, Fed, Nadal, Stan, Murray being those guys)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500) KEVINLOOKINASS is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    No.

Serena would get obliterated by any guy in the top 25.... and probably quite a few outside of that TBH. Her speed and strength are intimidating on the women's tour.... but decidedly avg. on the men's.

You really think she'd have a chance against Verdasco, Pospisil, Kyrgios, D. Brown, etc.... who are all ranked outside of the top 25? I don't.
    If you entered her into the men's draw at Wimbledon she would lose in the first round no matter who she played against
    I squat so hard it brings kids to tears
    My legs are as big as frickin tree trunks
    I outsquat all those chicken leg lookin ass punks.

Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Serena wouldn't beat a man in the top 1000, probably not even 5000.
    ***ORANGE CRUSH CREW***

pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000)
    LMAO at her saying she works harder than anyone else. If everyone had her level of muscle mass/strength she would not be anywhere near the top 50. I think thats what Woodbridge was hinting at when he said she is not know as a technical player LOL.
    This. Which is why not even Venus can keep up with her.

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    No.

LOL who the fukk said top 25? He said quite a few, there are hundreds to choose from. You guys totally missed the point.

Originally Posted by KEVINLOOKINASS View Post
    If you entered her into the men's draw at Wimbledon she would lose in the first round no matter who she played against
    You know there are many other tournaments, not just grand slams. I dont think he was referring to grand slams, just in general to point out that strength & size is what makes her so special compared to other female players, she really is not that good of a tennis player compared to the likes of Navratilova etc. Imagine for a second if Sharapova had Serena's size & strength LOL.
    Pysk

anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dislike how everyone keeps taking away some of Serena's success because "If everyone was this big and strong she would be average." strength and size are not things that make a tennis player the No. 1 necessarily. She's damn good. If her opponents are weak and intimidated, that's because they don't work hard enough. It's like the people saying "Serena shouldnt even be allowed to play, it's not fair for the other women". wtf? is it her "fault" that she's this strong? I'm not saying she's super technical - of course her success comes also from her strength. But her strength alone shouldn't stop other women from beating her. Just have some respect. And I'm pretty sure she could beat some men, maybe not the top 25 but definitely a few outside of that.

Also - cmon Federer! I'm sooooooo nervous.
    Forza Juventus, unico grande amore, una grande passione.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by anibani View Post
    And I'm pretty sure she could beat some men, maybe not the top 25 but definitely a few outside of that.

Also - cmon Federer! I'm sooooooo nervous.
    the problem with your argument is in thinking that you need to say Serena could beat Men in order to estalbish her greatness
    IMO she is going to go down as the greatest Female tennis player ever.
    She has dominated her competition and done so over a long period of time
    Why do you need o think she could beat the 50th ranked man in order to say she is great?
    Rank her among her peers?
    We don't today's players to Rod Laver. Laver is arguably the best ever but could not compete against any man in today's game. Compare people to the competition they face rather than imaginable matchups/scenarios

And yes, go FED!
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bzdura will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    the problem with your argument is in thinking that you need to say Serena could beat Men in order to estalbish her greatness
    Of course she's the greatest ever ..... because she has the size & strength of a man

anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anibani has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    She has dominated her competition and done so over a long period of time
    Why do you need o think she could beat the 50th ranked man in order to say she is great?
    Rank her among her peers?
    We don't today's players to Rod Laver. Laver is arguably the best ever but could not compete against any man in today's game. Compare people to the competition they face rather than imaginable matchups/scenarios

And yes, go FED!
    no I don't NEED to say it. For me, she's one of the greatest female players ever. and noone should take that away from her "because she's built like a man". that's disrespectful. I only said that she could beat men because that was the discussion right above my post. just answering to that discussion. It had nothing to do with my argument.

VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000) VictorJustice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Normal rules of equality should apply dude - higher ratings should get more $$$ bottom line regardless of how its achieved. Matches lasting longer (mens) will mean people watch longer & exposure to more ads etc. The feminists are simply using corrupt logic, reverse sexism & playing word games using words they don't understand the fundamental meaning of. If the women's tour can think of a way to get more ratings out of their shorter, more boring matches then they will deserve more money.
    I agree with you, just worded that part of my sentence a bit strange. Equal prize money is sexist towards men.
    Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    Serena wouldn't beat a man in the top 1000, probably not even 5000.
    This is a lot more realistic. Don't even begin talking about winning, she would struggle to take a game off anyone in the top 1000.

Nothing demeaning about that, it's just the immense natural difference between men and women in sports.

4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4thdimension is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by VictorJustice View Post
    Nothing demeaning about that, it's just the immense natural difference between men and women in sports.
    This is true. I feel like it's more demeaning to claim she's built like a man or should be competing with men, seems like they're just trying to discredit her achievements.

Originally Posted by VictorJustice View Post
    I agree with you, just worded that part of my sentence a bit strange. Equal prize money is sexist towards men.This is a lot more realistic. Don't even begin talking about winning, she would struggle to take a game off anyone in the top 1000.

nothing demeaning... not at all.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Okay, we have a match.

Seriously Roger, how many chances do you need? 0/3 on BPs in the 2nd.

Needs to focus for the next 15 minutes. This is the time when a grinder who plays percentage tennis can pounce.

mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hopefully they decide to close the roof because djokovic is playing some incredible tennis right now. biggest differences between novak and and andy is their mental strength and the depth of djokovic's shots

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Federer should be up 3-0 in this set.

0-30 on the Djokovic serve. Then 30-40. 1-1. Then he's cruising at 40-15 in the next game and gets broken.

Djokovic chokes just as hard as any other top player under pressure. The problem is he's not tested enough.

mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mols0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Federer should be up 3-0 in this set.

0-30 on the Djokovic serve. Then 30-40. 1-1. Then he's cruising at 40-15 in the next game and gets broken.

Djokovic chokes just as hard as any other top player under pressure. The problem is he's not tested enough.
    hopefully the federer rain delay tradition continues

Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Djokovic serving on clutch points is the difference in this match to me

I still think Roger will get chance to get break back this set

Rain has been forecast for the afternoon, they know when rain is approaching and can start closing the roof but instead they prefer to waste everyone's time.

Close the roof and avoid further disruptions.

dont like my women single wifestealer's Avatar
    wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fed should have broken that first game back after the break

sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It seems like roger isn't coming to the net nearly as often this match, he's not going to win if he stays in these long baseline rallies.

dont like my women single wifestealer's Avatar
    wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wifestealer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fuk this gay earth

Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Carbonfibre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wifestealer View Post
    fuk this gay earth
    Its the serve.

Roger is getting no free points on his own serve.

Really sucks.

Originally Posted by Carbonfibre View Post
    Djokovic serving on clutch points is the difference in this match to me

I still think Roger will get chance to get break back this set
    The difference for me is Federer played his final on Friday. Not necessarily a physically draining match but mentally I think it took a lot out of him to perform at that level.

Meanwhile Djokovic got a couple of easy matches after coming close to losing in the 4th round. Gasquet went and f'd it all up. Stan should have been in that semi.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    The difference for me is Federer played his final on Friday. Not necessarily a physically draining match but mentally I think it took a lot out of him to perform at that level.

Meanwhile Djokovic got a couple of easy matches after coming close to losing in the 4th round. Gasquet went and f'd it all up. Stan should have been in that semi.
    Yeah there is that too.
    That match was as good it can get.

But I saw that also as massive confidence boost going into today and it just hasn't materialized.

Double faulting.

Barely winning 50% of his second serves.

This so going so wrong.

unbelievable how clutch novak serving is

phuack

these big matches really just come down to a few points here and there. federer had opportunities to win that first set didn't take them. won crucial points in the 2nd set. 3rd set he had an opportunity to really turn the tide and take a 2-0 led, looses a BP and then gets broken. up 0-30 now and djoker reels off 4 straight points and now is 1 game away from the championship

welp GS #9 for Novak. He got better and better as the match went on, esp in those last 2 sets. Fed really needed that 1st set

Originally Posted by mols0n View Post
    these big matches really just come down to a few points here and there. federer had opportunities to win that first set didn't take them. won crucial points in the 2nd set. 3rd set he had an opportunity to really turn the tide and take a 2-0 led, looses a BP and then gets broken. up 0-30 now and djoker reels off 4 straight points and now is 1 game away from the championship
    Game over and you summed it up.

The match was there for the taking. Didn't convert.

It's a shame, Federer played better tennis all fortnight but looking back peaked in the semis.

The margins are so small. Anderson had two break points in the 5th set and could have taken out Federer's biggest threat. Likewise Stan could have been in the semis pushing Novak to 5 again. Wasn't to be.

Closed Thread
Page 104 of 336 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast