Closed Thread
Page 264 of 317 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,920 of 9505
    Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pitbull707 View Post
    Well for one i've been watching the 49ers with my family since 1993 when I was 7. I remember being a youngster and getting to eat dinner in the living room for a change because the 49ers were playing in the super bowl and smashed the chargers. I remember Deion Sanders lining up at WR and Steve Young trying to hit him fora long TD but barely overthrew him. I've been a fan through the thick and the thin... Elvis Grbac, Jim Druckenmiller bust, The Jeff Garcia days, TO becoming relevent as a member of OUR team... the Alex Smith dark days, Troy Smith, the David car era, the Singletary era of sub .500.

Do you remember when the 49ers ran a flea flicker to Jerry Rice and he threw a long bomb to a streaking JJ Stokes for a long TD? I do... how about in a game in the 90's against the bills when we were losing and they were about to score again and Gary Plummer smashed the **** out of Thurman Thomas on the goal line, making him fumble while we ran it back for a touchdown to go ahead and win the game? I saw that live too.

Secondly, I've been on the MISC for about 5 years and have been subbed to this thread for a good majority of them.

Because you have 11k reps on an internet forum and I don't have a post every week for the last 3 years in this thread blaming our offensive coordinator, I am not allowed an opinion? I'm not sure what you're even arguing. I said Kap sucks, you agree and you come at me all sideways and chit. It sucks the 49er's got their anguses torn open tonight, but don't blame Greg Roman and most definitely don't blame ME... blame Colin Kaepernick. But don't come at me sideways questioning who I am as a 49er fan because bro that's one thing I am, red and gold for life soooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! we outchyea!!!!
    I've been a fan since around 1987 so yes i remember all that. I've never seen you post in here and maybe you ought to try and post sometime so we know you're not a troll since your post is exactly the same things the troll spew out.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    Best case scenario we bring in an up and coming offensive mind to take over playcalling duties and Harbaugh doesn't restrict him at all with his views.
    That would be best case but do we honestly think that's going to happen? I give it a 2% chance. I think Harbs knows he wants out so he'll tell Jed & Trent that he'll take over more of the playcalling duties the rest of the year so Roman can keep his job and they'll all be gone next year.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    I've been a fan since around 1987 so yes i remember all that. I've never seen you post in here and maybe you ought to try and post sometime so we know you're not a troll since your post is exactly the same things the troll spew out.
    Pittbul has posted in here a few times just not one of the regulars.

He can have his opinion but just because someone has been a fan for a while doesn't mean they're right about something.

Niner fans have a habit of chitting on their QBs and thinking they're never good enough til they actually win a SB.

A part of me would love to see Kap go to the Eagles to see him turn into a star

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    That would be best case but do we honestly think that's going to happen? I give it a 2% chance. I think Harbs knows he wants out so he'll tell Jed & Trent that he'll take over more of the playcalling duties the rest of the year so Roman can keep his job and they'll all be gone next year.
    Oh I'm pretty sure at this point Harbaugh will leave. A part of me wonders if that would be for the best. Maybe not long term but for a quick boost just due to change.

I brought up the Jon Gruden to Tampa before. They were winning and getting into the playoffs with Tony Dungy but just couldn't get over the hump because of their offense. Jon Gruden comes in and bam...they put it all together and win a SB. Then end up declining.

I think with Baalke and the young talent we have in place we're better prepared to stay relevant long term but perhaps a new HC & OC combo can get these guys to come together for one season and win it all. Defense should be great next year. Hell the concerns we'll have there is how to get everyone on the field.

Offense just needs someone to get everyone playing better and putting them in positions to succeed.

Not to mention the unknown factor can make things harder for other teams to defend.

Strong draft, key free agent moves and we're right back in the SB hunt.

xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My trip to Seattle in 2 weeks just became less fun.

Originally Posted by xTENACITY View Post
    My trip to Seattle in 2 weeks just became less fun.
    Just get in early and go all Tanya Harding on the legion of Boom and Marshawn.

xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000) xTENACITY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just get in early and go all Tanya Harding on the legion of Boom and Marshawn.
    i'll try to hold a spoon when i get arrested bro

mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly I am so sick of this offense and having to listen to everyone talk **** about our team, QB, coaching, etc. They need to just ****ing figure it out and play better on offense. All of them.
    San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco Giants
    Golden State Warriors
    San Jose Sharks

UNNNLIMITTEEED POWWWWAAAA SkyGuardian's Avatar
    SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last nights performance was atrocious from our offense, not just Kaepernick , even though he had his worst display that I can recall since he became QB.

That being said, the season isn't over and I'm not about to throw our QB under the bus over 1 game especially with a OC like Greg Roman calling the plays. It's hilarious how many fairweather fans I see saying "We want Alex Smith back!" or hogwash of that tone. Kaep has nothing to prove in regards to being better than Alex, he's already been where Alex never was and beat Alex(in arguably a better offense more suited to Alex's skills). I'm not defending Kaep's performance yesterday, THAT was awful. But I am defending his position as our quarterback. When Kaepernick has a slew of awful games of this magnitude is when I will step back and say "Ok, it's time for a change at the position." but not after one awful game.
    Pharmaceutical Chemistry BSc
    R.I.P Ssj4vegetto1008
    R.I.P Zyzz
    *******MISC MUSIC FESTIVAL CREW*******
    49ers

UNNNLIMITTEEED POWWWWAAAA SkyGuardian's Avatar
    SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkyGuardian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mngardne View Post
    Honestly I am so sick of this offense and having to listen to everyone talk **** about our team, QB, coaching, etc. They need to just ****ing figure it out and play better on offense. All of them.

I'm just thankful that it's been so long since people had a chance to talk about the 49ers in this fashion. Let people talk, there's still lots of football to be played.
    Pharmaceutical Chemistry BSc
    R.I.P Ssj4vegetto1008
    R.I.P Zyzz
    *******MISC MUSIC FESTIVAL CREW*******
    49ers

wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wolveriner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats a solid point. It is good to be devastated after a loss like yesterday. It means the team is relevant.

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Adam Gase for head coach campaign bandwagon boards here. :P

Now here's my long ass rant.

Running the playclock down. I get it, you run the play clock down, the defense reveals their intentions, shows off their coverage yet at the same time it allows the defense to get a jump on the line as they can better time when the ball is going to be snapped.

Kaepernick hasn't shown the sort of recognition to understand exactly what the defense is doing and where to go with the ball, even when they do reveal their coverage and in some cases it seems teams are picking up on his proclivities and are baiting him into throwing passes where a second defensive back suddenly steps up into the area. I think Kaepernick puts way too much emphasis on pre-snap reads.

If you run the clock down with a guy like Brady or Manning, seasoned veterans that can pick defenses apart in their sleep, then its an advantage to the offense, but with Kaepernick, I don't see him ever getting to their level of reading a defense but even so, the guy can still win you games but with him at quarterback, there is no real advantage to running the clock all the way down, especially considering the state of the OL, they need all the help that they can get.

QB Approach- Even though it really doesn't reflect in the stats, Kaepernick did look a lot better when he was rolling out in the second half. What boggled my mind is that they seemingly refuse to utilize his mobility and they are trying to force him to turn into something he's not. He's not a classic dropback passer, if you wanted a dropback passer, you should have taken someone else in the draft. Kaepernick's strength is his mobility, his athleticism, he looks far more confident when he's on the run. They seemingly are trying to force a square peg into a round hole and it just isn't working.

Execution- Execution issues continue, I've been watching the same sorts of problems crop up for the better part of four seasons now. All the shifting and other assorted BS doesn't help, defenses aren't buying in, they aren't fooled anymore. Back in 2011 the offense surprised a lot of people with the motioning, moving guys around all over the place, teams didn't know what to expect. Nowadays it just looks tired, every quality defense almost seems to have a guy up in the booth with Roman as he's making the playcalls, relaying them back to the defense. Sherman couldn't stop bragging that they knew exactly what was coming. In 2012, the Rams couldn't stop bragging that they knew exactly what was coming. Dahl came over here and confirmed that they knew exactly what was coming. Minnesota's defensive players couldn't stop bragging that they knew exactly what was coming. Execution becomes a b***h when the defense is all over your playcalls the vast majority of the time. Defenses in the NFL are way too good for them to be given any additional advantages and I think regardless of all the cute, gimmicky stuff they try at times, teams are well aware of exactly what this offense is trying to do and how to shut them down.

The most disheartening thing is seeing guys looking so listless out there. Regularly you'll see receivers basically walk their routes down the field, making it entirely clear that they know even before the ball is snapped that the pass isn't coming their way. Just by looking at the body language of the guys on offense, they aren't buying into this scheme anymore, they don't believe in it, nobody really seems fired up and the leadership void, especially in the two minute offense, is highly visible. That falls on Kaepernick, as the QB he should be the guy to make sure everyone has got it together, that they are aware of the situation and what needs to be done but I think as a quarterback he's gotten to the point where he's trying to be too buddy buddy with guys instead of letting them know that they are f**king up. I don't think its his style to be very vocal and get into guys faces but that is what the position demands. Everyone needs to be held accountable, including Kaepernick himself.

Kaepernick. Some games he looks like he's progressing, some games he looks like he's regressing badly. I don't know if its a feature of the offense or just a major shortcoming on his part but he's looking for the homerun ball way too often, trying to force passes into coverage when nothing is really there. He doesn't look confident at all and I think part of that is the coaches trying to get him to be a dropback passer but that's just not who he is. We've seen him play very well at times but he's still too inconsistent. However I still think that if you put him in an offense that is more aligned with his strengths, I could see him doing substantially better. I think in an offense like Philadelphia's he could do some real damage. When the 49ers ran the no huddle versus Arizona earlier this season, he looked the best I've seen since that Chicago Bears game. He was decisive, making quick throws, short passes to receivers, steadily moving the ball down the field.....and then they never did that again. Its tough to gauge how much is on him and how much is the scheme but I think the blame goes both ways. Kaepernick made some very poor ill-advised throws yesterday. Some times the defender makes an outstanding play and you can't do anything about it, sometimes the wide receiver screws up a route, Kaepernick simply was floating passes right to Sherman, inexplicably. Those are the sorts of plays that he has to be smarter about. He's always going to be the gunslinger type which is always going to result in some interceptions but I don't see what good can come of trying to challenge Sherman on the outside repeatedly. I have hope that he can come back from this but I just don't ever see him or really any QB having sustained success in this herky jerky sort of offense.

The offensive scheme- The scheme emphasizes the vertical passing offense but this team doesn't really have any downfield threats. 34 year old Brandon Lloyd is pretty much the best deep threat on this team and that really isn't saying a lot. Most of the receivers are possession guys who would have a better fit in a more traditional WCO. Guys aren't regularly getting open downfield. I saw Lloyd get wide open on one play and Boldin on another but the focus on downfield passing, and I don't know if that is a result of Harbaugh and Roman's design or if Kaepernick simply wants to chuck it deep has really led to a majority of this team's struggles IMO. VD was the deep threat, but VD isn't looking like himself right now and with teams not having to focus as much on him, it really makes this offense a lot less threatening. It seems like offensively, they want to have a passing offense similar to what Arizona has, the difference is that Arizona has actual vertical threats like John Brown and a playcaller with decades of experience in just that sort of offense.

This offense has been getting more talented......but yet the results have been getting worse. That is simply inexcusable. The playcalling leaves a lot to be desired, people can talk about execution and the quarterback....etc, but a lot of these same issues have consistently been there for the better part of four seasons now. The offense doesn't even have injury issues like the defense does to sort of explain away their troubles. Guys have been dinged up on offense but on the defensive side, you've got All-Pro's that have missed nearly the entire season. There's no excuses.

There are no excuses for this team being so awful on first down. Opposing defenses aren't really doing anything special. They line up in the box to stop the run and then blitz like crazy on third down. Rinse and repeat, game in and game out and yet this team still hasn't adapted to that. Even yesterday I'm seeing Seattle bringing blitzes on third down and there doesn't seem to be any sort of adjustment on the part of the offense. You can blame Kaepernick for only so long, at some point you'd think that the coaching staff would step in and say "Hey look, when they blitz us like crazy, we need to get the ball out quick, there needs to be a hot route to beat the blitz" and yet nothing has seemingly changed.

All the motioning, the shifting, but this is a pretty vanilla offense, either run the ball pretty much straight ahead or play chuck and duck with a bunch of possession receivers that don't get much separation. It seems like they make things way too complex for the type of results they are getting. Seattle pretty much ran the same few plays on offense over and over again and they won because they executed. They weren't fooling anyone, did anyone doubt that they were going to be rolling out Russell Wilson all game, and yet they stuck with the same plays, they executed well and the offense worked. Better execution wins over complex playcalling every single day. The offense knows where they are going, the defense thinks they know where the offense is going but they really aren't sure.

My gut feeling is the same as I've had for a few seasons now. This is really bad offense at its core. It goes beyond personnel, beyond execution, this is just not a good scheme. You can't run a scheme where you have THIS much talent and the results are so dismal. Being almost dead last in first down yards, being near the bottom in passing offense continually, it just doesn't cut it anymore. Opposing defenses have caught on, they understand what is coming and what this offense wants to do and I'm really tired of this offense continually playing into the defense's hands. This season is the worst offensively since the Hostler era, it so frustrating and the lack of leadership on offense is quite telling. When this team gets into a situation like 2nd and 15, 2nd and 20, they pretty much shut down and most of the times you can count on them gaining very few yards after that, or on 3rd and 8, you can count on them picking up 6 or 7 yards with the ball winding up in front of the first down marker. This has been happening continually since 2011.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Additionally, for all the people chanting "just run the ball." Not sure if you've noticed but this really isn't a power running offense anymore. With the various injuries on the OL, with guys regressing, they aren't enforcing their will on opposing defenses, the holes that were popping up in previous seasons....aren't there anymore and teams are happily loading up the box to stuff the run and dare this team to throw. Gore has done an INCREDIBLE job in turning a whole lot of nothing into something. Hyde as well has had moments where he should have been stuffed a few yards behind the line of scrimmage but still picked up 3 or 4 yards somehow. I don't see the RB's as the problem but the OL simply isn't as good, defenses are selling out to stop the run and there is no coherent passing offense to pick up the slack. This is not a modern passing offense by any stretch. Dilfer last year talked about this being an "archaic, 1970s passing offense" and he was right on the money. This looks like a Steelers offense from the 70s, which was great in that time but since then, defenses have more than adapted.

In short, this teams needs a change in direction on offense. There's too much stuff going wrong to blame it on any one party but I think this sort of stuff tends to snowball and pretty soon, nothing is working right. The run game isn't working right, the passing offense isn't working right, the OL isn't blocking right, the QB isn't looking right, everything is off and that lands directly at the feet of the coaching staff. Changes need to be made, whether or without their consent, as great a job as the defense has done, the offense has been pretty mediocre and without some changes in the scheme, I don't think there's any good reason to expec things to get better. As far as Kaepernick goes, as I said, its tough to gauge the extent of how much he's screwing up and how much the offense is forcing him to be a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. I'm not ready to give up on him simply because a lot of the issues that we are seeing.....existed before he even became the starting quarterback. He's maddeningly inconsistent but has enough potential that I'd like to see what he can do with a more effective offensive scheme.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

So yeah, I think this team badly needs a new philosophy on offense. It appears, based on the latest articles, that Harbaugh now has no supporters in the front office, Baalke was reportedly the last guy who was standing up for him and a few weeks back, Harbaugh completely managed to alienate him as well. With Harbaugh doubling down in his support for Roman, its becoming clear that they both need to go and if that happens, I want a complete fresh start, a young coach, dedicated, detail-oriented, with a brilliant offensive mind and that is why Gase has caught my interest.

Adam Gase looks the part of an NFL head coach. And by early 2015, he most certainly will be.

The Denver Broncos' offensive coordinator -- already hotly coveted a year ago and one the brightest young offensive minds in the game -- put aside his future career aspirations and the teams desperate to talk to him (Cleveland chief among them) to focus on Denver's Super Bowl run.

It would be no surprise to see the Broncos challenging for a Lombardi Trophy again deep into the winter, but I have a hard time believing Gase is not running his own team shortly after Denver's season ends. The demand will be too high, and while another year of working with Peyton Manning and perfecting his offensive scheme made plenty of sense in 2014, just watching Gase operate closely for the past few days during joint practices with the Texans leaves the impression he is very much a head-coach-in-waiting.

Gase is intense and driven during practices, he isn't afraid to get fired up and make sure that a Broncos team that went about shattering most significant offensive records a year ago maintains an edge. Players told me he is as driven as ever, still fuming over the Super Bowl loss to Seattle, and is anything but complacent. His compassion -- Gase was truly devastated by the ACL tear suffered by receiver Jordan Norwood on Wednesday and spent time consoling the young man as soon as he was informed of the injury -- has endeared him to players as well. They know that regardless of his age (36) he can't be run over or hoodwinked.

The respect and admiration he has earned from Manning is well known around the league, and Manning, who has a strong relationship with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, was no small part of the reason why Haslam was so driven to land Gase a year ago, leaving the job unfilled for a long time in hopes he might change his mind. Manning's report to Browns ownership on Gase was so strong, league sources said, that Haslam was on a mission to get him.

fap fap fap fap fap

Gase has become at ease with the media. I stood back and watched his briefing with the local media on Wednesday and you could tell Gase was growing more comfortable with the give and take, revealing some personality, doling out information without going to the point of compromising his team in any way, seeming to enjoy the give and take. He didn't fear the camera and wasn't awkward in any way.

Hue Jackson is another guy I am intrigued by.

Originally Posted by wolveriner View Post
    genus on that long post a few posts back.....

I agree with you. But don't you think that same argument can be applied to Harbaugh? That good, proven coaches are hard to find. Finding coaches that can win, etc?

For the record I am not for canning Harbaugh or getting rid of Kaep yet. Let this season play out. This team could go to Seattle in two weeks and win, and then we will all look like fox news anchors explaining how Ferguson riots signal the downfall of America. Let the year play out.

Remember the Packers SB run? Chit regular season, won 3 or 4 games down the stretch to get in, got hot and worked people come playoffs.

Exactly what has this offense shown you to indicate that they are even remotely capable of doing such...........let's be reality, this team is going to lose at least 2 of their 4 final games and be knocked out of the playoff hunt well before the end of the season.

Harbaugh is going to be a goner at the end of the season, anyone not accepting that is pretty much in denial. York, Baalke and Marathe are the ones running the show, I trust them to find a good head coach to take over.

When York and Harbaugh agreed on July 30 to table Harbaugh’s contract talks until after the season, it set the stage for a make-or-break season. And although the 49ers (7-5) are clinging to slim playoff hopes, the 49ers certainly looked broken in front of a national television audience against their most-heated rival.

Harbaugh’s tenure after this season has been in serious doubt since training camp. Now, it seems like a near-certainty he will not be back for the final season of his five-year, $25 million deal. The 49ers – and most teams -- are averse to having a coach enter the final year of his contract.

One source told CSNBayArea.com that Baalke was the last person resembling an ally that Harbaugh had among the team’s hierarchy. And that changed a couple weeks ago when Harbaugh alienated Baalke to the point that it became unanimous a change should be made for the 2015 season.

But York’s statement afterward appeared to display that his patience with the team’s underperforming offense has completely run out.

Although 49ers management and ownership might have wanted to see Harbaugh make changes on offense after the team’s 13-10 home loss to the St. Louis Rams on Nov. 2, Harbaugh has fully supported Roman’s job performance.

In retrospect, it makes sense now that Harbaugh went out of his way to praise Roman the following week after the 49ers’ 27-24 overtime victory against the New Orleans Saints.

"(I) thought Greg Roman called an outstanding game, as he always does," Harbaugh said. "He's a great coordinator, indispensable part of our team.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/seah...e-belongs-york

Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cali916 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well now that the loss has sort of been digested... just looking back at this season, I'm officially off the Kaepernick as our QB of the future group. His 1 or 2 highlight reel plays every now and then are not going to get this team anywhere. He has shown very little growth and I will stand by that statement. EVERY week it seems that somebody has to try to make excuses for why he plays bad. Do I think he should be given a chance with a different scheme? Yes. Do I think that will happen? I'm not sure it will. The most annoying excuse has to be shaking off his performances against Seattle because "ITS SEATTLE MAN, THEY MAKE EVERYBODY LOOK BAD". The 49ers play them 2 times a year and possibly in the playoffs. You can't just accept that Kaepernick will forever play like **** against them. I would be happy if Kaepernick came out the next few weeks and just took over the damn game and played good. I will eat crow..

I have no idea how the ownership will handle this situation. It seems like the options are:

1)Keep Harbaugh, fire Roman, Let kaepernick have another year with a different scheme.

2)Fire Harbaugh, Roman, Bring in a new HC/OC with a new scheme. Draft a QB, Let Kaepernick have a fresh year with a new staff.

3)Harbaugh, Roman, Kaepernick are all gone. New scheme, new Qb (most unlikely scenario).

The Misc's Chris Christie HumptyBrah's Avatar
    HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
    Hue Jackson is another guy I am intrigued by.
    I don't know how I feel about Hue Jack City but he certainly was given a raw deal in Oakland
    I shiit on miscers, that's why I post with a diaper on

modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ClarkWayne View Post
    #ByeRoman
    #ByeKaep
    YES

Resign Harbaugh on the condition he forces Roman out

modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) modurlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I see this is turning into a Kap hate thread...this is the sports misc thread after all.

Bad games mean guys have to be cut or traded right?

What amazes me is some of you claim to be long time fans. Do you recall who our QBs were before Kaepernick? You think finding QBs who can win games like he can is easy? Jay Cutler is about as mediocre as you can get. Piles up the stats and the interceptions. Yet the guy has a great offensive coach helping him out, terrific talent around him.

Yes Kaepernick was horrible last night...who on the field on offense wasn't? Yes he missed throws he should've hit. Yet how many times did we get guys actually open? How much time did we give him to make good reads?

What bothered me the most about his game yesterday is the ****ing stubborness to attack Sherman. It's like the guy doesn't learn. I pointed to the comments by that writer on Twitter.

He basically said Harbaugh has turned Kaepernick into a robot who acts like nothing can hurt him(no sleeves vs GB, #idontgetcold) etc...much better QBs are smart enough to avoid Sherman when they don't have to throw at him. I have no idea why the fuk Kap insists on doing it. Sherman is definitely in his head and the idea of "I'm going to shut this guy up" is great...but you obviously can't do it so just avoid the bastard!

Now...this is one game. When you step back and wake up you'll see Kaepernick has done a lot more good than bad. The inability to be consistent is frustrating but I find it hard to put all the blame on him when Wilson's game is made so much easier with the playcalling he has.

Seriously go back and watch the game(if you can stomach it) how many open receivers did we have for Kap to throw to? How many did Wilson have? It's night and day.

Look at how Marc Sanchez looks in Philly after looking horrendous with the Jets. Did he somehow become a great QB by switching states? Look at the improvement from Drew Brees in his SD days in playing with Sean Payton.

Hell look at Steve Young and how he improved after coming here from Tampa Bay. Coaching matters and Colin is still a young QB with room to grow. There has been growth in him with Roman. He can certainly grow much more with someone competent.

Maybe he'll never be an elite QB but he can be better than he is now. Someone has to stop babying him and building him up and tell him to stop acting tough and just get the job done. Getting rid of him is idiotic.
    Oh look, iamgenus' weekly "It was just one bad game for Kaepernick"

Reality: Bad $120 Million Dollar season.

HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by modurlife View Post
    Oh look, iamgenus' weekly "It was just one bad game for Kaepernick"

Reality: Bad $120 Million Dollar season.
    I've resisted engaging you in discussion but I'd really like to know how this is a "$120 Million Dollar Season"

Originally Posted by HumptyBrah View Post
    I've resisted engaging you in discussion but I'd really like to know how this is a "$120 Million Dollar Season"
    I always opposed resigning Kaepernick. He should be playing out his Rookie contract right now. After the signing occurred, most of us saw foresaw the steady decline of the franchise but even I didn't expect it to occur within 1 calendar year.

I always opposed resigning Kaepernick. He should be playing out his Rookie contract right now. After the signing occurred, most of us saw foresaw the steady decline of the franchise but even I didn't expect it to occur within 1 calendar year.
    Thanks for not answering my question, bro

WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) WRXbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can tell from that single comment that he has no idea how Kaps contract works.
    49ers, Lakers, A's, Stanford
    Automotive/Smog tech
    2004 modded FXT

Reps for life : Niner fans, Jetlife

EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn 120 for only a year? This team is going to be in a salary cap hole for the next few years, thanks a lot Kaep.

Originally Posted by WRXbrah View Post
    You can tell from that single comment that he has no idea how Kaps contract works.
    It's easier to make speculations than go over details.

Originally Posted by WRXbrah View Post
    LOL @ playing dumb. BUT But but it's not guaranteed, but but but it's back loaded, but but but what about my precious #7 jersey

LOL @ playing dumb. BUT But but it's not guaranteed, but but but it's back loaded, but but but what about my precious #7 jersey
    Lol good work bro. At this rate Kap won't see even 25% of that money but this sure is a $120 Million Dollar Season

Lol good work bro. At this rate Kap won't see even 25% of that money but this sure is a $120 Million Dollar Season
    He signed a gigantic contract and responded by having ****ty lines drawn on his little empty skull

He signed a gigantic contract and responded by having ****ty lines drawn on his little empty skull
    That still doesn't qualify your statement. How is this a "$120 Million Dollar Season"?

hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That still doesn't qualify your statement. How is this a "$120 Million Dollar Season"?

Anyone who is critical of Kaepernicks contract clearly doesn't know chit about it. The rest of us who actually follow know it's basically a pay as you go rental contract that we can terminate at the end of any season with no cap repercussions.

Kaeps issues go beyond the playing field and unfortunately the arrogance and ambivalent behavior is seeping into every aspect of his game.

Harbaugh is responsible for that.

I'm all in favor of trading Harbaugh to the Raiders for a 2nd and 3rd round pick, hiring an offensive coach, drafting a new QB in the early rounds and developing a new identity going forward.

The experiment is over and Harbaugh has over stayed his welcome.

Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    Anyone who is critical of Kaepernicks contract clearly doesn't know chit about it. The rest of us who actually follow know it's basically a pay as you go rental contract that we can terminate at the end of any season with no cap repercussions.

Kaeps issues go beyond the playing field and unfortunately the arrogance and ambivalent behavior is seeping into every aspect of his game.

Harbaugh is responsible for that.

I'm all in favor of trading Harbaugh to the Raiders for a 2nd and 3rd round pick, hiring an offensive coach, drafting a new QB in the early rounds and developing a new identity going forward.

The experiment is over and Harbaugh has over stayed his welcome.
    I don't care if he's critical of it, I just don't know what he means by this being a $120 million season and he refuses to elaborate aside from criticizing Kap's haircut.

Closed Thread
Page 264 of 317 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast