Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VICgotgame is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol fuk a bodybuilding gym! Ask Jay Cutler to pic and I'm pretty sure he's go with the more modern and clean looking gym!

Sucks how they'll make a smaller company gym to close down tho..

Chairman of the bored Postmort3m's Avatar
    Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Postmort3m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Richie71 View Post
    Most important thing about sales: Listen to your client. Pisses me off when sellers don't do that and just go into their standard spiel without understanding their client and tailoring the response accordingly.
    Agreed, but it's probably a script and they have to mention everything. LA Fitness drives their sales people hard so they get shopped all the time to make sure they're saying what their supposed to.
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

>>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>

MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000) MiamiSpartan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yup....been a member since 2000... It'll be great for 3-5 years....and then It'll go to crap for another three years or so before they renovate...
    I'm lucky that I live halfway between two clubs....by the time one gets crappy, they've fixed the other one....
    Chicago White Sox. 2005 World Series Champs!!
    Chicago Blackhawks!! 2010, 2013 & 2015 Stanley Cup Champs!!!
    Michigan State Spartans. 2007 NCAA Hockey Champs!!
    Michigan State Spartans. 2014 Rose Bowl Champs!! 2015 Cotton Bowl Champs!!

Am I self-centered or is it just me?

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.....
    Does the 3 second rule apply to soup....?

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today, they told us they are taking all the TVs off the treadmills because it cost to much in electricity.
    I don't do cardio so I don't care, but many people are pretty upset LOL
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mcbourque View Post
    Today, they told us they are taking all the TVs off the treadmills because it cost to much in electricity.
    I would be pissed. Never heard of a gym doing that before.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

TV makes cardio bearable.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting Marie, I was told by our guy here that the new treadmills were all going to have some sort of fancy tv that will be able to flip up to watch or down if you don't want to watch it. I run quite a bit on them so i like something to look at to distract me from reality a bit.
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Interesting Marie, I was told by our guy here that the new treadmills were all going to have some sort of fancy tv that will be able to flip up to watch or down if you don't want to watch it. I run quite a bit on them so i like something to look at to distract me from reality a bit.
    Maybe they took our TVs to put in your location.
    I though it was a pretty bad business decision considering we have two nicer gyms in the area. People like those TVs.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    The ones at my gym go to #145, how does it rank?
    Gym by my house goes up to 140, the one by my work goes to 200.

I use to the 140's only for heavy DB shrugs.

I use the 200's for a heavy DB curl
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    So LA fitness is opening up this month right up the block from my gym, it is HUGE!!!

So I stop by to visit (as they are taking members from my current gym, Dolphin Fitness)

The guy giving me the tour (gym is still not open) asks me "What is the first thing you want in a gym? and I replied free weights lost of free weights.... he looks at me and says, yeah I know but what do you really want or expect a gym to provide? I looked at him and said free weights....

So he gives me a puzzled look and he starts his rehearse tour, he shouts out 64 thousand square feet!!

He shows me a huge room for spin glass - I said not interested

He shows me "clean" showers and a boat load of "clean" lockers - Not interested

Huge space to shave, groom - Not interested

Huge cardio room - Not interested

Kettle bells and some kind of dynamic pylo some sh!t - Not interested.

Huge swimming pool - Not interested

Huge sauna - Not interested.

A track - not interested.

A steam room - Not interested..

A whole section of machines - Somewhat Interested.

Then finally the weight room...F'cking awesome.

6 squat racks two with platforms to perform SLDL
    12 benches
    6 cages
    5 pull up bars
    5 dip bars
    Loads and loads of dumbbells
    GHR machines
    Sitting calf raises like 5
    6 leg press
    6 hack squats

And so much more...

I said now you are talking!!

Price? 199 to join and 25 a month or 99 to join and 40 a month.
    Wtf was the guy getting at asking you what you really want in a gym? Sounds like a nice setup BH. I joined a World Gym back in December and all the manager kept going on about was the new smoothie bar they were putting in. Like I'm really gonna pay someone $5 to blend me a protein drink. The three squat racks, dumbells up to 150 and tons of Hammer Strength equipment are why I joined. An atmosphere that lets you train how you want without some walking pencil sounding an alarm or asking you to stop "slamming the weights" is a plus as well. It's getting harder and harder to find a decent gym that will leave you alone and let you train anymore.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Wtf was the guy getting at asking you what you really want in a gym? Sounds like a nice setup BH. I joined a World Gym back in December and all the manager kept going on about was the new smoothie bar they were putting in. Like I'm really gonna pay someone $5 to blend me a protein drink. The three squat racks, dumbells up to 150 and tons of Hammer Strength equipment are why I joined. An atmosphere that lets you train how you want without some walking pencil sounding an alarm or asking you to stop "slamming the weights" is a plus as well. It's getting harder and harder to find a decent gym that will leave you alone and let you train anymore.
    We are an dying breed OS.....
    On the list for Bannukah

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Reps for any gym having Hammer strength gear, best $hit out there.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    The only thing I would like heavy DBs for is rows.....and my gym only goes up to 120. Not great. One time in Montana, I stopped by a Gold's Gym to workout while on vacation. They had DB's up to 150. I went to grab them, and they actually had a layer of dust on them...which led me to believe they hadn't been used in quite some time. If I were to guess, the most action a 200 lb DB would see is college dipsh!ts challenging each other to rack and unrack them. I kinda doubt they would much (if ever) be used as part of a serious workout.
    One of the gyms I visit has dusty 100's. I like breaking them out of their slumber.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

u wot m1.68179283050743⁴ Manc33's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    It is the last bodybuilding gym left in the Bronx.
    Someone with a lot of cash needs to swoop in right now and save it, or the Government even could.

At this new place you should get a reduced rate if you use only one room.