TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10)

NGA Shows - anyone ever done one?

So I'm doing the NGA North Jersey Bodybuilding show in East Orange on the 21st. I did the NPC Midatlantic Classic in May and I figured, I'm already dieted down might as well do another show and just picked the NGA one cause it was close by and not too far off time wise. Anyway, I can't really find too many pics from years past. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever competed in an NGA show and, if so, how was the show run, level of competition, overall experience, whatever. The show starts at 4 pm and apparently pre judging and the night show are basically back to back. This is new to me so any feedback on personal experiences with the same or a similar format would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll be fine..simple as that! Even though I compete on bikini I got my Procard my first ad only Nga show and I normally compete in npc. Nga is nowhere near as political and competitive as npc. I was actually bloated and came out on top. The bodybuilders are very small compared to what the npc wants so in all sincerity you should do very very well! Feel free to inbox or email me ShreddedBarbie@gmail.com if you have any other questions or concerns. Good luck!

TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheManDime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks I appreciate the feedback. Definitely makes me feel better.

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know much about NGA formatting, I think that's odd to have prejudging and the night show practically back to back. Judging from your pic you'll do just fine in the show. I've heard NGA judges really favor conditioning over mass. You should have a good time, let us know how it goes!

Good luck!
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    I don't know much about NGA formatting, I think that's odd to have prejudging and the night show practically back to back. Judging from your pic you'll do just fine in the show. I've heard NGA judges really favor conditioning over mass. You should have a good time, let us know how it goes!

Good luck!
    Thanks bro I appreciate it, definitely makes me feel better. I'll keep you updated for sure.

Registered User BB-archeologist's Avatar
    BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did an NGA show in Vegas back in March. Granted, it was the first time this one had been held, but it was a complete joke. The venue was awful (a freakin' basketball court, fully lit mind you), weigh ins took almost 3.5 hours and there were maybe 30 total athletes in the show, and saying that it was dis-organized would be a massive understatement. Everything started about 45 minutes late and they ended up getting the classes out of order. Best of all, they played my posing music for the guy who went before me, then they just let it keep playing through my routine, even though it was 5 minutes into the song. The audience was so fed up with the debauchery that they actually laughed a masters female competitor off stage. And on top of all that, they just nickle and dimed the crap out of me.

Now, I don't know if this is an anomoly or if this is how they always handle their business, but i vowed that day that I would never do an NGA show again. Ever.
    2014 MR. ALASKA - PRO

Natural Pro Bodybuilder

"Flannel is more than a material, it's a lifestyle."

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BB-archeologist View Post
    I did an NGA show in Vegas back in March. Granted, it was the first time this one had been held, but it was a complete joke. The venue was awful (a freakin' basketball court, fully lit mind you), weigh ins took almost 3.5 hours and there were maybe 30 total athletes in the show, and saying that it was dis-organized would be a massive understatement. Everything started about 45 minutes late and they ended up getting the classes out of order. Best of all, they played my posing music for the guy who went before me, then they just let it keep playing through my routine, even though it was 5 minutes into the song. The audience was so fed up with the debauchery that they actually laughed a masters female competitor off stage. And on top of all that, they just nickle and dimed the crap out of me.

Now, I don't know if this is an anomoly or if this is how they always handle their business, but i vowed that day that I would never do an NGA show again. Ever.
    This sounds absolutely awful. I hope to never have an experience like that. Surprised with the low quality for a show in Vegas, I do see there was no pro class listed for this show. The posing music fiasco would tick me off soo bad. Thats completely unacceptable.

TheManDime, looks like your show in East Orange includes a pro class...I would imagine the show would be run more smoothly and be much more organized if there is a pro class competing.
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jersey7177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    This sounds absolutely awful. I hope to never have an experience like that. Surprised with the low quality for a show in Vegas, I do see there was no pro class listed for this show. The posing music fiasco would tick me off soo bad. Thats completely unacceptable.

TheManDime, looks like your show in East Orange includes a pro class...I would imagine the show would be run more smoothly and be much more organized if there is a pro class competing.

^^ That one is run more smoothly but be prepared to stay there until 9-10pm with the pros included. Last year there were a decent amount but its all together. I think that show is actually the same one I did last year, I believe there's just that one in June. The expeditors are great, but its definitely overwhelming having a small break in between prejudging and finals but they kind of run though that much faster. It's a hell of a lot easier and shorter than NPC shows. And if anything you'll get a trophy out of it! Although I did get my procard I highly doubt I'll ever do an NGA show again, NPC is by far the best one out there. FYI make sure you bring something comfortable to sit on too lol, that schools hallway killed me last year waiting all those hours!

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have been to 1, going to another hopefully in november if my injury gets better.

mine went perfectly fine, except many people have said i should have placed higher, so judging wasn't the best. also they messed up a song twice for one guy, felt bad for him.
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    Have been to 1, going to another hopefully in november if my injury gets better.

mine went perfectly fine, except many people have said i should have placed higher, so judging wasn't the best. also they messed up a song twice for one guy, felt bad for him.
    Everybody thinks they should place higher than they do . Every federation has people moaning about the judges.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess it all depends on the area. I'm from the New England area and used to compete in the NGA on a regular basis 2001-2006. The promoter was fantastic and always went all out for the competitors. Her shows were always started on time and there was no waiting around, no bs. I always felt the judging was fair and they were pretty spot on with placements. They tend to go for conditioning over size, so if you can nail that, you're golden.

Good luck to you.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Everybody thinks they should place higher than they do . Every federation has people moaning about the judges.
    i'm not saying i was the only one lol. it was a pretty bad decision. think lionel getting 4th with kuklo getting first, or kevin english winning those 212 shows. doesn't make any sense. i don't care since it was my 1st show and i only would have cared if it had meant me winning, but im just saying it was more than just 'thinking i should place higher'. the guy was 70 and had been competing for years with the NGA. all mangled up too.. if you want i can prove it with pics
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)