Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Diet and results question

Hey guys!! I've been lifting for about 5 months, doing a pretty basic program. 4-5 days a week. Really hard strength training workouts. Chest day/arms day/delt day etc... Squats and deadlifts too. I saw a huge difference in my body size bit I wasn't losing any fat. I recently have decided to eat clean which is hard!! Bit I've been doing it for about 2.5 weeks now. Keeping records, using calorie counter etc... I have been trying to stick to a 40/40/20 macro but started cutting out carbs so nvm the macro. Trying to do the ketosis thing but I'm definitely an amateur. I started at 207 lb and 2 weeks later at 199. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after well, u know lol. I'm trying to stay in the 1700-1800 calorie range. I have seen No physical changes as far as fat loss but am dropping weight. I get about 150 grams of protein a day. Is this a normal amount of weight loss and do u think I should see some abs poking through yet? I drink a minimum of 48 oz of water per day. But I have 2 cheat days on the weekend. My basic foods are chicken breasts, steak and talapia for protein with some shakes and broccoli and asparagus for veggies.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whats your TDEE and macros? aim to lose 2-4 pounds per month. whats your reason for doing keto?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brian4real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here is a typical day for me during the week after deciding to cut down on carbs. I started with a 40/40/20 protein carbs and fat but i read about ketosis and wanted to give it a try. My main purpose right now is to try to lose FAT! But i also don't want to lose too much muscle although im sure i will I have been lifting heavy for months with a ****ty diet. Nothing but soda for drinks, no water, bad food etc... Now for 2 weeks ive been eating super clean except for 2 cheat days. I just started trying to have 1 cheat meal instead of cheat days. So i just want to lose fat and maintain as much muscle as possible. I increased reps and decreased weight. Still lift 4-5 days a week, over an hour workout. I try to get a couple days of cardio.

Protein 147 grams
    Carbs 98 grams
    Fat 70 grams

1,599 calories

This was before i started cutting carbs
    145.9g Carb
    52.3g Fat
    140.6g Pro
    1,574 Cal

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brian4real View Post
    Here is a typical day for me during the week after deciding to cut down on carbs. I started with a 40/40/20 protein carbs and fat but i read about ketosis and wanted to give it a try. My main purpose right now is to try to lose FAT! But i also don't want to lose too much muscle although im sure i will I have been lifting heavy for months with a ****ty diet. Nothing but soda for drinks, no water, bad food etc... Now for 2 weeks ive been eating super clean except for 2 cheat days. I just started trying to have 1 cheat meal instead of cheat days. So i just want to lose fat and maintain as much muscle as possible. I increased reps and decreased weight. Still lift 4-5 days a week, over an hour workout. I try to get a couple days of cardio.

Protein 147 grams
    Carbs 98 grams
    Fat 70 grams

1,599 calories

This was before i started cutting carbs
    145.9g Carb
    52.3g Fat
    140.6g Pro
    1,574 Cal
    your calories are way too low man.
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As much as I personally like to eat lower carb (80 - 100 grams) and slightly lower calories (200 less) on my off days, the whole ketosis thing is an absurd waste of time if you don't have some specific medical reason for doing it. Carbs just taste way too good.

Even if you efficiently losing fat rather than muscle, still don't expect to see abs until you are around 12 - 14% body fat depending on how well you abs are developed. You're probably still over a month from seeing abs. You are eating way too little which may cause excessive muscle loss therefore only prolonging the amount of time before you will see a six pack.

Calculate your TDEE at the link below. TDEE, or total daily energy expenditure is the amount of calories you need to eat in order to maintain your weight given your current activity level.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ *

*If you have an abnormally active lifestyle due to a physical job or sports in addition to your gym workouts, your TDEE is probably a bit higher than what this calculator says. In this case, to start, I would add 100 - 200 calories to your TDEE and go from there.

*If you are at a body fat over 25%, use the Katch-McCardle formula option, otherwise the calculator may overestimate your TDEE.

If you are trying to gain muscle, add 350 calories to your TDEE. The result is the amount of calories you should try to eat per day. This caloric goal is just an estimation for your starting point. Adjust your caloric intake in 50 - 100 calorie increments after 2 - 3 weeks. If bulking, aim to gain 2 - 3lbs per month.

If you are trying to lose fat then subtract 700 from your TDEE, possibly a couple hundred more if you are at a high (25%+) body fat. Adjust your caloric intake in 100 - 200 increments after the first 2 - 3 weeks. While cutting, aim to lose 1 - 2lbs per week, possibly more if you're at a high body fat. You may lose a lot of water weight at the beginning of your cut so I wouldn't over react to weight loss in the first week. Also while cutting, I would recommend having a refeed day every 10 - 14 days where you eat at your recalculated TDEE.

Protein: Get at least .6 - .8 grams of protein per day per pound of bodyweight**
    Fat: Get at least .4 grams of fat per day per pound of bodyweight
    Carbs: Get however many carbs (or protein/fats) you want with the remaining calories

**If you're at a high bodyfat, your minimum would be closer to .6 grams.

Remember that protein and carbs are 4 calories per gram and fat is 9 calories per gram. Do not make any particular macronutrient the enemy.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MAGnitude View Post
    your calories are way too low man.
    this^
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total