Naeya1mj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lean chest workout opinions?

Hello all,

I've been using a lot of informational things off of this website for awhile now. Great location for advice.

I'm in the process of trying to show more lean muscle. I had an ok base to start with and was capable of losing about 8-10 lbs of fat while making gains on lifting. I store fat more on my sides and in my (lower) chest than most. Any suggestions on chest exercises that help to really tone instead of bulk, which seams to happen to me. I know there has to be something wrong, I am on a calorie deficiency, 160-180 grams of protein a day, HITT about 2-3 times a week plus softball. Just need some suggestions, am I over doing it? Also, I do mess up on my diet on weekends with partying. Definitely guilty of that, but hey it's been a long winter.

Below is my chest/tricep work out as of now.

Chest workout

Wide Grip Barbell Bench Press
    4 sets of 9 140lbs w/o bar weight

Incline Dumbell Bench Press
    4 sets of 9 100 w/o bar weight

Decline Cable Cross Over
    4 sets of 10 80lb

Or

decline bench
    4 sets of 10 140lbs w/o bar weight

Super set of cable pull downs
    4 sets of 10 70lb

Flys
    4 sets of 10 130lb

Super set with Dips
    4 sets of 10 105lbs

Overhead triceps pull
    4 sets of 10 100lb

Skull crushers
    3 sets of 10 25lbs

Super set with bench dips
    3 sets of 10

Tricep kick back
    3 sets of 10 25lbs

Chest press
    3 sets of 10 140lbs

I posted this off my iPhones notes so may be scrambled. I lowered some of my weights to increase reps which I have heard mixed reviews on doing that. But I've really been trying to focus on the squeeze more during my reps.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude, wow man. All I do is 4 sets of DB bench (with extremely anal attention to MMC, this is key with chestl) and 2-3 sets of incline flies about once every 6 days and my chest grows rapidly. I'm not a beginner either. In your condition, you can probably do 3-4 sets of bench twice a week and NOTHING ELSE and grow your chest extremely fast.

The real question is - "are you feeling these exercises in your chest throughout the whole range of motion?"

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't matter how many exercises you do: if you're still storing body fat in your chest, it's down to diet.

J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J2BDifferent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would stop worrying about " tone" "bulk". Just build muscle bro. You cant tone up your chest when there isn't any muscle there.

Registered User jamaatalcomilla's Avatar
    jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamaatalcomilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    too much volume, diet is probably not good
    even Einstein couldnt explain gravity

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Dude, wow man. All I do is 4 sets of DB bench (with extremely anal attention to MMC, this is key with chestl) and 2-3 sets of incline flies about once every 6 days and my chest grows rapidly. I'm not a beginner either. In your condition, you can probably do 3-4 sets of bench twice a week and NOTHING ELSE and grow your chest extremely fast.

The real question is - "are you feeling these exercises in your chest throughout the whole range of motion?"
    I believe your last question may be my problem and how you referenced MMC. I have lacked in really focusing on making sure i am strictly using my chest the entire motion and really squeezing when i get to a certain point. i've also just recently switched to using more dumbells than barbells and will focus on this more. During your cut did you continue to lift heavy to get that form you have in the picture? Its a nice build for that minimal chest workout. Wish mine built like that.

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    It doesn't matter how many exercises you do: if you're still storing body fat in your chest, it's down to diet.
    I do believe my diet is on point for the most part. Carbs are 155g, Fat 35g and Protien is around 180g. Total calorie about 1,600 - 1,800. which i do know that 200 difference can matter. I eat like this about 5 times a week and weekends i do mess up. Not horribly, still eat healthy, just not as high on protein and most calories are coming from the beer. I noticed your transformation, great job man. That must have felt food. Any tips or suggestion? Minus the simple fact of too much beer isn't helping.

Thanks

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Naeya1mj View Post
    weekends i do mess up. Not horribly, still eat healthy, just not as high on protein and most calories are coming from the beer.
    Thanks
    Those weekend days will **** you
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    I do believe my diet is on point for the most part. Carbs are 155g, Fat 35g and Protien is around 180g. Total calorie about 1,600 - 1,800. which i do know that 200 difference can matter. I eat like this about 5 times a week and weekends i do mess up. Not horribly, still eat healthy, just not as high on protein and most calories are coming from the beer. I noticed your transformation, great job man. That must have felt food. Any tips or suggestion? Minus the simple fact of too much beer isn't helping.

Thanks
    Fats are way too low IMO.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by jamaatalcomilla View Post
    too much volume, diet is probably not good
    I'm going to cut the volume down alittle. I do think it may be too much, and i need to focus more on motion. My diet is good for the most part. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Carbs are 155g, Fat 35g and Protien is around 180g. Total calorie about 1,600 - 1,800. Which puts me under maintenance i believe.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Those weekend days will **** you
    Yea. I do believe thats where my problem is too. Hard living a busier life style and maintaining that diet. Having an office job makes my eating schedule very easy. Guess i'll have to work on this some more.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Fats are way too low IMO.
    I have been told that a few times. My only real source of fats are from walnuts and flax seed. I guess i'll have to look into a few more sources of healthy fats. Frustrating losing that initial 10lbs than just stopped. Hasn't gained back yet, so thats good.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea. I do believe thats where my problem is too. Hard living a busier life style and maintaining that diet. Having an office job makes my eating schedule very easy. Guess i'll have to work on this some more.
    When you want to get down to low bodyfat your diet will control your life....You gotta want it
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB