Ksteez11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some serious help

Hey guys, last summer I was going to the gym and I made some SERIOUS progress, I had never felt better in my life, then school started. I would get home from school and then go to work, and I had no time at all to go to the gym. Well I did have some time, I was just tol tired from the day to want to go. Because of this, I sunk into a deep depression and ive literally lost every ounce of progress I had worked towards. That being said, let me begin with my problems.

Problem 1: How can I get the energy to want to go to the gym when college starts up? My parents are hounding me to work a lot and go to school full time and I want to stay healthy because I felt like a genius when I was working out. I was maintaning a 3.8 GPA which sunk down to a 2.4 the next year because of depression.

Problem 2: I am allergic to whey protein. If I drink a protein shake, or eat a protein bar from the store, my throat begins to swell up. What are my alternatives?

Problem 3: I am starting the big man on campus workout program and I am wondering if this is my best option. I am a beginner trying to build size. 19 years old, 5'9", 133lbs.

With all this being said, I am tired of being the skinny kid and I am SO ready to get bigger and live healthy. Please help me!

Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000) Skinnyphuck96 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Dont really know bro, maybe PWO? Never taken though. Just try to get lots of sleep if you can
    2. Tuna and Chicken, also Milk is pretty good for protein
    3. Never seen the program, but generally people recommend SS/BLSS (Starting Strength), ICF 5x5, or All pros. My advice is just pick one, stick to it, and eat
    Repping bobshmob123 on sight

Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do not get on Big man on campus, you're a beginner, so get on ICF 5x5. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout

Originally Posted by Skinnyphuck96 View Post
    1. Dont really know bro, maybe PWO? Never taken though. Just try to get lots of sleep if you can
    2. Tuna and Chicken, also Milk is pretty good for protein
    3. Never seen the program, but generally people recommend SS/BLSS (Starting Strength), ICF 5x5, or All pros. My advice is just pick one, stick to it, and eat
    1. Forgot to mention I wont take pre workouts because I dont like the way they feel, but thanks!
    2. Awesome so youre saying I wont need protein if I eat properly? Will I still get good gains?
    3. Dont you have to pay to get the riptoe program?

Originally Posted by Speedosaurus View Post
    Do not get on Big man on campus, you're a beginner, so get on ICF 5x5. I
    I really wanted a 6 day a week program, but would 3 days a week be more beneficial if I used ICF?

Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Speedosaurus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ksteez11 View Post
    1. Forgot to mention I wont take pre workouts because I dont like the way they feel, but thanks!
    2. Awesome so youre saying I wont need protein if I eat properly? Will I still get good gains?
    3. Dont you have to pay to get the riptoe program?
    You do need protein, but you don't need the protein shake if you're having problems, there are other foods that are rich in protein.

I really wanted a 6 day a week program, but would 3 days a week be more beneficial if I used ICF?
    Yes ICF would be more beneficial for you because it''s a fullbody workout routine, and that's your best option as a beginner.

You do need protein, but you don't need the protein shake if you're having problems, there are other foods that are rich in protein.
    Okay sweet, do you know of any easy to make things that will get me 133g of protein a day?

Yes ICF would be more beneficial for you because it''s a fullbody workout routine, and that's your best option as a beginner.
    Alright sounds good, how long should I be on this program?

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay sweet, do you know of any easy to make things that will get me 133g of protein a day?
    Dairy, milk, eggs, cheese, (greek) yoghurt, meat, fish, peanuts, peanut butter, whatever. I get 90 a day off milk alone, 133 is a short order. If you're looking for something a little more creative, search up homemade shakes recipes on here.

Alright sounds good, how long should I be on this program?
    Until it stops working. If ICF gives any official guidelines, go by them, read the thread. If it doesn't, 3-4 resets in any major compound, in combination with frequent misses, stalls, resets, and a general lack of progress in multiple lifts, means it's time to move on.

Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    Dairy, milk, eggs, cheese, (greek) yoghurt, meat, fish, peanuts, peanut butter, whatever. I get 90 a day off milk alone, 133 is a short order. If you're looking for something a little more creative, search up homemade shakes recipes on here.

Until it stops working. If ICF gives any official guidelines, go by them, read the thread. If it doesn't, 3-4 resets in any major compound, in combination with frequent misses, stalls, resets, and a general lack of progress in multiple lifts, means it's time to move on.
    I am lactose intolerant, that may be why im allergic to protein shakes. I hope I will be able to make gains through other methods!

And okay ill definitely be trying this program today, thank you so much!

ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, last summer I was going to the gym and I made some SERIOUS progress, I had never felt better in my life, then school started. I would get home from school and then go to work, and I had no time at all to go to the gym. Well I did have some time, I was just tol tired from the day to want to go. Because of this, I sunk into a deep depression and ive literally lost every ounce of progress I had worked towards. That being said, let me begin with my problems.

Problem 1: How can I get the energy to want to go to the gym when college starts up? My parents are hounding me to work a lot and go to school full time and I want to stay healthy because I felt like a genius when I was working out. I was maintaning a 3.8 GPA which sunk down to a 2.4 the next year because of depression.

Problem 2: I am allergic to whey protein. If I drink a protein shake, or eat a protein bar from the store, my throat begins to swell up. What are my alternatives?

Problem 3: I am starting the big man on campus workout program and I am wondering if this is my best option. I am a beginner trying to build size. 19 years old, 5'9", 133lbs.

With all this being said, I am tired of being the skinny kid and I am SO ready to get bigger and live healthy. Please help me!
    Mate it sounds like you're in the EXACT same situation as me except my parents are cool and in the year I took out I lost most of my gains but put on ~25lb's of fat from comfort binge eating so count yourself lucky.

1) Talk to your parents about depression, weightlifting and exercise in general is scientifically proven to help combat depression through endorphines being released (my mental health issues lower significantly when I work out).

2) Try hemp protein or soya protein powders if you feel like you can't get enough protein from your diet alone. Check out www.myprotein.com they have a ridiculous selection of alternative protein supplements.

3) I'm on ICF 5x5, you only need to work out 3 times per week which will leave you plenty of time to study. It's a proven routine which involves all essential compounds.

All in all I think the main thing you need to figure out is if you are motivated to go to the gym, because if you're dragging yourself to every session then you need to want it more. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, I'm a beginner too so know you must feel pretty overwhelmed!

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am lactose intolerant, that may be why im allergic to protein shakes. I hope I will be able to make gains through other methods!

And okay ill definitely be trying this program today, thank you so much!
    I see.

In the case of dairy, there's a lot of lactose-free product out there, almost everything off that list of dairy I gave, you should be able to find an alternative somewhere that doesn't cause an allergic reaction, and I'm sure you must've looked into some of these if you've been LI for a while? If not, have a look around. You've still got meat, which is easy to get large amounts of protein from, and peanuts/peanut butter (read the label to ensure it's lactose-free) are still an option. Plenty of people here have limitations in their diet, vegetarians (can't eat meat), vegans (don't eat meat, or any product from an animal, milk, anything containing milk, whatever), I don't know the specifics, but there's also a lot of LI people here, and they have to intake a lot more than you do.

Meat, peanuts/peanut butter, a wide variety of other high protein sources, protein exists in most foods in some quantity as well, which will add, combined with potentially lactose-free dairy products, depending on what you can find, and you'll easily hit your intake.

SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallestGiant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think soy is one of the few full profile proteins thats not from meat or dairy.

Talking

Originally Posted by ConnorJS View Post
    Mate it sounds like you're in the EXACT same situation as me except my parents are cool and in the year I took out I lost most of my gains but put on ~25lb's of fat from comfort binge eating so count yourself lucky.

1) Talk to your parents about depression, weightlifting and exercise in general is scientifically proven to help combat depression through endorphines being released (my mental health issues lower significantly when I work out).

2) Try hemp protein or soya protein powders if you feel like you can't get enough protein from your diet alone. Check out they have a ridiculous selection of alternative protein supplements.

3) I'm on ICF 5x5, you only need to work out 3 times per week which will leave you plenty of time to study. It's a proven routine which involves all essential compounds.

All in all I think the main thing you need to figure out is if you are motivated to go to the gym, because if you're dragging yourself to every session then you need to want it more. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, I'm a beginner too so know you must feel pretty overwhelmed!
    Very informative information, thank you friend!

Originally Posted by SmallestGiant View Post
    I think soy is one of the few full profile proteins thats not from meat or dairy.
    Awesome, hope im not allergic!

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

1. Caffeine and sleep.
    2. Don't eat things that you're allergic too. Eat more chicken, beef, fish, yogurt, etc.
    3. Get on a real program. Starting Strenght or Allpros