ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How many calories are in a Broccoli?

Every single search has a different result and I haven't been able to track fruits and vegetables accurately.

Google:
    Broccoli: 1 NLEA Serving (148g) 50 calories

FitDay: 148g - 41.4 calories

FatSecret: "1 Cup" (wtf?) 31 Calories
    1 cup = 236.58824 g...And most vegetables are given the serving amount in cups for some reason.

CalorieCount - Serving size 1 Cup/ 88g (??)- 30 Calories

When you eat Veggies multiple times a day, that difference add up throughout the week to about 500 calories. This is why I haven't been eating as many vegetables lately, I want to fin d a reliable, widely used source to track calories for fruits vegetables. Hopefully one that doesn't measure in Cups.

Those who eat a lot of vegetables, what do you use to track them? Also, how many grams are in a cup when it comes to vegetables?

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThunderBee View Post
    Every single search has a different result and I haven't been able to track fruits and vegetables accurately.

Google:
    Broccoli: 1 NLEA Serving (148g) 50 calories

FitDay: 148g - 41.4 calories

FatSecret: "1 Cup" (wtf?) 31 Calories
    1 cup = 236.58824 g...And most vegetables are given the serving amount in cups for some reason.

CalorieCount - Serving size 1 Cup/ 88g (??)- 30 Calories

When you eat Veggies multiple times a day, that difference add up throughout the week to about 500 calories. This is why I haven't been eating as many vegetables lately, I want to fin d a reliable, widely used source to track calories for fruits vegetables. Hopefully one that doesn't measure in Cups.

Those who eat a lot of vegetables, what do you use to track them? Also, how many grams are in a cup when it comes to vegetables?
    I eat frozen broccoli and mine is 35 kcal per 100 gr
    Difference is not too big anyways..i wouldnt sweat it too much. Just be consistent. It's like people asking for questbar macros. Track them however you want, but then just stick to that

ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah that's what people have said in the past, "track it however you want, just stay consistent" but I don't understand that, it's hard to explain why though. Like I wouldn't be able to tell what is causing lack of progress that way - do I add more vegetables or less or am I tracking them right and not getting enough calories, etc.

I would be better off finding a commonly "most accurate" used and accepted source to track fruits and vegetables out of all the ones out there. Most of the time fruits I get aren't labeled with info, and if they are its in Cups for some reason.

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah that's what people have said in the past, "track it however you want, just stay consistent" but I don't understand that, it's hard to explain why though. Like I wouldn't be able to tell what is causing lack of progress that way - do I add more vegetables or less or am I tracking them right and not getting enough calories, etc.

I would be better off finding a commonly "most accurate" used and accepted source to track fruits and vegetables out of all the ones out there. Most of the time fruits I get aren't labeled with info, and if they are its in Cups for some reason.
    I just looked up on the Internet for you. USDA says 34 calories, I also checked an Italian website and it said 35 so I guess that's what it is

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another post from the OP...

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My bulk bags say 25 calories per 3 oz

No idea how much 3 oz is, but I just assume its about a handful. I could be off, but broccoli is incredibly low cal anyways, its not like it really makes a difference in the grand scheme of things

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's broccoli. How much of it are you eating that small discrepancies in calories would be making a significant change in your goals?

5 servings of vegetables every day,

atleast I want to, but im not going to start that until I can find an accurate way to track it.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So you're not eating 5 servings of vegetables/day because you're worried about a ~10 calorie discrepancy per serving.

well it was more like 20-30 and i didnt know how much g a cup of fruit was

Red face

There,s over 9,000 bodybuilders on th is site someone has to know a good source to look up nutrients for veggies!!

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There,s over 9,000 bodybuilders on th is site someone has to know a good source to look up nutrients for veggies!!
    How about finding it yourself? Instead of making thread after thread.

Wow you're banned. I made this thread because I couldn't find it myself, but you probably didn't even read it because youre too banned, out out out

Wow you're banned. I made this thread because I couldn't find it myself, but you probably didn't even read it because youre too banned, out out out

Please stop posting/trolling in my topics.

darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darmstrong266 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think your finding different numbers bc there are diff. types of broccoli. there are broccoli cuts briccoli florets etc....if you google whatever particular kind and make you have or look up on sparkpeople you should find what you need. hope this helps

I used to weigh 300lbs. Former300lber's Avatar
    Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Former300lber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're the troll, who the hell counts calories for broccoli, go walk 2 flight's of stairs and eat all the damn broccoli you want.
    "The reason why we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."

lol @ not tracking vegetables. Thats an extra 500 cal a week uncounted for. And thanks darmstrong The problem and reason I made this topic is cause when you google it every site has a different amount, and I was trying to find what one is most used and accepted as closest to accurate.

how bad do you want it? mikeallen52's Avatar
    mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikeallen52 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just eat under 100-200 calories under your goal for the day and go nuts on veggies.
    MikeAllen v1.0 :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152402033

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ not tracking vegetables. Thats an extra 500 cal a week uncounted for. And thanks darmstrong The problem and reason I made this topic is cause when you google it every site has a different amount, and I was trying to find what one is most used and accepted as closest to accurate.
    OP I use this, it's an accurate site and is what's on the USDA's database as well. 10cals per 1oz raw: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2356/2

aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50) aMintGram will become famous soon enough. (+50)

thanks! I just don't understand how to convert cup to gram in terms of dry food. It should be asimple calculation,but some convers say, for xample im looking at:

Sweet Potato

Serving size 1cup (200g)

on the right there is a unit conversion calculator and it says

1 cup = 136 g

What do I do? What is right?

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2667/2

Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000) Vendetta52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks! I just don't understand how to convert cup to gram in terms of dry food. It should be asimple calculation,but some convers say, for xample im looking at:

Sweet Potato

Serving size 1cup (200g)

on the right there is a unit conversion calculator and it says

1 cup = 136 g

What do I do? What is right?

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2667/2
    It's the 1 cup = 200g. Do you have a food scale? If not I highly recommend getting one as using cups to measure food is very inaccurate.

Yeah I have a scale, it measures ounces and grams. Thats why I cant stand when packaging says the serving size in cups.

So 1 cup is different depending on what you put it in it

(example:

Granulated sugar: 1 cup = 200 grams
    Brown sugar: 1 cup, packed = 220 grams
    Sifted white flour: 1 cup = 125 grams
    White rice, uncooked: 1 cup = 185 grams
    White rice, cooked: 1 cup = 175 grams
    Butter: 1 cup = 227 grams
    Almonds, slivered: 1 cup = 108 grams
    Oil: 1 cup = 224 grams
    Maple syrup: 1 cup = 322 grams
    Milk, non-fat: 1 cup = 245 grams
    Milk, sweetened condensed: 306 grams
    Broccoli, flowerets: 1 cup = 71 grams
    Raisins: 1 cup, packed = 165 grams
    Milk, dry: 1 cup = 68 grams
    Yogurt: 1 cup = 245 grams
    Water: 1 cup = 236 grams
    Confectioners sugar: 1 C = 110 g
    Cocoa: 1 C = 125 g

So thats why I made this topic. Looking for a site that gives nutrition facts in grams or ounces. Everytiem I use a converter for my raspberries or broccoli it seems like im getting an innacurate # of grams.

JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonGiII will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So 1 cup is different depending on what you put it in it
    Congratulations, you just learned the concept of density.

Weight = Volume X Density

If you want to know how much broccoli fits into 1 cup you can take a large measuring cup. Fill it with water leaving at least 1 cup (250ml) free. Submerge enough broccoli to raise the water level by 250 ml (1 cup). This is the archimedes principle and it's the most accurate way to measure the volume of an irregular shape object. Now you can take that broccli and weigh it once dry. Bingo, you got a 1 cup to x gram conversion.
    Last edited by JasonGiII; 06-02-2014 at 07:40 AM.

johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100) johnpereziron is not very well liked. (-100)
    almost no calories at all

Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) Safaris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post
    I just looked up on the Internet for you. USDA says 34 calories, I also checked an Italian website and it said 35 so I guess that's what it is
    Same here, around 35 seems to be the correct number.