bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Rib Cage Area Hurts When I Deeply Exhale After Front Squat

As the title says, it really hurts in the rib cage area when I exhale after a finished set of Front Squat. Anybody has an idea why it hurts?

sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you rounding your back while doing front squats or trying to cradle the bar in elbows rather than across the delts?
    <Heavy Hitters Crew>

Better than the day before.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bartekspitza View Post
    As the title says, it really hurts in the rib cage area when I exhale after a finished set of Front Squat. Anybody has an idea why it hurts?
    THere are muscles between your ribs know as intercostals, just like any muscle they can be strained/pulled/injured. I get this sometimes and can feel it breathing deep. Just a potential culprit.

bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bartekspitza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sohei View Post
    Are you rounding your back while doing front squats or trying to cradle the bar in elbows rather than across the delts?
    No my back is straight and Im sure my form is good. I have the bar just below the throat, When Im doing the Squats it feels good, but it is after that when I exhale it hurts :/ Im going to the gym about now and will do Front squats, will see how that goes.

Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    THere are muscles between your ribs know as intercostals, just like any muscle they can be strained/pulled/injured. I get this sometimes and can feel it breathing deep. Just a potential culprit.
    Aah didnt know that, do you do anything special do make it go away or does it go away automatically?

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you taking a wide grip on the bar?

Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    Are you taking a wide grip on the bar?
    I do the grip where my hands are crossed. And no my elbows are pointing out straight forward. I just got home from the workout and it still hurts after the sets.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do the grip where my hands are crossed. And no my elbows are pointing out straight forward. I just got home from the workout and it still hurts after the sets.
    It's because of your grip. Have you tried clean grip?

Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    It's because of your grip. Have you tried clean grip?
    I thought it was a popular grip and had heard that it's what you prefer really. I have tried the clean grip but it felt really weird..

I thought it was a popular grip and had heard that it's what you prefer really. I have tried the clean grip but it felt really weird..
    It's just personal preference. You might give the clean grip another chance and see if that soreness goes away.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If its a pulled muscle it usually works itself out in a few weeks if you aren't stressing it a bunch still. If its a grip thing it will be an immediate difference. I've never personally heard of front squat grip causing soreness or injury in this area regardless of style you choose.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In my opinion the clean grip is far superior as its easier to hold the bar in position with that, while as with the crossed arms grip there is very little holding that bar back.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?