Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x0dinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pr1c3rA View Post
    I currently weigh 325.4 lbs
    The reality is, I know more than quite a few of you.
    If you know so much, why are you currently 325lbs?

the reality is, which of you have experience losing weight from 350 lbs. down to 220 lbs. and shedding over 20% body fat? Oh, none of you? Ok, thought so.
    Me. Aswell as countless others here who are trying to help you out.

Drop the ego, stop thinking you know everything, listen, and do.
    Before: 350lbs

Currently: 190lbs

Location: Tehran and Dubai, Tehran and Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pabloslab has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awwwwww maaaate, this thread.

OP, I understand every word you're saying. you want to use every piece of knowledge, equipment, supplement available but your mindset is so completely out of whack.
    You've been successfully brainwashed by the fitness industry x 1000%
    I know cos it took me about 15 years to figure it out. In fact, I can tell you a reference for every point you made. 6 meals a day - Bun fat, feed muscle. Endomorph - Gaining Mass etc.

Open your eyes son can't you see? It was all to sell you ****. Tom Venuto made a fortune from that book and even more from his inner circle support thing which the book incidentally was a giant advertisement for.

Nowhere in any of these books did it say things like, you're gonna catabolise a lot of muscle on a calorie deficit. Burning fat takes forever, you're going to get weaker on your lifts - these are facts to face. By the way, don't be so afraid of starvation - it's only a bad thing if it is prolonged.

I don't know any of these posters personally and this place depresses me sometimes but i'll say one thing about this forum, we have no agenda, we're not trying to line out pockets, just a bunch of dudes trying to help eachother by giving advice - sometimes that advice is not what you wanna hear but you'd do we'll to listen and not just dismiss it.

74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 74ng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you, I'd really focus on the basics first, then start to fine tune \ perfect once you get down to ~15% bf.

1. track your daily calories consumed
    2. maintain a calorie deficit (approx. -600 to -800) by eating fewer calories per day and moving / exercising / lifting heavy.
    3. make sure you consume enough protein every day (min 1.2g/lb lean body mass)

If you do these 3 things consistently, you will lose body fat and maintain a very high percentage of your lean muscle mass.
    It will take time! ~12 months.

Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty sure OP isn't going to listen. Shame, considering some people pay for the kind of advice being shared on this forum.

Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Christo1987 View Post
    OP,

I have experience of dropping from 252lbs to 140lbs, with the stretch marks to prove it, and now i'm back up to 183 lb. You're wanting to lose 130lb. I lost 112lb. I have experience of massive weight loss.

I'll say this, people are trying to help you. Either stop being a douche and take heed, or continue being a douche, waste your money, possibly compromise your health. See what I care.

We're not here to ridicule you, we're not here to point and laugh at the fatty. We're trying to help you. I want you to succeed, having done so myself I can tell you it's an awesome feeling. Sure I've got a ways to go to where I want to be, but every day, every workout, and every time you stick to a strict diet, is one step forward.

Protein Powder - That's your call, if you can afford to eat a sh*tload of whole proteins every day, then good for you.

Thermogenics - Your call, but as I said, right now I'd suggest you're wasting your money. You body is well insulated enough at the moment, you'll heat up fast.

HIIT - Go for it and see how you get on, remember HIIT isn't just limited to running. I cycle HIIT, row HIIT and occasionally hit the elliptical HIIT.

Creatine - I'd say is unnecessary when it comes to burning fat. All creatine will do for you is make you retain water weight, and perhaps give you a negligible amount of increased strength. Right now i'd suggest the retained water weight will be disheartening.

BCAAs - I've never taken them as a standalone but the protein brand I use has BCAAs mixed in. I've always used the same brand so I can't comment on any standalone benefit.
    Thank you, that's the most constructive thing anyone has said yet. It didn't occur to me that being heavy to begin with has me at a thermogenic state to being with, in a sense, based on what you said about being insulated. So what you're saying is that the ECA is more necessary once I get to a lower BF% when it gets harder to let go of the last few pounds, and at my percentage it will have a very minor effect?

Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pr1c3rA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pretty sure OP isn't going to listen. Shame, considering some people pay for the kind of advice being shared on this forum.
    Hate to disappoint you. But if you're part of the fitness world, you know that a lot of people give conflicting advice. It's really hard to overcome that. How do I know that YOU guys aren't just more talking heads like the talking heads that say otherwise? And my skepticism becomes pure doubt with all the ridicule and the attack posts that are strewn in between. Not every one of you were on the attack, but you're delusional if you didn't see several of them in this thread.

So, if the six meals a day thing is only beneficial in the sense of hunger control, is there any rule of thumb of when three square meals should be consumed or not consumed? I'll admit, three meals a day will be a lot easier. Six was a complete pain in the ass.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm still just amazed on how you're ignoring the forest for the trees. Everybody here told you the same things- eat less, strength train and be patient. You didn't get fat overnight, so you sure as hell won't get lean overnight. The things you're obsessing about- BCAA's (useless at best since you've hopefully calculated and hit your macros), meal frequency (irrelevant, you have to eat in a pattern that works for you to help you control your hunger), EC/appetite suppressants (terrible idea since you don't even have basics down and you'll never learn to control your appetite)- mean NOTHING.
    Stop posting and debating whether or not some poster is being "constructive" or not. and start doing. Seriously.

Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronnoc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seriously, hats off to the miss for putting up with this guys BS and snide, smartarse remarks.

OP is a *******, posts thread where people take time out of their day / night to help you out as much as they can with weight loss tips and ways to save money on supplements that will do nothing to help you out at this stage (because you are some fat slob) and you give them all shiet.

Wow.

Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    which of you have experience losing weight from 350 lbs. down to 220 lbs. and shedding over 20% body fat? Oh, none of you? Ok, thought so.
    almost 80lbs in 8 months here (about 1 lb shy as of this morning). But, at 325 yourself, evidently you dont have that experience because, if you did, you probably wouldnt be here asking this question so it might be constructive to take the advice of some of the people here who, while not losing as much, have experience losing some.

So, if the six meals a day thing is only beneficial in the sense of hunger control, is there any rule of thumb of when three square meals should be consumed or not consumed? I'll admit, three meals a day will be a lot easier. Six was a complete pain in the ass.
    to answer this question, no there really isnt a rule of thumb. Just whatever is best/most convenient for you. Personally, I have some eggs in the morning, a sandwich or salad at work sometime between 12-2, and dinner about 530-6pm. A scoop or protein after workouts in the evening and some nuts or cheese if I have any calories left to fill in.

You seem to be a very impatient person and I dont necessarily mean that in a bad way, it means you want to find the quickest route from point a to point b. but in losing weight, there really isnt a magic button or ultimate combination of things it just takes commitment, self control and patience. My plan consists of a calorie deficit of what appears by my losses to be between 800-1000 cals/day. I lift 4x/wk, have a protein shake after working out 3-4 of those days. I take 3/4 tsp creatine on weekdays, And a multivitamin and fish oil. (as well as vit C and garlic for immune and sinus stuff).

I dont do cardio and I dont take thermogenics. What both of those really do (when it comes to weight loss anyway) is just increase your calorie deficit. Since I dont want to spend the time/money I just have a lower maintenance calorie level and thus a lower cutting intake than if I would be doing cardio/taking thermogenics.

The 80/20 principle really applies here (and it might be closer to like 90/10 or something but anyway). the vast majority of your progress will come from just simply eating at a deficit and the control of where that comes from will just be a good lifting routine. While there are other things that might speed it up a little, any individual one of those things wont make a huge difference.

jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000) jayte is just really nice. (+1000)
    hi bro. i know a lot about being fat. I started north of 290 lbs and am now 160. If you want, you can click on my profile thing on the left, I have lower belly bloat and stretch marks everywhere.

Your intensity comes from the fact that you're a hard worker. You know that in life, you can do almost anything by busting your ass and pushing as hard as you can. You know that you're better than almost everyone in every way and that once you direct your gaze onto a goal, the goal will be accomplished.

I know this because I am the same way.

This weight thing is totally not like most other things in life, in that consistency and time are where the fight takes place, not really in intensity. I, even after two years of dieting, am still learning this lesson and bust myself with super low calorie days , then binge like crazy and undo a week's worth of work. Them's the digs.

I think you'll be fine, you just need to redirect your efforts from the urge to 'DO DO DO', when 99% of your results are going to be simply coming from 'not eating'. I have days where I get what is likely anxiety, where I want to DO DO DO something for my body, but I'm wrecked from the previous day's gym session, and maybe it's too cold to walk or bike.

The results are worth it. While clothed, to normal people, I look awesome. Like literally fauking fantastic. Like intimidating good. I only look like **** on this site because it's being compared to people who have avi's like those in this thread. The results I describe are yours, but you got to keep at it.

You gonna make it.
    Last edited by jayte; 05-30-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    positive crew

buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'9 bro here who went from 260ish to 150ish.

I'm going to ignore a lot of BAD i have read in this thread, and give some really quick advice.

This weight loss journey is a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long and arduous journey. Pace yourself bro.

Like a marathon runner, they typically will run the first few miles at their slowest pace and save the burst for later. This is like fat loss in my mind....don't overcomplicate it so early. Focus on just eating less and don't start fretting the details until you start hitting plateaus.

For you, the first 5-10 plateaus should be met with just lowering calories.

Once you get under 15% BF or so, thats when you start to pull out the big guns. (Thermos, etc)

You put too much thought and expectations into it this early, you will be burned out in 3 months and be maybe 1 or 2 lbs lighter than if you just did something really simple and put things on cruise control for 12 weeks.

Just my two cents.
    Most Recent Progress Photo thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152062853

brb putting down the fork til 10%

PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50) PoRco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really need to start my own supplement/nutrition company.

It's incredible at how brainwashed everyone is!! (I was one of them)

ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hate to disappoint you. But if you're part of the fitness world, you know that a lot of people give conflicting advice. It's really hard to overcome that. How do I know that YOU guys aren't just more talking heads like the talking heads that say otherwise? And my skepticism becomes pure doubt with all the ridicule and the attack posts that are strewn in between. Not every one of you were on the attack, but you're delusional if you didn't see several of them in this thread.

Just leave then, Mike Chang.

Oh wait you can't be Mike Chang because you're OBESE.

Thanks to the people who have been helpful. I'm starting to document what I eat immediately. I will head to the gym tonight to get through the reps and focus on my form since I've been out of the gym for nearly two months now.

I'll make an effort to prepare my meals on Sunday so I can start eating strict come Monday. I appreciate what everyone has done here, from the condescending prick to the guys who have been in my shoes. The *******s will be my fuel.

You guys have great bodies, no doubt you're doing something right. I wonder how unsatisfied your girl must be in the bedroom for you to be such pricks to a guy that asked for someone's else, not even necessarily YOUR help.

I said I took things to the extreme but how extreme are you for telling me that if I don't buy into your exact regimen and disregard everything else YOU don't think is important, I'll fail?

I learned quite a bit here, and I'm prepared to let go of some of the false preconceptions I had about things and get to work. I intend to use this thread as my transformation thread and I'll be using BodySpace, as long as the rules allow for it.

From this point forward, any flame posts or abuse will be reported. If you have something you think you need to say, go beat your dog instead.

ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisRamos007 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not 50% body fat, there's no chance. I've had skin calipers taken by an actual trainer in the sports medicine department that state university near where I live. The monitor I use is +/- 3%. And you guys can tell me to look at your AVIs all you want, the reality is, which of you have experience losing weight from 350 lbs. down to 220 lbs. and shedding over 20% body fat? Oh, none of you? Ok, thought so.

Sorry for trying to help you. I lost over 20% fat.

Attached Images

ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks to the people who have been helpful. I'm starting to document what I eat immediately. I will head to the gym tonight to get through the reps and focus on my form since I've been out of the gym for nearly two months now.

I'll make an effort to prepare my meals on Sunday so I can start eating strict come Monday. I appreciate what everyone has done here, from the condescending prick to the guys who have been in my shoes. The *******s will be my fuel.

You guys have great bodies, no doubt you're doing something right. I wonder how unsatisfied your girl must be in the bedroom for you to be such pricks to a guy that asked for someone's else, not even necessarily YOUR help.

I said I took things to the extreme but how extreme are you for telling me that if I don't buy into your exact regimen and disregard everything else YOU don't think is important, I'll fail?

I learned quite a bit here, and I'm prepared to let go of some of the false preconceptions I had about things and get to work. I intend to use this thread as my transformation thread and I'll be using BodySpace, as long as the rules allow for it.

From this point forward, any flame posts or abuse will be reported. If you have something you think you need to say, go beat your dog instead.

At least I could satisfy my woman, bub.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Easy, fellas. OP's gonna do what OP wants to do. But honestly OP, you'd be crazy not listening to ChrisRamos007. That's an amazing transformation, man. He's been in your shoes and applied the basics. And guess what? That's what happens. Nothing fancy.

Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Christo1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Imagine fat loss as a map. You're at point A, you want to get to point B. There are hundreds of different roads, some cross one another, others don't, but they all lead to the same destination, one way or another.

The point I'm making is, there is no one "regimen" to achieve what you want to achieve, BUT in order to make the journey, you need a vehicle. In this case, your vehicle is good exercise, good form, a good calorific deficit, patience and determination. Without the vehicle, you won't make it far. I think this is the point people are trying to reinforce here, rather than suggesting you subscribe religiously to one strict regimen.

Also, on the vehicle analogy, get used to working out as you are, get the basics, build some strength and endurance, then start thinking about "modding" the vehicle, I.E supplements.

Dude disappoint away, I want you to prove me wrong.

Thank you, that's the most constructive thing anyone has said yet. It didn't occur to me that being heavy to begin with has me at a thermogenic state to being with, in a sense, based on what you said about being insulated. So what you're saying is that the ECA is more necessary once I get to a lower BF% when it gets harder to let go of the last few pounds, and at my percentage it will have a very minor effect?
    And sorry for the double post, but yeah, this is pretty much what I'm saying. Thermogenics help with that last 10lbs or so.

And sorry for the double post, but yeah, this is pretty much what I'm saying. Thermogenics help with that last 10lbs or so.
    I appreciate what you're trying to do. There are some people here whose attitudes have changed a little as the thread goes on. I realize that goes guys we're just trying give tough love.

However, a couple people haven't and it's clear who the cancerous degenerates are.

And my wife is incredibly satisfied, bro. You can't hide a cleanup on aisle Y. I am perfectly confident where I am. Just imagine how good life is going to be when I get to where I want to be.

Oh and someone mentioned this taking a year, I'm not that confident. I feel like I have 2 years of work ahead of me and I hope by that time that my lifestyle has changed so dramatically for the better, that I can sustain it forever.

I tell you what I won't do though, I will never ever crush a person that comes to me for help. If I don't agree with where there head is at, I'll simply keep my mouth shut, because I have way too much stuff going great in my life besides this, I wouldn't have time for that guy. I'm disappointed to see that you do have time to flame and berate that guy.

Cool bro. Hey a question fo joo

Since you're so enlightened on fitness why are you 500 lbs?

Originally Posted by ChrisVigor View Post
    Cool bro. Hey a question fo joo

Since you're so enlightened on fitness why are you 500 lbs?
    That wasn't my weight, bro. That was almost my squat. How much do you squat?

I've never been antagonized by a male nurse before. It's an interesting feeling.
    Last edited by Pr1c3rA; 05-30-2014 at 08:03 PM.

I had a good workout at the gym tonight. The decline crunches I get actually made me fairly nauseous, and I can't shake it, so I'm going to get to bed. When I have time tomorrow, after work, I'll post what I'm doing and see if a couple of you guys have some insight on whole-body routines that will engage the most muscles possible to increase my burn.

My diet today was on the junky side, but calories were better than they usually are. I have a Spicy Chicken Biscuit from Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, a 12" Chicken Sub on Wheat from Subway with spinach, avocado, and some sweet onion for lunch, and for dinner I had 10 spears of Asparagus and about 10 oz. of baked chicken breast for dinner. I had bad cravings for sugar throughout the day, so I had a Strawberry Powerade Zero to see if it would kick it. It did help a little. I did not drink nearly enough water, only like 64 oz.

To reflect on the day, my biggest setback was not having breakfast prepared. Subway probably is better than most fast food, but all that bread is so calorie dense. I have one more day of work before I get a day off, so when I do, I'm going to crockpot a bag of chicken with some spices and hard boil some eggs to gnaw on throughout the week.

In addition to trying to eat 1.5g of Protein per kilogram of lean body weight, is there an ideal amount of Fat and Carb to shoot for? I know good, heart-healthy fats like nuts are a good source of monounsaturated fats. I know to avoid trans fat because it was ZERO health benefit whatsoever. I read that Saturated Fat can cause hormonal responses that are good for either fat loss or muscle building. Straighten me out on all of this, please.
    Highest weight ever: 345 lbs.
    Highest body fat %: 44%

That wasn't my weight, bro. That was almost my squat. How much do you squat?

I've never been antagonized by a male nurse before. It's an interesting feeling.
    Are you sure that isn't the # of donuts you eat in a week?

315, but you're like 4x my body weight hehe

You will fail bub.

I had a good workout at the gym tonight. The decline crunches I get actually made me fairly nauseous, and I can't shake it, so I'm going to get to bed. When I have time tomorrow, after work, I'll post what I'm doing and see if a couple of you guys have some insight on whole-body routines that will engage the most muscles possible to increase my burn.

My diet today was on the junky side, but calories were better than they usually are. I have a Spicy Chicken Biscuit from Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, a 12" Chicken Sub on Wheat from Subway with spinach, avocado, and some sweet onion for lunch, and for dinner I had 10 spears of Asparagus and about 10 oz. of baked chicken breast for dinner. I had bad cravings for sugar throughout the day, so I had a Strawberry Powerade Zero to see if it would kick it. It did help a little. I did not drink nearly enough water, only like 64 oz.

To reflect on the day, my biggest setback was not having breakfast prepared. Subway probably is better than most fast food, but all that bread is so calorie dense. I have one more day of work before I get a day off, so when I do, I'm going to crockpot a bag of chicken with some spices and hard boil some eggs to gnaw on throughout the week.

In addition to trying to eat 1.5g of Protein per kilogram of lean body weight, is there an ideal amount of Fat and Carb to shoot for? I know good, heart-healthy fats like nuts are a good source of monounsaturated fats. I know to avoid trans fat because it was ZERO health benefit whatsoever. I read that Saturated Fat can cause hormonal responses that are good for either fat loss or muscle building. Straighten me out on all of this, please.
    Personally I think 1.5g/kg of LBM is a little low, I shoot for 1-1.2g per lb of total body weight.

You macro ratio should be something like 40/30/30 as percentages. That's carbs/protein/fat. Personally I eat 35/35/30 because I don't get on well with too many carbs, but too little leaves me feeling like sh*t. Also, make the carbs good low GI carbs, brown rice, oats, wholewheat bread, sweet potatoes, that kind of thing. I don't even eat high GI carbs post-workout, because the low GI do exactly the same thing in my book.

Monounsaturated fat = gold dust. Seriously. I struggled to find a decent healthy fat source, whereby the other nutrients fit in with my macros, so my solution, is to just add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to my protein shakes. It's like 90% Monounsaturated fat. It's also good for keeping the joints healthy.

I've heard coconut oil is incredible too, however, I live in the UK. We don't really have a huge selection of different types of food.

Cholesterol is the main building block of testosterone - but dietary cholesterol accounts for something like 10% of total cholesterol, so as far as saturated fats go, maybe 10% of my fat intake is saturated. But it's really not that big of a deal.

The only trans fat that has a health benefit I know of, is CLA, and it's near impossible to get enough from your diet.

Testosterone does have a huge impact on fat loss and muscle building, therefore a key part of changing your body composition. Personally, the best thing you can do to boost your T, imo, is big compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, bench presses etc. As a bonus, these also activate more muscles which = more calorie burning = more fat loss.

As you lose more body fat, your testosterone will increase too. There's a direct correlation between body fat % and low testosterone.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by theunsunghero View Post
    Pr1c3rA did you consider that we may be concerned for your wellbeing? That maybe just maybe we want you to be the best you you can possibly be?

You should realize that the responses you received are good advice but it sounds like you just want us to throw some names your way.

Try Snydedrex which I would never normally recommend but since your Mr. Extreme it might not matter… Just don’t let me read about you in the obituary because you decided to eat a handful of capsules. If you feel like grinding your teeth down to your gums and the feeling of your heart beating 1000 beats per minute than try it.

Twin Labs Ripped Fuel is what I would recommend but given the extreme personality you claim to have it may be a waste. I’ve used it for 6 weeks and it did help suppress my appetite and gave me the energy to finish my workouts with my calorie deficit. I saw good resluts but it may have been due to my diet and workouts.

There’s really a mixed school of thought about glutamine and bcaas. People will throw all kinds of studies your way. You’re going to hear glutamine is a waste of money. I don’t take it so I don’t worry about it.

I will take free form amino acids. Again a little controversial but there seems to be census that taking bcaa during a time of fasting before or during your workout or between meals may help. Seems to help me with recovery but could just be a placebo effect. Amino acids may help stimulate protein synthesis and I’m all for keeping nitrogen balance positive.

Again with your fat percentage following a good diet and workout plan should give you results and possibly even the extreme results you’re looking for. Just trying to point out that taking thermogenics may not necessarily benefit you anymore than those two things at this point.
    Honestly i took bcaas before and they definitely helped but this time I dont notice anything. What i think is different this time is I may have been deficent last time but not this time.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

Originally Posted by ChrisVigor View Post
    Are you sure that isn't the # of donuts you eat in a week?

315, but you're like 4x my body weight hehe

You will fail bub.
    When I get to 225, I'll still squat more than you, significantly. I believe there is always a reason people overeat. I'm not exactly sure what mine was, except that maybe I'm a endorphin or dopamine addict. I'm also a borderline sex addict, which leads me to believe that I was also addicted to the good feeling that eating junk gave me. Maybe there is some deep reason for even that, but I don't know what it is.

@ Christo I appreciate everything you've done here. You've been extremely helpful. I was thinking the same thing about the big compound lifts like squats, bench, overhead, deads, rows, etc. I also do chin ups (with assistance, of course, to start with). I do take a TBSP of coconut oil in my coffee in the morning with Stevia sweetener. I have flax seed, but I find it hard to choke that **** down.

Sex addict hahahah but you can't even see your dick buddy.

Keep dreaming skipper, keep giving excuses, keep up the Napoleon complex, stay mad and fat brah maybe one day I'll take your wife or daughter out.

When I get to 225, I'll still squat more than you, significantly. I believe there is always a reason people overeat. I'm not exactly sure what mine was, except that maybe I'm a endorphin or dopamine addict. I'm also a borderline sex addict, which leads me to believe that I was also addicted to the good feeling that eating junk gave me. Maybe there is some deep reason for even that, but I don't know what it is.

@ Christo I appreciate everything you've done here. You've been extremely helpful. I was thinking the same thing about the big compound lifts like squats, bench, overhead, deads, rows, etc. I also do chin ups (with assistance, of course, to start with). I do take a TBSP of coconut oil in my coffee in the morning with Stevia sweetener. I have flax seed, but I find it hard to choke that **** down.
    Know what else releases that sweet dopamine and endorphins? Training like a f*cking tank You'll do just fine. It's a healthy addiction, when you get your fix from a healthy source . If I skip training I get real moody. I injured my shoulder a couple months ago and sat out for a couple weeks, I got so p*ssed off.

Glad you're finding it helpful - I'm just trying to help a brah out. It's a long and arduous journey, but hopefully like me a few weeks in you'll grow to love it.

Know what else releases that sweet dopamine and endorphins? Training like a f*cking tank You'll do just fine. It's a healthy addiction, when you get your fix from a healthy source . If I skip training I get real moody. I injured my shoulder a couple months ago and sat out for a couple weeks, I got so p*ssed off.

Glad you're finding it helpful - I'm just trying to help a brah out. It's a long and arduous journey, but hopefully like me a few weeks in you'll grow to love it.
    When I was doing Stronglifts 5x5 religiously, I had that feeling. This was back before I got my promotion and was working less hours though. I hope it gives me the same feeling this time around, with all the extra hours.

Do you think StrongLifts is an adequate training program for me? It's meant for strength gains, but it's whole body and it's very convenient with the time I have available. I know this is another guy who is trying to promote his inner circle, but I've found personally that the incremental whole body lifting thing works. You and I both know that he didn't pilot this program, though, he simply took pieces of it from a bunch of other guys and put it out there. He even admits that it's not his own creation. I can get in and out of the gym in less than an hour. If you're not familiar with the program, it goes like this:

Monday - 5 sets of 5 - Squat
    5 sets of 5 - Bench Press
    5 sets of 5 - Pendlay Rows (Bent over Rows)

Tuesday - Cardio - 30-45 minutes - I prefer the elliptical because I can get my heart rate up and keep it up without bashing the **** out of my knees.

Wedneday - 5 sets of 5 - Squat
    5 sets of 5 - Overhead Press
    1 sets of 5 - Deadlift

Thursday - Cardio, same as Tuesday. I might change it up on the machine, but I hate to torture my knees with all of the squatting.

Friday - 5 sets of 5 - Squat
    5 sets of 5 - Bench Press
    5 sets of 5 - Pendlay Rows (Bent over Rows)

There are also some reverse crunches, and Chin Ups, and Calf Raises in there, I forget whether they fall into the A or B routine, I'll have to dig out my spreadsheets.

That leaves weekends to do some light active stuff like maybe play from flag football, basketball, go swimming, go for a walk with my girls or maybe just lay around a little bit if I need the recovery.

I have really good gains on this program and it was how I shed about 10% body fat at one point. But shedding from 44% to 35% is a lot easier, I imagine because there is so much to shed.

What do you think about something like this with cardio?