guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guymontague282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can a trainer tell me if this workout will work?

School is going end soon and summer break is coming up. I plan to workout and gain muscle AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I mean I will go ****ing ape **** EVERYDAY if I have to.

The compound workout routine that I saw was:

- Monday - chest and triceps
    - Tuesday - legs and abs
    - Wednesday - rest
    - Thursday - back and biceps
    - Friday - shoulders,traps, and abs
    - Saturday and Sunday - rest

Since I want as much gains as possible, I plan to switch this routine up and instead workout Monday - Thursday and take a rest on Friday. Then I'll do Saturday - Tuesday with a rest on Wednesday. I'll keep continuing this until school starts. I want to know if this is good thing to do or if I should stick to the one given.

I got the workout from Muscle and Strength. Just Google Compound Exercises Only Workout. If anyone has a better suggestion for me, let me know.

MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is nothing wrong with the split you've posted. There is pretty much no "right" or "wrong" way to split up your muscle groups. Some guys do your tried and true back&bis, chest&tris etc. But you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Assuming you're new to the gym, almost anything you do will give you results (in varying degrees). My advice is: don't go too hard too fast but instead work your way into it. The last thing you want to do is go balls to the wall and end up injuring yourself. Start with a higher rep range for your exercises (12-15) and work your way down (8-12) every 4 weeks over your summer break. This will give you joints and muscles time to adapt to the extra load you place under them.

Muscle gains are a marathon, not a sprint. Train smart and listen to your body. Make sure you're eating plenty (a whole other issue)

ALSO, go for compound movements. If you hit the gym and only do isolation exercises you will build superficial strength.

good luck
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not really, it's pretty dumb.

mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will preface this without knowing anything but your age which likely correlates to your training history. Stick to a 3 day a week program focused on the Big three lifts, master those, pursue linear progression week to week during the summer months. There is no need for a complicated split such as is proposed. The basic lifts will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of growth. Master these first before throwing in a bunch of useless aesthetic exercises that are just going to give you a pump but not dense muscle which at such a young age should be your focus. My .02 and while everyone has their own program or opine I would say don't be afraid to experiment and find out what your body will respond to. Best of Luck....and Stay JETTSETT
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness
    www.********.com/jettsettfitness
    Pintrest: jettsettfitness
    jettsettfitness@gmail.com

If your WHY is BIG enough the HOW won't be as important!!
    PMA = Postive mental attitude.....don't leave home without it!!

Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mma_fiend View Post
    I will preface this without knowing anything but your age which likely correlates to your training history. Stick to a 3 day a week program focused on the Big three lifts, master those, pursue linear progression week to week during the summer months. There is no need for a complicated split such as is proposed. The basic lifts will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of growth. Master these first before throwing in a bunch of useless aesthetic exercises that are just going to give you a pump but not dense muscle which at such a young age should be your focus. My .02 and while everyone has their own program or opine I would say don't be afraid to experiment and find out what your body will respond to. Best of Luck....and Stay JETTSETT
    Ahhh…..to be young again. I got my biggest gains from a three day a week program that did just that…focused on the big three (except where I started the big three were: Bench, Squat, and Power Cleans instead of deads) My workouts were bench, squat, power clean, rows, and overhead press. That was pretty much it.

Then I got a copy of Muscle and Fitness and screwed it all up by doing a 6 day body part split with so many isolation movements. I didn't have the solid foundation that this approach requires.

Now if I only had a time machine.

Seriously, OP- focus on the basics. Push, pull, hinge, squat, lunge.
    NASM-MMACS
    ISSA-CFT, SFN, SET
    HKC

✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪
    mWo

Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulkatti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stick to a 3 day a week, full body, and compound movement oriented routine. Once you build up a foundation of strength you'll have more options and experience as an intermediate or advanced lifter. I see far too many kids focusing on absolutely pointless exercises. If you can't strict overhead press press your bodyweight then, as far as I'm concerned, you have no business doing front raises to hit the anterior delts. You have no delts to begin with. If you can't bench 1.5x your bodyweight then you have no business doing incline chest flys. You have no chest to begin with. Focus on the basics and leave the light accessory work for after your main lifts. Also, even if you are a beginner, eating well and using a great program, you aren't going to explode in 2 1/2 months over the course of the summer. You have to put in the effort over an extended period of time. Be consistent and train smart.
    -Manlet amongst manlets.

540/375/610 LBS Raw w/o Wraps
    OHP 265 LBS
    @198 LBS

MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    solid advice in this thread. Put down the glossy magazines and take note, OP.

GL
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."