lhrussll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Straight leg calf raises bad for knee joint????

Okay so my gym is not very big and for calf training I'm pretty much restricted to calf raises on a leg press machine or standing CRs with free weights. I've always found the leg press to be better because it allows you to get the calf stretch at the bottom which you can't if you're standing on the floor with free weights. However, I've always made sure to have a slight bend in the knees when doing these seated leg press CRs because everything I've ever read goes against having all that pressure going through locked out knees. I see a lot of people doing it with locked knees and it looks easier because there's no quad involvement. Anyone know if it is actually bad for the knees when locked out?

Grind Hard. Stay Humble. beardb's Avatar
    beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, it doesn't seem to matter if my knees aren't locked out, whenever I do any kind of volume and frequency with calf raises my knees always start to hurt after a week or two. Sorry I can't provide any educated details, but I wanted to share with you my experiences.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I keep a slight bend in my knees when I do calf presses.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    I keep a slight bend in my knees when I do calf presses.
    Same here. I don't link locking and/or hyperextending with any movement.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.