jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Competition makeup for tattoos

Hey ladies! (and gents, if you're peeking in)

I am going to be competing in my first bikini show in October, and while I am still quite a ways out, I am already thinking about makeup, tanning, and all of those fun things.

I have some fairly large tattoos that my coach insists I cover, and he said that they make makeup specifically for that.

My questions are;

- Have any of you used a product made for covering tattoos, and if so, what kind did you use? Did it work?
    - Do you need to apply the makeup before the spray tan, or find a color to match and use it after the tan?

Any tips you guys have would be great!

Jocelyn
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you need to? The shows I've watched the ladies had tattoos. And I wasn't intending to cover mine (which are also large).
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToyRoxYrSox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have some scars and do used to do makeup. CoverFx (Sephora) has the best range of colors, good for face, but you won't get a lot for what you need. Same goes for MAC Full Coverage (ONLY sold in MacPro locations, so call ahead. All of California fyi ONLY has TWO MacPro locations, not sure if there will be one in CO). I'd say you'd be best with:
    Dermablend Cover Cream, small opaque cream in jar (use on face OR body)
    or Dermablend - Leg and Body, paste-like product in a very large tube. (use on body only to avoid breakouts)

both are awesome for coverage!! They have a pinkish, reddish undertone which helps neutralize the blue-black in tattoo outlines and shading, so u don't need a special primer. Available at Ulta and some Sephora locations. I don't compete, but I'd imagine u'd spray tan 1st..? Key is to apply in layers, not one thick go (same idea as nail polish -- you do 2-3 thin coats, not one thick one . So same thing here: makeup layer, setting powder... makeup, setting powder... until desired coverage is achieved.

Then spray with a setting spray. Urban Decay makes the best ones (cooling, original, all night, anti-shine). The All Nighter comes in a trial/travel size I think.

MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Makeup is not really necessary. But if you are set, I hear Kat Von D cover is really good. I have Kryolan Dermablend and Bill Nye from modeling, they all work well and require powder setting, but the skin texture is not normal with makeup (these are all pro, you can get them at a theatrical supply). I would just show them, I have nearly full sleeve and other large tats, MOST girls at my show had visible tats.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For NPC, from the head judge:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3N97TRVp4

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't advise makeup to try to cover them up. You want to go with the normal tan/color you plan on using and leave it at that.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unless the tattoos are so large that it distracts from the definition of your cuts, I think its a positive and can accentuate your figure and look.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PitBullPretty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ooooook I have about 50 hours worth of tattoos, with 23 of them on my chest. So I covered my chest, and I covered my shoulder...reason being, in photos it affected my symmetry. Being darker it made that shoulder look smaller. Everyone is SHOCKED at how they disappear on stage, but you have to be DARK. I use the Jan Tana Hi Def and matching tattoo cover. Understand that the tattoo cover matches but only if you use about 4-5 coats of the Hi Def, which is not a bad thing. It is impossible to be too dark. It does NOT match the Ultra 1 color as advertised. It is extremely easy to apply.
    If your tattoos are large, COVER THEM. I let the small ones be. This is pageantry as much as it is about showing all your hard work in the gym. If it comes down to you and one other girl, and you are equally qualified for the same trophy, guess who they're going to pick? The one that doesn't look like she just did some hard time.
    I understand times are changing and tattoos are more commonplace, but if you have big pieces do yourself a favor and make an attempt to only stand out in a GOOD way. In my height class at Emerald Cup there was a girl that should have placed 5th and gotten a trophy, but a girl with one tattoo, which she covered, took that trophy and had NO business beating the girl with umpteen big tattoos and short red hair. That's the nature of the beast. You can take your chances, but if it were me, and it has been, I would give myself every available opportunity to take home the hardware. I am a completely different person on stage...I bounce out there with my big ass hair, caked-on make up, gaudy jewelry, and just puke sunshine. It's totally NOT "me," but they eat that **** up.

Below are some photos of me with my tattoos, and with them covered. I think the difference is pretty profound.

GOOD LUCK and feel free to pm me if you have any technical questions about turning yourself into a different person lol.
    Attached Images

catdance62 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catdance62 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catdance62 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catdance62 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to express my appreciation to PitBullPretty for posting the info and pics of her before and after makeup. I am wanting to compete in the Masters Division in a local show next year (I am 52 and in very good shape already) and I am HEAVILY tattooed (Been in the tattoo biz for almost 30 years). I know I will have to hire a makeup artist to do the tattoo coverage for me and get sprayed very dark, but I figure the only way to see how well I do on stage.....is to just DO IT!

Bentmarton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi I will be having my first show in December and have a few tattoos I would like to cover up, I really appreciate the pictures you linked! I just had a couple questions, do you do the tan before and then put on the makeup? Also, I’m completely new to this so I could be wrong but don’t they put a gloss coat over you before stage? Will that affect the makeup?