Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherofpWally View Post
    How do you deal with KMP and those K-1's? I bought KMR/KMI.
    Accountant takes care of it.

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can i have 5k? srs

SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkippedLegDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you make $100k PROFIT over the past few months or do you mean you did $100k in trades. $100k in profit would be crazy but I'd figure you'd need a lot of money to get those returns.

MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SkippedLegDay View Post
    The "average financial advisor down the street" isn't able to beat the market, especially when fees are considered. If he could he wouldn't be the average financial advisor down the street but instead he'd be managing tens of billions of dollars. A lot of those guys managing billions of markets don't consistently beat the market either.

That's all I'm saying. Not trying to get into a pissing match.

This is my standard response to people I meet who want a quick and easy and way to beat the market. By DEFINITION you must know something that those advisors don't know.
    People in general say they want to beat the market, but in the end, clients don't leave advisors for not beating the market. They leave advisors for underperforming down markets.

The run of the mill advisor is going to do a fine job and will also be constantly fed new industry information that the average DIY investor will not. I kind of equate it to changing your own oil vs having it done (or the lawn or whatever). You can save fees, and you might be able to do it well, but you generally won't be as adept as someone who does it professionally, etc. You might outperform an advisor, and you might not, but using a professional advisor has its merits. Also, keep in mind that the "average advisor" may underperform the market because his client base fits into a demographic that isn't representative of a growth strategy.
    MFC

drum, it holds fifty, uh

stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stevedm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SkippedLegDay View Post
    Did you make $100k PROFIT over the past few months or do you mean you did $100k in trades. $100k in profit would be crazy but I'd figure you'd need a lot of money to get those returns.
    Sorry, might not have been clear. That 100K is money transfered into this particular account to buy stocks. As far as I'm concerned I have never made 1c of profit. All my stocks are dividend stocks. i dont own any for pure increase in valuation. Any and all dividends are auto reinvested. So stocks increase(or decrease) dividends show up as increasing stock numbers but i never make a cent. Did I make that more clear? Same with REITs, index funds and mutual funds. All reinvested as more stock without me seeing 1c of profit. As far as my accountant last year saw I made nothing off stocks....except mlps which are taxed at...i think 15%? someone can correct me if Im wrong on that #.

ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Which reasonably priced stocks would you recommend a noobie to invest in and why?

AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroidBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    reply to pm op

Originally Posted by ArCaNe66 View Post
    Which reasonably priced stocks would you recommend a noobie to invest in and why?
    I am by no means a stock picker. prob way more qualified people on here than me. Pick something safe, predicted to go up over the next 12 mos. has a good dividend. Long track record of success, stable brand, increasing market share in advancing countries. Little debt. and make sure you know something about the products. I would have said KO (coke) before but it spiked a while ago and is up like 8% recently. maybe overbought and will pull back a bit. Who knows. I own KO but will not be buying more anytime soon.

I dont buy to make $, I buy for long term gain. Others on here will be better at picking $ makers than me....they should feel free to chime in.

Mile High Fap Crew TheeBadgertron's Avatar
    TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeBadgertron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im looking for 3 medium to high risk stocks that you are expecting to grow dramatically in the next 3-5years

k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50) k589 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2k GE Shares

Originally Posted by TheeBadgertron View Post
    Im looking for 3 medium to high risk stocks that you are expecting to grow dramatically in the next 3-5years
    no idea. ebay is rated a strong buy by most with a price target north of $61 (currently $51ish?). I would never buy because its not a dividend stock but maybe a good bet for pure increase in $. Anyone else have an opinion?

if one share goes up by $10 you would have to buy a lot to make any kind of money...say 5-10K profit = big $ upfront). most would not have that kind of capitol to invest in one stock....and if they did would not be asking me for my opinion lol.

Sorry I dont do that kind of investing...well maube a bit with mlps. look them up. Several already mentioned in this thread.

how a person invests depends on what they want...$, growth, etc. When they want it by(age). How much they make, tax bracket, etc. Very complex. I would never be able to pick a position for someone else who does not want the same thing that i do. some like telecommunications, some oil and gas, some consumer staples, some reits, etc. I would tell almost everyone to start with index fund or mutual funds.
    Last edited by stevedm; 05-22-2014 at 04:55 PM.

PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    who's mirin

in on thread tho

currently learning about forex since it seems like wall street always has the upper hand when speculating stocks...
    Last edited by PovertyNWizdom; 05-22-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    stuck in the ruby classic era

PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PovertyNWizdom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by stevedm View Post
    no idea. ebay is rated a strong buy by most with a price target north of $61 (currently $51ish?). I would never buy because its not a dividend stock but maybe a good bet for pure increase in $. Anyone else have an opinion?

if one share goes up by $10 you would have to buy a lot to make any kind of money...say 5-10K profit = big $ upfront). most would not have that kind of capitol to invest in one stock....and if they did would not be asking me for my opinion lol.

Sorry I dont do that kind of investing...well maube a bit with mlps. look them up. Several already mentioned in this thread.

how a person invests depends on what they want...$, growth, etc. When they want it by(age). How much they make, tax bracket, etc. Very complex. I would never be able to pick a position for someone else who does not want the same thing that i do. some like telecommunications, some oil and gas, some consumer staples, some reits, etc. I would tell almost everyone to start with index fund or mutual funds.
    i'd wait a bit before investing in ebay... they just got hacked. Wait for the news to calm down and then it should be a good buying opportunity assuming massive amounts of customers didnt leave.

anonymous
    Good question. Where to put it is the magical ?. I don't want to make any cash per say...just have money grow untouched...so I pick large stable companies with large dividends and potential for growth. Even if the price goes down a bit, my dividends will keep growing and likely outpace.

How much? We'll I buy a minimum of 100 shares....so like chevron at $124 a share that's 12.5k. That to me is a good start in any one fund. I have exposure to about 20-25 stocks at one time not including mutual funds which obviously have many more.
    these have an inverse relationship

Originally Posted by PovertyNWizdom View Post
    i'd wait a bit before investing in ebay... they just got hacked. Wait for the news to calm down and then it should be a good buying opportunity assuming massive amounts of customers didnt leave.
    yeah, happened tues or wed. Stock didnt seem to do anything. Not sure if there will be any fallout.

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
    these have an inverse relationship
    Sorry...growth in developing or advancing countries. Thats where growth takes place for some of these consumer staples right now. Not here. I agree.

Thats why GE is said to be a good stock right now because they have positioned themselves well in these places, more so than their peers.

Just my opinion of course. Feel free to disagree. I'm up to learn stuff.

liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when to sell? I'm no expert, but I'm coming up on one year since I first started investing in stocks, and have enjoyed a return of around 12%. that's including ETFs and mutual funds as well.

If I get the feeling a company is gonna go down, I'll sell, but sometimes I'm not sure. Recently, I had to sell some stocks to free up some cash, and I just didn't know what to sell. One stock I'm thinking of in particular is Express (clothing). It went up briefly after I bought it, but now I'm down 30% on it. Got any rules of thumb on when to ditch?
    | MISC KNEEDRAGGER |

Originally Posted by liquorisquicker View Post
    when to sell? I'm no expert, but I'm coming up on one year since I first started investing in stocks, and have enjoyed a return of around 12%. that's including ETFs and mutual funds as well.

If I get the feeling a company is gonna go down, I'll sell, but sometimes I'm not sure. Recently, I had to sell some stocks to free up some cash, and I just didn't know what to sell. One stock I'm thinking of in particular is Express (clothing). It went up briefly after I bought it, but now I'm down 30% on it. Got any rules of thumb on when to ditch?
    honestly I dont. maybe someone else does. I have several stocks that are up big....kinds makes me want to sell them and wait for them to fall to re-buy. My issue is I dont want any income because I'm taxed so high so i never sell. if I was to sell anything I would sell a loser or an even stock and buy a different one, never gaining a 1c. There are lots of estimates to go buy. target prices...reached it? is the stock over or under bought? etc. what were your goals when you bought it? have you reached those? exceeded?

yeah, happened tues or wed. Stock didnt seem to do anything. Not sure if there will be any fallout.
    i havent really been following the story but to my knowledge little information has been given regarding how much information was stolen.

buy a put lmao

anonymous
    Sorry...growth in developing or advancing countries. Thats where growth takes place for some of these consumer staples right now. Not here. I agree.

Thats why GE is said to be a good stock right now because they have positioned themselves well in these places, more so than their peers.

Just my opinion of course. Feel free to disagree. I'm up to learn stuff.
    I am getting into more theory than specific situation stuff, but a large dividend can tend to imply lower future growth. Large dividends can be taken as a signal that the company does not have very many opportunities to reinvest their earnings in projects that will grow their earnings in the future, so they pay their earnings out to owners instead.

I can;t comment on GE itself because I haven't done any research on them

Originally Posted by liquorisquicker View Post

im no expert but they have an earnings coming up (May 29).

*****://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=EXPR

analysts all have hold-strong buy so you might as well hold on to it and see the aftermath of the earnings date. Also their P/E is fairly low atm so i personally would hold onto it.

OP what website do you use to get analyst opinions regarding recommendations such as buy, hold, sell?

Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
    I am getting into more theory than specific situation stuff, but a large dividend can tend to imply lower future growth. Large dividends can be taken as a signal that the company does not have very many opportunities to reinvest their earnings in projects that will grow their earnings in the future, so they pay their earnings out to owners instead.

I can;t comment on GE itself because I haven't done any research on them
    yeah very true. Lots to analyze. How much of the profit goes into the dividend? How much is invested in research and infrastructure? What is their debt and the interest from that that is eroding the company worth? what does the company itself invest in....you know they dont keep a bollion dollars lying around, they want to make money off that too. etc etc.

Keep in mind most of these companies I have...have dividends in the 2.5-3.5% in the consumer staples and that is a great dividend and not too large. these high dividend companies I am a little unsure about.Like verizon and att. i have VZ but am a little leary of the big dividend they give.

Originally Posted by TheeBadgertron View Post
    check out DDD (3D printing company)

jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000) jkh25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If there's one thing you can look at to decide whether you invest in a company and only one, what would it be? Can't be something like cash flow statement, only 1 very particular thing. For example cash from operating activities could be it, but you're not privy to the entire statement. nomsayin?

Assume every company has 4% div yield so that doesn't factor in to it at all.

^ There was just a huge bubble for 3D printing and it's now out of trend. One thing is for sure with certain sector bubbles, once they disappear, they don't come back for a while.
    **Swole Sports Nutrition Representative**

Check us out on BB.com:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/swole-sports-nutrition.html

walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000) walz is just really nice. (+1000)
    do you do any of your own valuations? or is it safe enough to just go with analyst recommendations... i assume alot of banks have different methodologies in the way they valuate companies

britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000) britdevine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherofpWally View Post
    How do you deal with KMP and those K-1's? I bought KMR/KMI.
    IRA, no care, Re-invest all dividends

anonymous
    Originally Posted by jkh25 View Post
    If there's one thing you can look at to decide whether you invest in a company and only one, what would it be? Can't be something like cash flow statement, only 1 very particular thing. For example cash from operating activities could be it, but you're not privy to the entire statement. nomsayin?

Assume every company has 4% div yield so that doesn't factor in to it at all.

^ There was just a huge bubble for 3D printing and it's now out of trend. One thing is for sure with certain sector bubbles, once they disappear, they don't come back for a while.
    manager's D&A from the company's 10k

LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LaxinAround is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personal...buy for dividends and yield where possible.

Anyone else invest?
    ...you know there's a trading and investing thread, right? Currently on thread 7.

KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000) KnockoutXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ravenmin View Post
    I have a little under 70k in the market.

Spread across various mid-large cap companies. I'm thinking of pulling out soon and holding more cash, can't help but feel like we are in a bubble. what do you think?

I just recently bought real estate to diversify, actually made a thread about it.

Having come out of ground zero (Silicon Valley), I'd say this is the case.

I'm buying silver, a little index investing, and biding my time till it crashes and I can buy low.
    5.0 crew
    Cope crew
    C#/C++ developer
    UX consultant (css3/javascript/wireframer)

Free YBD
    Free hat

Registered Snapchat King squeak419's Avatar
    squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Beef or Chicken Stock?

Imma chicken man...