Iyzak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

right above elbow killing me aftrer bench today

edit: im only 25 not 44 like it says lol it's not hurting bc of age

i've been working out for years and this is the 1st time this has happened.
    the pain is right above my elbow ,immediately above it, and below the tricep
    i know my form is good, i have done power lifting thru high school and now venturing into bulking and getting bigger
    i warmed up with 135 then to 185 then to 225 giving myself a nice 2-3 min rest between b/c im still working on exploding when going up
    work out started at 275 which i felt fine then when i went to 315 that part of my arm started killing me and i could only complete the lift 5 times normally a set of 8

my weekly routine consist of:
    mon. chest and tris
    tues. back and bis
    wens. shoulders and traps
    thrusday rest every other week legs
    friday i start over the routine

i know i don't work out my legs much i have bad knees after the marine corp so i don't want to hurt them further since i don't get free medical now
    side note: not blaming it on the marine corps and not bashing it anyway i would never, i pushed myself alittle harder then i probably should of :/

anywho any help would be helpful im going to give it a 72-96 hour rest and start my routine over after this rest period

Thanks,
    Matthew

matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got it from getting too aggressive with with curls... maybe just in general. Essentially developing fluid on the elbow. Took about 3 weeks to go away.

thanks very much matches, hopefully thats not it, i actualy recently dropped my curl weight to control it more, i noticed i was using the wrong muscle to curl so i dropped weight and retraining myself to do it properly.
    hopefully thats not it i literally don't do anything else atm except go to the gym so my day is going to be boring lol

kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Iyzak View Post
    thanks very much matches, hopefully thats not it, i actualy recently dropped my curl weight to control it more, i noticed i was using the wrong muscle to curl so i dropped weight and retraining myself to do it properly.
    hopefully thats not it i literally don't do anything else atm except go to the gym so my day is going to be boring lol
    Considering that this is what you just changed, this is probably the problem. Maybe you should be doing less then what you all ready dropped, just to get your muscles used to this new form. Your fourarm, bicep and triceps might be tight, you should take some time to stretch them out.
    I have to say this just because I see this all the time, even with experienced lifters. When bench pressing your humerus should not be 90 degree's to your body, it should be 80-70 degrees. Some people like to extend their elbows all the way out, if you do I suggest that you try to keep a slight bend in your elbows. I like to do it this way because more of the weight is isolated on the pecs instead of spread out threw the arms.

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    possibly tendonits. You start over your routine on friday meaning you lift everyday?

skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    omega 3;s help with my forearm tendinitis but it has never truely gone away

Originally Posted by E-Tank View Post
    possibly tendonits. You start over your routine on friday meaning you lift everyday?
    yeah i was affraid of something like this, and no after i do a complete cycle either 3 days upper body or 4 days with legs ill take 1 rest day then start over giving each individual muscle at least 72 hours of rest prior to using it again.

Skel:
    sorry i don't know how to quote multiple people but on the omega 3s i take in 2g a day

ill give it a few days rest then go back and try it again if it still hurts ill look into giving a bigger break and just go light for 2-3 weeks with a mix up of exercises

hopefully this helps

GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrowthMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it's tendinitis, this happens to me every now and then. I've learned to turn this into a positive.

Go explore what exercises for each muscle group aggrevate it, and which do not. Even though they aren't your staples for those muscle groups, hit the exercises that doesn't aggrevate it hella hard for a few weeks to a month. Then go back to your regimented plan of attack and you should reap some significant strength gains, and should be pain free.

Originally Posted by GrowthMogul View Post
    If it's tendinitis, this happens to me every now and then. I've learned to turn this into a positive.

Go explore what exercises for each muscle group aggrevate it, and which do not. Even though they aren't your staples for those muscle groups, hit the exercises that doesn't aggrevate it hella hard for a few weeks to a month. Then go back to your regimented plan of attack and you should reap some significant strength gains, and should be pain free.
    alrighty imma take one more day rest if it still hurts ill just do that
    hopefully this doens't set me back to far

THANKS EVERYONE!

matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matches has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GrowthMogul View Post

Yeah, I forgot to mention that that was my approach too.

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Iyzak View Post
    edit: im only 25 not 44 like it says lol it's not hurting bc of age

i've been working out for years and this is the 1st time this has happened.
    the pain is right above my elbow ,immediately above it, and below the tricep
    i know my form is good, i have done power lifting thru high school and now venturing into bulking and getting bigger
    i warmed up with 135 then to 185 then to 225 giving myself a nice 2-3 min rest between b/c im still working on exploding when going up
    work out started at 275 which i felt fine then when i went to 315 that part of my arm started killing me and i could only complete the lift 5 times normally a set of 8

my weekly routine consist of:
    mon. chest and tris
    tues. back and bis
    wens. shoulders and traps
    thrusday rest every other week legs
    friday i start over the routine

i know i don't work out my legs much i have bad knees after the marine corp so i don't want to hurt them further since i don't get free medical now
    side note: not blaming it on the marine corps and not bashing it anyway i would never, i pushed myself alittle harder then i probably should of :/

anywho any help would be helpful im going to give it a 72-96 hour rest and start my routine over after this rest period

Thanks,
    Matthew
    In my experience it's from too many reps total from elbow joint related lifts per week.