OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is this an okay diet for a typical day?

My goals are to bulk on 2600 calories a day with macros of 140p/79f/332c (ignore the goals in the pictures that I attached..mfp only lets me change percentages, not hard numbers).

In the attached pictures I have all the meals for a day, and was wondering if this is okay for a typical day, or if I need more veggies or meat or whatever. I'm mostly a vegetarian but can eat chicken. My only problem with chicken is that for a 3oz chicken breast that's only like 25-30g of protein..and I wouldn't want to eat more than that amount of chicken per day.

I do want to eat more veggies but it would be hard for me to measure the amount I eat until I get a food scale (will order one on amazon and have it shipped in a week or two).

I want to come up with a 7-day meal plan that I can strictly stick to, because I don't really have time to try and figure out macros for each meal on the spot. So if I can get a meal plan for 1 day down properly, then I can go ahead and make plans for 6 more days with the same principles (as far as type of food) as the first day.

Thanks for your help guys.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by OmnipotentOne; 05-17-2014 at 04:03 PM.

johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OmnipotentOne View Post
    My goals are to bulk on 2600 calories a day with macros of 140p/79f/332c (ignore the goals in the pictures that I attached..mfp only lets me change percentages, not hard numbers).

In the attached pictures I have all the meals for a day, and was wondering if this is okay for a typical day, or if I need more veggies or meat or whatever. I'm mostly a vegetarian but can eat chicken. My only problem with chicken is that for a 3oz chicken breast that's only like 25-30g of protein..and I wouldn't want to eat more than that amount of chicken per day.

I do want to eat more veggies but it would be hard for me to measure the amount I eat until I get a food scale (will order one on amazon and have it shipped in a week or two).

Based on the numbers you have the diet looks fine, but I only took a quick glance...(IIFYM), but....
    -3 oz of chicken is not 25-30 g or protein ...4 oz is usually about 25 g
    -How did you come up with 2600 calories to bulk on? There are a lot of people on here that cut with that amount - the number seems low to me.

Get a scale and use it...most people have no idea how to "guesstimate" portions and end up way over on cals and macros.
    Dead Lift till you puke crew!

OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OmnipotentOne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by johnmackay View Post
    Based on the numbers you have the diet looks fine, but I only took a quick glance...(IIFYM), but....
    -3 oz of chicken is not 25-30 g or protein ...4 oz is usually about 25 g
    -How did you come up with 2600 calories to bulk on? There are a lot of people on here that cut with that amount - the number seems low to me.

Get a scale and use it...most people have no idea how to "guesstimate" portions and end up way over on cals and macros.
    Thanks for the reply. I will definitely get a food scale - I want to stick as close to the numbers as I can.

Someone suggested me that number from another thread I made a week ago: /showthread.php?t=161825293

USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMCbagley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to come up with a 7-day meal plan that I can strictly stick to, because I don't really have time to try and figure out macros for each meal on the spot. So if I can get a meal plan for 1 day down properly, then I can go ahead and make plans for 6 more days with the same principles (as far as type of food) as the first day.

I agree with john, 2600 is too little for bulking, but don't immediately start trying to ingest tons of calories because all that will lead to is more fat storage. I would suggest starting at 2600, see how that goes, if it doesn't give you the results you are looking for, slowly start bumping it up by 100-200 calories. I am not well versed in vegetarian dieting but from what I saw you're on the right track! Good luck bulking!

Originally Posted by USMCbagley View Post
    I agree with john, 2600 is too little for bulking, but don't immediately start trying to ingest tons of calories because all that will lead to is more fat storage. I would suggest starting at 2600, see how that goes, if it doesn't give you the results you are looking for, slowly start bumping it up by 100-200 calories. I am not well versed in vegetarian dieting but from what I saw you're on the right track! Good luck bulking!
    Thanks! How long do you think I should stay at 2600 calories before I evaluate results? From what I understand, the first few weeks after eating more food you gain a lot of weight in water weight right? What is the best way for me to evaluate results?

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vegetarian sources of protein:

beans
    edamame
    whole grains (yes, really)
    nuts (also a fat source, of course)
    eggs/egg whites
    vegetables contain enough to contribute substantially to a meal--I get 20-40g of protein from vegetables a day. Not kidding.
    Cheeses of all kinds--from cottage to bleu, whatever you like
    milk
    [Heck, if you make pancakes with milk and eggs, or turn some bread into French toast, you add protein right there]

I could go on. It's actually difficult to find a food that doesn't contain protein.

Do you eat fish?

Also, an interesting resource on vegetarian athletic training: trimarni.blogspot.com [yes, triathlete not bodybuilder, but she's an actual RD]
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Vegetarian sources of protein:

beans
    edamame
    whole grains (yes, really)
    nuts (also a fat source, of course)
    eggs/egg whites
    vegetables contain enough to contribute substantially to a meal--I get 20-40g of protein from vegetables a day. Not kidding.
    Cheeses of all kinds--from cottage to bleu, whatever you like
    milk
    [Heck, if you make pancakes with milk and eggs, or turn some bread into French toast, you add protein right there]

I could go on. It's actually difficult to find a food that doesn't contain protein.

Do you eat fish?

Also, an interesting resource on vegetarian athletic training: trimarni.blogspot.com [yes, triathlete not bodybuilder, but she's an actual RD]
    Thanks for the reply. I tried eating fish (cod) but I don't think I could eat it on a consistent basis. Perhaps I will try it again in the future, maybe there is a certain recipe that will make fish tolerable for me.

Thanks a lot for the protein list, I will definitely incorporate a variety of protein sources in my diet. The only thing is, I don't really like dairy products - it makes my throat feel a little weird. I used to eat an incredible amount of cheese back when I was 200+ lbs, and dairy products just make me feel pretty bad. Even almond milk is barely tolerable for me for some reason.

I will eat some cheese, but it will be very limited such as on pizza and eating some cottage cheese, but that is about it.

That blog looks really interesting, I will definitely read up on it.

johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000) johnmackay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply. I will definitely get a food scale - I want to stick as close to the numbers as I can.

Someone suggested me that number from another thread I made a week ago: /showthread.php?t=161825293
    One good source for nutrition information is MyFitnessPal app, another is to simply do a google search, ie. if you want to know the nutrition value for a banana, google search: "banana nutrition" for common foods, google will have a window on the right of the screen with all the important information (for multiple weights for that food)...its very convenient and easy

Thanks! How long do you think I should stay at 2600 calories before I evaluate results? From what I understand, the first few weeks after eating more food you gain a lot of weight in water weight right? What is the best way for me to evaluate results?
    I would try it for 2 weeks, if you gained 2 lbs in that period you are right where you should be, if you gained more, think about reducing a bit, if you gained less increase a bit. If you lost weight, you are eating at a caloric deficit, so think about upping by 300-400 for that jump.

That being said, you should really read and understand the stickies in this nutrition forum and recalculate your TDEE; then base you surplus on that new TDEE.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by johnmackay View Post
    One good source for nutrition information is MyFitnessPal app, another is to simply do a google search, ie. if you want to know the nutrition value for a banana, google search: "banana nutrition" for common foods, google will have a window on the right of the screen with all the important information (for multiple weights for that food)...its very convenient and easy
    MFP can be a good source, but because a lot of the entries are submitted by other users there can be a lot of incorrect information as well. I always recommend my clients double-check with www.nutritiondata.com to be sure.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com