jaboyak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is 10 months unrealistic?

This is probably something you guys see all the time, but I've always wanted to do a competition and I've never actually done it. I used to be in good shape, but after I met my wife, I gained 80lbs and who knows how much body fat. Allegedly, I'm inbetween an "endomorph" and a "mesomorph". I don't buy much into that, but some people do. I'm 6'0" and right around 280-285.

So, I have a little more than 10 months before the competition and 80lbs to lose. My diet is not great, but it's not your everyday coke and fried chicken diet. I don't do soda. I also don't drink often. In theory, I shouldn't be this big, but I just love food. haha. I need to change my mindset from "live to eat" from "eat to live". Working on that.

I'm not asking for a detailed training regimen and a diet, but I am wondering if this is an achievable goal. I have this bad habit of setting unrealistic goals, expecting them to work, failing, then getting depressed and augmenting the issue.

Realistic in 10 months to lose 80ish lbs and 25% bodyfat before the end of March of 2015?

Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austinbruso94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Body pics, it's hard to tell realistically how long it will take? I'm 28% BF and if you're leaner than me then you probably are 25% bf. 80 pounds can be lost in 10 months, 2 pounds a week is a safe weight loss; but realistically, it will probably take you a year if you're consistent. It gets harder to lose fat when you get leaner.

w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you go nuts for 10 months, you have time.

d4webb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jaboyak View Post
    This is probably something you guys see all the time, but I've always wanted to do a competition and I've never actually done it. I used to be in good shape, but after I met my wife, I gained 80lbs and who knows how much body fat. Allegedly, I'm inbetween an "endomorph" and a "mesomorph". I don't buy much into that, but some people do. I'm 6'0" and right around 280-285.

So, I have a little more than 10 months before the competition and 80lbs to lose. My diet is not great, but it's not your everyday coke and fried chicken diet. I don't do soda. I also don't drink often. In theory, I shouldn't be this big, but I just love food. haha. I need to change my mindset from "live to eat" from "eat to live". Working on that.

I'm not asking for a detailed training regimen and a diet, but I am wondering if this is an achievable goal. I have this bad habit of setting unrealistic goals, expecting them to work, failing, then getting depressed and augmenting the issue.

Realistic in 10 months to lose 80ish lbs and 25% bodyfat before the end of March of 2015?

You can CERTAINLY do it, brother! I doubt that your problem is "setting unrealistic goals". It's probably more along the lines of not fully committing to those goals. Me and my buddy are about to embark on a similar journey. He weighs the same as you and wants to lose about the same in less time. I'm trying to lose 50 lbs myself. For every person telling you that it can't be done, there's 10 people who are doing it. I wanna be the guy doing it!

Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thearmyguy1283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

90 days

Originally Posted by jaboyak View Post

90 days is what you need. Going into my third show this weekend. My first show I prepped for 6 months and it was way to long. Dig through my posts and I have everything from offseason diet, contest prep, cardio, etc.... Posted. Good luck

Stay fit. Die anyway. GetSwoley's Avatar
    GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetSwoley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Easily possible. Assuming you lose 2 lbs / week (You could realistically do 3 and cut your time to 6 months), that would put you 80 lbs down at around 9.1 months. Which is the absolute minimum. It's not really a question of if it's theoretically possible though, It's a question if you can commit to your goals and achieve them. How fast / how efficiently you lose the weight is completely up to you. But whatever you do, do something that is MAINTAINABLE. Consistency is key. You should get the myfitnesspal app so you can log all of your calories and make sure you eat in a sustainable deficit through the 10 months. It will be a difficult journey but I know you can do it man. Good luck! Can't wait to see those shredded 10 month result pics
    "Everything seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela

"The best diet is the one you don't think you're on."

NASM CPT

Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well first off if you packed on 80 pounds of fat that fast then you're probably 33+% is it possible? Yes. First you need to lose the whole "I love food way too much! Haha" attitude. Putting on 80 pounds is nothing funny. You also will need to have the muscle base built to be able to fill the little bit of extra skin you'll have. Almost impossible to tell without pics though

T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a few things.. While in the beginning you can lose 2-3lbs week, you cannot maintain that weight loss down to contest shape, even if it's a male physique show. Also people tend to underestimate their BF percentage.. If you think you'll be ready at 200, you can expect 190 or even 180lbs to be much more realistic. For the first 40lbs at least I'd imagine 3lbs a week is doable.. You can do that in 14 weeks.. The next 40lbs I think if you do 2lbs a week that would be great, your metabolism will decrease as you drop fat and you want to maintain muscle, so you weight loss will need to slow some as you get leaner.. You could do that in 20 weeks.. Then odds are you'll have another 10-20lbs you'll want to drop to be fully shredded, at 1lb a week, that will take 10-20 weeks, also 1lb a week as you approach sub 10% is very hard, so you may go as low as .5 a week, making that 10+ week number pretty accurate.

So if you do this to preserve muscle and don't do anything super drastic, (ie starve) but still diet at a fast rate, it'll take between 44-54 weeks.. So that's 11 months to just over a year.. If you could keep the 3lb a week going all the way to 200lbs, I guess it's doable, but you may find that to be harder than you expect..

Anyways if you 35% bodyfat right now, which is realistically as lean as you could be at 285, you are contest ready at 190 or so and 200 would physique show capable. Odds are your bigger than that though, post up some pics if possible to acess.

rwells81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel that you could do it, but like stated above, the more weight you lose, the harder it is to lose more. The first pounds will go fast as you learn how to eat properly, but often times many get stuck and it is hard to lose that last amount of weight. Regardless I wish you the best of luck!