ryanlapadat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strongman Classifications ala Powerlifting/Oly lifting

We have athletes of all different levels on this board. If you had to name a few events that were best to use as standard events, what would be the expectations in those events at the Novice/intermediate/Provincial/National level in your opinion?

For instance…

Tire Flip (X 3 flips, 30 seconds or less)
    Novice 700 pound tire
    Intermediate 800 pound tire
    Provincial 1000 pound tire
    National 1200 pound tire

Some with events easy to quantify and keep the same across the board like log press, atlas stones, etc?

I think it would be interesting to get an idea as to what some athlete classifications might look like. I am gonna dig into competition results, but I think athlete input is important.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Didn't get an answer you liked on the OSM boards?
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are far too many variables to classify or quantify strength levels in strongman. The best indication you could possibly use would be specific divisions, but even then you'll never find two contests that are exactly the same.
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything