Thread: Soy Protein

LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Soy Protein

Ok, i went to the health food store today, and got some soy protein. I remember someone saying that only like 64 percent can be "used" where as in whey, 100 percent is. I am alergic to whey so thats why i dont take it, i was wondering 2 things. How much should i take after my workout(someone said 40 gram serving on whey, but since more is digested should i take like 60 gram serving), and is there anyother way i can get a lot of protein without the soy, excluding meat? Any reply is appreciated.

P.S. Parents think creatine is bad, is there any other thing i could take they wouldnt think is bad that would work?

shaun_bayarea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the reason that whey is better for post workout is that it is absorbed very quickly as opposed to like casien which takes longer to absorbe.....i dont know if your lactose intollerent and if thats why you cant take whey but if thats it then you can buy lactose free whey....as for post workout i dont know what you could use that would get into you fast i know that with soy protein not only does only a bit of it absorb but the bit that does gets absorbed slowly.....if your not lactose intollerent cottage cheese is great for anytime during the day as it rich in casien