craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Always Hungrrrrrry!

Hey everyone,

Quick question for you. I'm currently on a losing weight mission. I started my journey at 203lbs back at the beginning of this year. Now I'm down to 173lbs. My TDEE is calculated at 2295, with my BMR is 1669. I'm using an online forum/app called My Fitness Pal to log all of my food, exercise, etc. I'm eating about 1850 calories a day, coming very close to all of my macros... usually over on my protein intake. My question stems from me being hungry all the time....... Why? I'm eating quality foods, but I'm just always so hungry. It wasn't like this all the time, but I have a feeling that because my metabolism is ramped up now (I workout 3 times per week), I'm burning fuel a lot faster. In your opinions, do you think it's ok for me to go up on calories at this point? My goal is to lose at least another 10 lbs, and more bodyfat (currently 24%) before bulking... but what do you all think? Any suggestions? I'm at my calorie limit tonight for instance, and I feel like I could eat another dinner because I'm so unsatisfied right now.

Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000)
    What exactly are you eating?

Different types of foods will keep you feeling full longer than others.

Eat more vegetables. besides the micronutrients, you can eat a ton of them and not get that many calories.

By the off chance, maybe you're just thirsty and not actually hungry.

You could just have a huge appetite like I do. Sometimes I'll have a chicken salad, "16 oz chicken, half a head of lettuce, 4 tbsp fat free blue cheese", or a 5oz can of tuna and a 13.5 oz can of spinach as a snack/small meal.

If you can handle the taste "definately add some spices", check into Shirataki Noodles between 0-40 calories depending on what type. Pretty good as a low calorie filler if you don't wanna pound down vegetables.
    1. Married crew * Left handed crew * Poetry crew * Always pick 4 crew * D&D crew * No cellphone crew
    3. Grelko is currently being renovated, please leave a message at the beep
    4. Quest - Searching for the holy grail of 50/30/20 High carb
    5. No supplement diet
    7. Started Feb 2012 @ 250 lbs 31% BF
    8. Down to 178.8 lbs summer of 2015
    9. Restarted April 13th, 2020 at 224.5 lbs
    10. Going for ??? 5% BF ?
    11. Long term goal 235 lbs @ 8-12% BF
    12. *Twelve line crew*

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you cut, you will be hungry. It's part of the game. You just learn to deal with it. Destroy it mentally.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10) craigheon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most of my food is chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes, bagel thins w/ peanut butter, protein shakes (usually 1 in the morning, 1 at night on training days)... ground turkey... spinach, bananas, tuna fish, ground beef or hamburgers every once in a while... for snacks, I eat something called Belvita Breakfast biscuits... it's pretty much the same daily.. sometimes I snack on almonds too.. I've been a finicky eater most of my life, but I have certainly learned to like more recently.

randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) randymiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ur prob is its the same foods everyday plus u need to add more veg and fats

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by craigheon View Post
    Most of my food is chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes, bagel thins w/ peanut butter, protein shakes (usually 1 in the morning, 1 at night on training days)... ground turkey... spinach, bananas, tuna fish, ground beef or hamburgers every once in a while... for snacks, I eat something called Belvita Breakfast biscuits... it's pretty much the same daily.. sometimes I snack on almonds too.. I've been a finicky eater most of my life, but I have certainly learned to like more recently.
    more veggies
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by craigheon View Post
    Hey everyone,

Quick question for you. I'm currently on a losing weight mission. I started my journey at 203lbs back at the beginning of this year. Now I'm down to 173lbs. My TDEE is calculated at 2295, with my BMR is 1669. I'm using an online forum/app called My Fitness Pal to log all of my food, exercise, etc. I'm eating about 1850 calories a day, coming very close to all of my macros... usually over on my protein intake. My question stems from me being hungry all the time....... Why? I'm eating quality foods, but I'm just always so hungry. It wasn't like this all the time, but I have a feeling that because my metabolism is ramped up now (I workout 3 times per week), I'm burning fuel a lot faster. In your opinions, do you think it's ok for me to go up on calories at this point? My goal is to lose at least another 10 lbs, and more bodyfat (currently 24%) before bulking... but what do you all think? Any suggestions? I'm at my calorie limit tonight for instance, and I feel like I could eat another dinner because I'm so unsatisfied right now.
    I would redo your TDE. Your TDE is lower than mine and I have a desk job. You weigh about 5lbs more than me but have a lower bf. I could be wrong but I think your TDE maybe be low.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.

Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powersthetic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eating meals frequently reduce hunger from time to time
    and also drink lots of water

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Powersthetic View Post
    Eating meals frequently reduce hunger from time to time
    and also drink lots of water
    ^^ the opposite is true too.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Give intermittent fasting a shot, it helped reduced my hunger drastically.
    I'm also going to down a pound of broccoli and cauliflower today as those have a great calorie to volume ratio.
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Protein fluff is your hero op. Also eat more fiber dense food like veggies.
    Last edited by Siobahn; 05-14-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    *MMDELAD crew*

heaviest: 228lbs
    lightest: 107lbs
    Bulking!

Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bastiat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seems like most of the stuff on your list is high cal/unit volume. You need some things that are high volume/calorie. add in some veggies cooked or raw. steamed greenbeans are like 40cals/cup. Raw spinach and kale is very low calorie for the volume and full of vitamins. same with broccoli.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ditch shakes, ditch biscuits, ditch bagels, and ditch nuts......

Start replacing those calories with fruit, veggies, more lean meats, etc.. Learn how to give yourself enough volume to fill your stomach. If I am extremely hungry I will eat a huge salad with fat free italian dressing, chicken, strawberries, carrots, hardboiled egg whites, etc.. and it's only 280 cals for an entire huge tupperware container full of food.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    Ditch shakes, ditch biscuits, ditch bagels, and ditch nuts......

Start replacing those calories with fruit, veggies, more lean meats, etc.. Learn how to give yourself enough volume to fill your stomach. If I am extremely hungry I will eat a huge salad with fat free italian dressing, chicken, strawberries, carrots, hardboiled egg whites, etc.. and it's only 280 cals for an entire huge tupperware container full of food.
    Would agrees with ditching shakes and having solid food instead. A shake leaves me hungry in 20 min. Keep the nuts though. Your diet might be low in fat as it is which does not help for hunger pangs.
    Fibre, lean protein and healthy fats are your friends on the cut.

Slicing up eyeballs ChiBearsfan's Avatar
    ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Me too.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by coconuttree2009 View Post
    Keep the nuts though.
    I would still drop them... even eating something like cottage cheese would still provide fats and be 1/2 pound of food opposed to a small handful of nuts.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    I would still drop them... even eating something like cottage cheese would still provide fats and be 1/2 pound of food opposed to a small handful of nuts.
    this^ or even eggs
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely ditch the shakes. They will hot help with satiety.

Also, I find that high carb foods like bagels and potatoes tend to make me hungrier. I still eat them, but I am mindful of their effect on me.
    ☆ pUniCepts Appreciation Crew ☆

Rather Be Bulking Crew

ig: edm_brah
    sc: edmbrah

bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbyars87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bastiat View Post
    seems like most of the stuff on your list is high cal/unit volume. You need some things that are high volume/calorie. add in some veggies cooked or raw. steamed greenbeans are like 40cals/cup. Raw spinach and kale is very low calorie for the volume and full of vitamins. same with broccoli.
    Veggie up. Drink plenty of water. And yes, destroy the hunger with your mind.
    Live easy. Train hard.
    -If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbyars87 View Post
    And yes, destroy the hunger with your mind.
    Only poster with the right answer. Repped.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll take all of this into consideration!

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do you really need to cut on 1850 calories ? dont cut on very low calories if you can lose weight at higher calories. being hungry is normal , especially as your bodyfat drops to low levels . gums and diet sodas help me also eat ton of vegetables ,try to stay away from starch and drink a lot of water

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andrewlef View Post
    Definitely ditch the shakes. They will hot help with satiety.

Also, I find that high carb foods like bagels and potatoes tend to make me hungrier. I still eat them, but I am mindful of their effect on me.
    Me too. I up my fat intake when cutting and lower carbs. Not because I think carbs make me fat or any other such B.S., but because they don't offer much satiety (I'm hungry an hour after eating a bagel, for example).
    MMDELAD

ACE Certified Personal Trainer since 2007.

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    do you really need to cut on 1850 calories ? dont cut on very low calories if you can lose weight at higher calories. being hungry is normal , especially as your bodyfat drops to low levels . gums and diet sodas help me also eat ton of vegetables ,try to stay away from starch and drink a lot of water
    I'm just using the formula that My Fitness Pal gave me for guidelines. So that's why I'm at 1850 calories. It has worked for me, I'm just at a bit of a stalemate right now.

I do drink a lot of water, but my biggest downfall from what I'm learning here is that I don't eat enough veggies.