Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overcoming Sickness and Injury through exercise

Just wondering how many other lifters are out there that have injuries or illness and have found strength and health in lifting. I have an amputated foot, PTSD, and a really bad nerve disease in my stump. But the gym and the iron are my place of solitude. Its a place where for a couple hours I can feel normal and surround myself with people trying to improve their health. Or it's my place to work out all the frustration of being in pain or limited. Exercise keeps me going...
    Last edited by Omaha18; 05-13-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    All my lil piggys didn't come home

Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Omaha18 View Post
    Just wondering how many other lifters are out there that have injuries or illness and have found strength and health in lifting. I have an amputated foot, PTSD, and a really bad nerve disease in my stump. But the gym and the iron are my place of solitude. Its a place where for a couple hours I can feel normal and surround myself with people trying to improve their health. Or it's my place to work out all the frustration of being in pain or limited. Exercise keeps me going...

I am coming back after a 7 to 8 year lay-off due to a lower back that is completely destroyed says the VA doctors in Birmingham, Alabama. This all happened when I was in the Army as member of the 82nd AB and 1/75th Rangers. Jumping. I am now starting to ride my back and lift very light weights to help anything except to hit my low back. I guess I figured out if I say no, then I have already give up and do NOT want to do that. Hey good luck with workout, and listen my friend, I totally believe any exercise works some. God Bless!
    I am always one lift, from Perfection.
    1/75th Army Rangers
    God Protect this Country
    TO BE ONE ASK ONE

Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Omaha18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rickck48 View Post
    I am coming back after a 7 to 8 year lay-off due to a lower back that is completely destroyed says the VA doctors in Birmingham, Alabama. This all happened when I was in the Army as member of the 82nd AB and 1/75th Rangers. Jumping. I am now starting to ride my back and lift very light weights to help anything except to hit my low back. I guess I figured out if I say no, then I have already give up and do NOT want to do that. Hey good luck with workout, and listen my friend, I totally believe any exercise works some. God Bless!
    First off, thank you for serving our country and putting your body on the line for our freedoms. That's a long layoff and I'm sure getting back and moving has got to be tough on the back. And like you said, if we don't do anything than we've already given up. Parts of us may be missing or may not work correctly but we still have to take care of the rest of our body. Keep working those other limbs even if your back doesn't feel better the rest of you will.
    Best
    Al
    All my lil piggys didn't come home

Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rickck48 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Omaha18 View Post
    First off, thank you for serving our country and putting your body on the line for our freedoms. That's a long layoff and I'm sure getting back and moving has got to be tough on the back. And like you said, if we don't do anything than we've already given up. Parts of us may be missing or may not work correctly but we still have to take care of the rest of our body. Keep working those other limbs even if your back doesn't feel better the rest of you will.
    Best
    Al

Hey my friend. Have you moved to Birmingham yet?
    I am always one lift, from Perfection.
    1/75th Army Rangers
    God Protect this Country
    TO BE ONE ASK ONE