T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First day on keto, how am I doing?

I figured I'd give it a shot, as I'm trying to cut down from ~200 to ~185, and can't seem to stay dedicated to just calorie cutting.
    I'm roughly 18-20% bf right now, and about 200lbs

I'm using MyFitnessPal to track everything, and I've consumed 1638 net calories, 86g of fat, 188g of protein, and 66g of carbs, most of which are coming from either fiber or my whey shake post workout.

Carbs seem high to me, and fat seems really low. Not sure how to go about upping my fat intake.

Also, is it necessary to count calories on keto? I've read both that it is, and it isn't on different boards, so I'm not sure which to go with.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by T4Teddy; 05-12-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    475 Deadlift
    405 Squat
    245 Bench

zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not enough fats, too much protein, possibly too many carbs(depending on how much of those are fiber).

I recommend reading the sticky threads at the top of the Keto sub-forum. This one and this one, more specifically.

T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4Teddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zeaview View Post
    Not enough fats, too much protein, possibly too many carbs(depending on how much of those are fiber).

I recommend reading the sticky threads at the top of the Keto sub-forum. This one and this one, more specifically.
    Thank you for the link, I was actually planning on reading up some more on this forum specifically once I finished off my homework. I'll read that over in a few
    475 Deadlift
    405 Squat
    245 Bench

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're 16. You should focus on living an active life and eating as hungry.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeaview will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do I always miss reading the age? I need to start paying more attention to that.

OP, there's nothing wrong with a ketogenic diet, but like JellyBird said you shouldn't be counting calories. Don't aim for deficits, just eat when you're hungry. At your age, if you want to be "in better shape" - simply find more active things to do. Play sports, etc.

Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    T4Teddy - good on you for working on yourself. Are you a lifter? Some folks are insuline resistant, others can't get the leptin signal across the blood-brain barrier so the brain thinks you're always starved.

"Leptin is secreted primarily in fat cells, as well as the stomach, heart, placenta, and skeletal muscle. Leptin decreases hunger.

Ghrelin is secreted primarily in the lining of the stomach. Ghrelin increases hunger." http://www.precisionnutrition.com/le...in-weight-loss

This site says that you are overweight per your height/weight ratio, but it's not designed for athletic types;
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm
    If you have a lot of muscle then forget that site.

Your calories are way too restricted - it looks like. Do you lift 3-5 times a week?
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    -Twain

Originally Posted by xJellyBirdx
    You're 16. You should focus on living an active life and eating as hungry.
    I wish it was that simple to control my weight >_<
    Originally Posted by Looton
    T4Teddy - good on you for working on yourself. Are you a lifter? Some folks are insuline resistant, others can't get the leptin signal across the blood-brain barrier so the brain thinks you're always starved.

"Leptin is secreted primarily in fat cells, as well as the stomach, heart, placenta, and skeletal muscle. Leptin decreases hunger.

Ghrelin is secreted primarily in the lining of the stomach. Ghrelin increases hunger." http://www.precisionnutrition.com/le...in-weight-loss

This site says that you are overweight per your height/weight ratio, but it's not designed for athletic types;
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm
    If you have a lot of muscle then forget that site.

Your calories are way too restricted - it looks like. Do you lift 3-5 times a week?
    Thank you! I do lift, usually 4-5 times per week, but no less than 3. Before I started, I was really overweight, 226 in ninth grade, and I dropped down to 180 from the end of ninth to the beginning of eleventh, then began to bulk up after football season ended to where I'm at now. What I've noticed from my now two days of trying this is that I feel a lot more full from eating more fats and protein than carbs, so I'm finding it harder to meet the 160g of fat or whatever that was recommended.

Also, I went back to what I ate yesterday to figure out how many carbs weren't fiber/sugar alcohols, and it came out to 42g, 26 from sugars. Today I'm only at 10g so far, and won't go over 20g.
    475 Deadlift
    405 Squat
    245 Bench

Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jizzoid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    could someone tell me how many carbs/fats/protein im on keto too
    im 18 i weight 96kg which is like 215lbs i workout everyday and since i started keto im going to run everymorning now like 6-8km jog empty stomach at 7am
    and im not using any supplements yet

Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by T4Teddy View Post
    I figured I'd give it a shot, as I'm trying to cut down from ~200 to ~185, and can't seem to stay dedicated to just calorie cutting.

I'm using MyFitnessPal to track everything, and I've consumed 1638 net calories, 86g of fat, 188g of protein, and 66g of carbs, most of which are coming from either fiber or my whey shake post workout.

Carbs seem high to me, and fat seems really low. Not sure how to go about upping my fat intake.

Also, is it necessary to count calories on keto? I've read both that it is, and it isn't on different boards, so I'm not sure which to go with.
    You really do need more calories and a smaller deficient, if not you'll lose all your gains srs. And you may stunt your growth by eating too little cals, may have happend to me.
    I'm seventeen so I was there last year

whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatssgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by T4Teddy View Post

Your calories and fats are too low. Your carbs and protein are too high.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jizzoid View Post
    could someone tell me how many carbs/fats/protein im on keto too
    im 18 i weight 96kg which is like 215lbs i workout everyday and since i started keto im going to run everymorning now like 6-8km jog empty stomach at 7am
    and im not using any supplements yet
    Does anybody research anything before they decide they are doing it ? Anyone ? Bueller ? Is this thing on ?
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain