Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

About Freekin' Time

After multiple injuries, and losing a solid 15-20lbs of muscle, and gaining a solid 50-60lbs of fat - time to get my **** in order.
    BTW - I'm very apprehensive to do any heavy lifting due to recurring back injury and recurring shoulder injuries. I'm in physiotherapy for both, just need to get my fat in check to help with the sore back before I start tackling squats and deads.

I'll be doing a simple CKD diet. Aiming for 2750cal/day, focusing on bodyweight exercises and cardio.
    Stats: Male, 6'5, 290lbs, desk job, bad back/shoulders/knees
    Current exercise: Chasing a 2yr old every evening/weekend (that's honestly it)

7:30am: 3 slices bacon, 3 scrambled eggs (340cal - 25/2/25)
    10am: 2 boiled eggs, 1oz cheese, 1tbsp natural PB (363cal - 27/4/23)
    12pm: 4 chicken thighs w/ red peppers, 1oz almonds (570cal - 39/5/43)
    2:30pm: 1 italian sausage, 1oz cheese (350cal - 28/0/24)
    5:30pm: 10oz ground beef, 2c brocolli, 1tbsp full-fat ranch (760cal - 53/10/60)
    8pm: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1tbsp natural PB (350cal - 28/4/21)

Total intake: 2733cal - 200g protein, 25g carb (~8g fiber), 196g fat
    Just looking at that... I feel like I should up the fat a little, and down the protein a bit. I'm not really doing a powerlifter routine anything.

Supps will be Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium Picolinate, Magnesium, ALA and some multi-vitamin. I also have isolate protein shakes, but I'm not going to use those unless I up my game for weight-lifting.

Workouts:

Mon: 30min cardio (light jog on treadmill) + 3x max pushups + 3x max planks
    Tues: 45min cardio (eliptical) + 3x max air squats
    Wednesday: 60min yoga (with wife)
    Thursday: 30min jog on treadmill + 3x max pushups + 3x max planks
    Friday: 45min cardio (eliptical) + 3x max air squats
    Saturday: Tons of family activity
    Sunday: Tons of family activity

I'm not going to fool myself... the above is about the max I can sustain with my current energy levels and insane fear of injuring myself, again. I'm a fat dude with a family, so I want enough energy left after my exercising to keep up with my wife and daughter. There's also a bunch of house-cleaning, yard-work, misc. errands that will add to "cardio", but aren't listed.
    Main focus of mine, right now, is just doing SOME structured exercise and force myself to participate to a strict diet. I'm one of those "all or nothing" types, so trying to balance work, friends, family and personal health is not my style, but I gotta get used to it.

Any thoughts? I'll keep logging. I'll even post some pics of how far I've fallen from my pre-injury days (which coincide when I met my wife *gasp*)

My "carb up" days will likely be Thursday from 2:30pm to 10pm. I have social commitments every 2-3 weeks, and that involves a bit of beer sampling (doing judging certificate program) and some bread/cheese. I'll just go like mad for cardio on Friday mornings to make sure I wipe out all my carbs from the night before.
    Still workin'

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lil Freek View Post
    After multiple injuries, and losing a solid 15-20lbs of muscle, and gaining a solid 50-60lbs of fat - time to get my **** in order.
    BTW - I'm very apprehensive to do any heavy lifting due to recurring back injury and recurring shoulder injuries. I'm in physiotherapy for both, just need to get my fat in check to help with the sore back before I start tackling squats and deads.

I'll be doing a simple CKD diet. Aiming for 2750cal/day, focusing on bodyweight exercises and cardio.
    Stats: Male, 6'5, 290lbs, desk job, bad back/shoulders/knees
    Current exercise: Chasing a 2yr old every evening/weekend (that's honestly it)

7:30am: 3 slices bacon, 3 scrambled eggs (340cal - 25/2/25)
    10am: 2 boiled eggs, 1oz cheese, 1tbsp natural PB (363cal - 27/4/23)
    12pm: 4 chicken thighs w/ red peppers, 1oz almonds (570cal - 39/5/43)
    2:30pm: 1 italian sausage, 1oz cheese (350cal - 28/0/24)
    5:30pm: 10oz ground beef, 2c brocolli, 1tbsp full-fat ranch (760cal - 53/10/60)
    8pm: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1tbsp natural PB (350cal - 28/4/21)

Total intake: 2733cal - 200g protein, 25g carb (~8g fiber), 196g fat
    Just looking at that... I feel like I should up the fat a little, and down the protein a bit. I'm not really doing a powerlifter routine anything.

Supps will be Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium Picolinate, Magnesium, ALA and some multi-vitamin. I also have isolate protein shakes, but I'm not going to use those unless I up my game for weight-lifting.

Workouts:

Mon: 30min cardio (light jog on treadmill) + 3x max pushups + 3x max planks
    Tues: 45min cardio (eliptical) + 3x max air squats
    Wednesday: 60min yoga (with wife)
    Thursday: 30min jog on treadmill + 3x max pushups + 3x max planks
    Friday: 45min cardio (eliptical) + 3x max air squats
    Saturday: Tons of family activity
    Sunday: Tons of family activity

I'm not going to fool myself... the above is about the max I can sustain with my current energy levels and insane fear of injuring myself, again. I'm a fat dude with a family, so I want enough energy left after my exercising to keep up with my wife and daughter. There's also a bunch of house-cleaning, yard-work, misc. errands that will add to "cardio", but aren't listed.
    Main focus of mine, right now, is just doing SOME structured exercise and force myself to participate to a strict diet. I'm one of those "all or nothing" types, so trying to balance work, friends, family and personal health is not my style, but I gotta get used to it.

Any thoughts? I'll keep logging. I'll even post some pics of how far I've fallen from my pre-injury days (which coincide when I met my wife *gasp*)

My "carb up" days will likely be Thursday from 2:30pm to 10pm. I have social commitments every 2-3 weeks, and that involves a bit of beer sampling (doing judging certificate program) and some bread/cheese. I'll just go like mad for cardio on Friday mornings to make sure I wipe out all my carbs from the night before.
    All the best dude!

Check out the pigamid!
    "It's all about getting back up"