Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)

Cardioconvert hits the stage again in 2016

Well, new year, new journey, new journal!

Summary of me (did keep a journal from 2012 to present)

- long time distance runner turned lifting junkie (since approx 2010)
    - competed in figure with meh results in 2013
    - competed in figure with a much better package in 2014, coming top 3 in both my classes (figure, tall - I am 5'9")
    - wanted to compete in 2015 but just wasn't in the cards
    - happily married for 18 years
    - mom to a wonderful daughter and son (14 and 13 respectively)
    - accountant turned IT professional

- I lift 4 days or 5 days a week (depending on what program I am running)

- The only muscle group I don't like working out is direct arm work.

- target show: November 19th

- closer to 14 weeks out, I will return to training with the coaches with whom I worked for my previous shows

I love lists - upon starting my actual prep cycle, I like to share my 'ramblings' about prep and funny observations I make during my prep periods (like how funny I looked wearing cotton balls in my nose when baking with my daughter 5 days out from my first show so I wouldn't smell the cookie dough.....)

Hope someone decides to read but this allows me to release thoughts that no one outside out the BB world gives 2 rats' ass about

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Today was cardio only with 10 minute lite run to start followed by 8 45s hills @9.5mph and 3.5% incline. Nothing crazy, just a fun little TM workout on this blustery southern Ontario winter,er, spring day!

Normally I cook my food on Sunday but I am working from tomorrow and will therefore cook it between conference calls!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed some strong workouts!!!!

CC

Had a great workout last night, solid start to the week.

I used to train at the local Y but got disenchanted by some of the rules and started to wonder why I was leaving the house when I already had so many nice toys at home and could use the saved gym membership $ to supplement them! I also have access to a very nicely equipped gym at work (for which I was given the budget to refresh last year so it has lots of nice stuff now!). Between the two locations, I am not really missing anything except a Smith. I know - some folks love em, some folks hate em, but I like a vast number of Smith machine exercises.

At any rate, yesterday was shoulders and 'quick legs'. I normally cycle thru a few programs which are either 4 day or 5 day splits. But I am taking the 4 day and throwing a bit of extra work on them for parts needing a bit extra attention. For the next 4 weeks, this shall be 'quick legs' added to shoulder day! My legs are actually ok (in fact, my coaches have said they are one of my best assets!) but they can always be better, right? A few years ago, when my shoulders were lagging, I followed a similar 'hit them twice a week' approach for a bit and it seemed to have paid off. Last night, I only added one quad and one hammie move (had to rush off to something) but may split this and add a few quad exercises to one day, a few ham to another - just don't want to compromise my dedicated leg day so need to figure out logistics)

My logging is somewhat weird - I only log weight added to the bar (in the case of barbell / EZ curl bar), sorry - just helps me manage when I look back at the logs!

Warm up
    - 8 minute spin

Seated lateral raises - no chair back
    warm up - 2 sets of 12 @ 10lbs
    working sets:
    - 8 @ 17.5lb
    - 8 @ 17.5lb
    - 10 @ 15lb
    - 10 @ 15lg

Front Plate Raises

3 sets of 20 @ 25lbs

Bent over lateral raises
    - 4 sets of 12 @ 17.5lb

Standing OHP w/ EZ curl bar

- 4 sets of 8 @ 20lb/side

Seated leg extensions

- 4 @ 75lbs

Lying Ham curls

- 5 @ 55lbs

When I finished, I couldn't' figure out why the heck I was itching like crazy under my bra strap. Changed to shower and out dropped a fabric softener sheet. No wonder I was ready to claw my skin off!

Lift on,
    CC

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi!
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Hi!
    Hello!!

Thank you for stopping by!

CC

Well, not off to a great record for logging!

Workouts are still happening though, logged or not!

Went away this weekend (to Montreal) and stayed in a great hotel with probably the best gym (hotel wise) I've ever had access to. I think it was largely because the hotel is attached to a condominium complex and I suspect they share amenities.

Won't try to log those workouts but was very pleased with them. Lots of walking but, as Montreal has some wonderful restaurants, too much eating and drinking! Thank goodness I am more than 30 weeks out

Last night was a good, solid workout also - shoulders only (ended up hitting just triceps at work today but forgot my book )

Overhead press w/ EZ curl bar - weight shown is that added to the bar
    2 x 10 @20lb per side
    10 @ 22.5lb per side
    8 @ 22.5lb per side
    10 @ 20lb per side

Standing Lateral Raises
    10 @ 17.5lb
    10 @ 20lb
    3 x 10 @ 22.5lb

Front plate raises
    4 x 15 @ 25lb

Bent over lateral raises
    4 x 12 @ 15lb

Overall, very happy with where I am sitting. Have that feeling that I *should* be happy when I diet down - my back and shoulders are broadening out but not in that bad - ohhh, you went overboard with your bulk kinda way

Hopefully a long slow cut leading to a good solid 12 week prep will work in my favour but only time will tell!

Lift on,
    CC

Well, it is a good thing I am more consisten with my workouts than my log!!

The week has been a wee bit rough with lots of projects looming on the horizon - I basically have 180 small deployments over the next 4 to 5 years, starting with 2 on May 1st! Going crazy.

Today was chest day. Historically, not a muscle group I love but recently, it has become one of my favorites. Up until a few years ago, I used to think, hey, chest is covered by boobs, why really invest time in it? Lately though, I am loving the definition I am seeing. Sorry for the size (have never figured out how to correct the sizing):

Hitting a bit of legs on an extra day during the week seems to working well and I am liking how they are responding. A bit harder to plan my runs around but no biggie really. Tomorrow our son has fb practice so I'll take my gear and go for a nice LSD run then hotspot / do some work

Hope the BB.com universe is good and enjoying life wherever you're living it

CC

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just found you! Will be following your journey, and nice chest development for sure!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Just found you! Will be following your journey, and nice chest development for sure!
    Hi there - thank you for stopping by!!

CC

Well, I keep saying it but it is a good thing I am way more consistent with working out than maintaining my journal here!

Workouts are going really well thought we are entering football season and that along with a desire to run in the evenings vs lift at that time, is leading me to believe I must switch back to lifting at the break of dawn.

For a long time, I was an early am working out gal but lately, I've slipped into working out at night. My job is requiring insane hours, my kids need me for homework and other life support (my DD for some strange reason followed a You Tube video on how to pluck your eyebrows a few evenings ago and now is sporting the 'sans eyebrows' look and dinners are getting more chaotic.

So, starting tomorrow, mornings it is

Hope all is well in the bb.com world,
    lift on,
    CC

Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lynnlifts1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi! I will be following along!

Well! I've not been exceptionally good at maintaining this log, have I?

Anyone interested, I am still preparing for a late fall show (Nov 12th), cliffs notes as follows:

- debate with myself - can I manage my own diet and workouts and do this on my own (I love to dabble in the offseason with how junk works and have always tried to understand the slight changes / tweaks done during my coach / team directed prep in hopes that one day, I would have the nerve to try sans coaching costs)? No, too nervous this year.

- end of summer with camping and football made me question - why would I ever think to break my rule of preparing at any time of year other than the spring?!??! Thank God I gave myself 2 additional weeks (15 in total as compared to what I did last show season) as it took a bit for me to fight against myself and the system

- signed up with my coaching team and, one week in, one of them had a horrific accident and they've suspended services - so, for about 4 weeks, been on my own - see first note above - guess nothing like baptism by fire

- can I do this? Am I silly to do this? Just shush and do this .....

- 9 weeks in and my progress pics look better than another other season as at 8 weeks out so I am doing something right Let's hope it continues - ignore the awkward pose, posing isn't coming back to me as quickly as I would like!

So, all systems are go, worst case, my team comes back to business and I've cut quite a bit but aren't show ready - that isn't bad either, right? But, I am now in it to prove I can do it on my own!

CC

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HEYYYYYYYY

I was wondering how prep was going.

I am sure you can do this by yourself and if your worried about peak week there are a few trainers around (Kim included) that do peak week plans, you can always touch base.

Looking awesome!
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Wow, I suck this prep at logging!

3 weeks and 4 days out and feeling great! Everything is falling into place and I am on track. Will post next week's progress photos as I am a bit rushed right now.

Work has been stupid busy and I've travelled so much, prep has been hard. To cook and pack 3 or 4 days worth of meals to take on flights is a pain but I stayed on plan so it was worth it each time (thank goodness it is all domestic travel!)

Workouts are getting a bit tough as I am feeling the 12 weeks of deficit at this point. But they are still strong. Limited cardio this prep which is great and has helped me (both schedule wise and tired wise). Only just now starting to sprinkle in some more cardio for the last few weeks of conditioning fine tuning.

Hope all is well, been keeping up on others journals, just quietly doing my "thang".

CC

Booyah - 3 weeks tomorrow! I am stoked!

Been working very hard on my posing as I know my other shows, I just didn't do myself any justice! Yes, I practiced my ass off for those cycles but even I know I looked stiff and like I was thinking too hard.

This prep, I am channeling a DIVA much better. Something clicked earlier in this year in my mind (maybe I've hit that magical thing that I've heard happens to ladies in their 40s) where you know what, I am only going to walk this planet for a wee number of years (relative to all things) and you know what? I can't keep worrying what others think and using that to assess performance / success! I am going to strut myself and those who think I'm eclectic can kiss my well toned a$$.

Ok, enough of that! What's up otherwise? I am sitting at about 132 daily which is perfect and seeing tightening every day. I welcomed back my bicep veins earlier in the week! My rings and underwear are not looking great so that means good things! (hahahha)

It has been very nice weather wise here in SW Ontario so lots of long walks with the pup and a few sprint sessions a week is all the cardio I've been doing. Will sprinkle in some more in the next two weeks for the final adjustments. Diet is good and my food matrix is quite reasonable so I am overall quite content with the eating strategy. Next contest, I likely will only engage the training team for posing classes and maybe peak week only as I've pretty much proven I know how to manipulate my matrix to achieve the desired results.

Planning has started for post contest life as I have one day before I'm off for a week of travel (work again). I am planning a regimented reverse plan as I want to enter 2017 at a certain weight given I have some fairly aggressive and concrete goals.

Will post another update soon,
    Happy Friday!

CC

12 days

I am getting very excited now and having weird dreams (when I sleep that is). As per other preps, I've stopped sleeping long (deeply but not too long) and my body seems to want to get up anywhere between 4 and 430 - cool until 8pm at night when I am basically feeling like I am going to fall asleep, regardless of what I am doing at that time.

Workouts are finally starting to feel a bit laggy and my recovery is not what I am used to.

I will start posing in my suit tonight (don't like to bring it out until very close to the show as I don't want it stretched or the embellishments to be compromised in any way). Bringing it out, however, brings reality wayyyy home!

Coach likes my last set of pics and I must say, so do I. Posing still needs a lot of work but these photos were taken this morning at 5am as I literally ran out of weekend to have them taken! I am really trying to focus on flaring those lats in both poses as I have veritably no waist. The bathing suite somewhat up my ass is a good look though! Now I need to stop that r arm / hand from popping out when trying to flare and I am hinging too much at the hip in my back pose. More practice.......Golf would have been easier.....

If it weren't at the sacrifice of time to practice, I'd like to just sleep for the next 2 weeks and wake up on show day

Hope everyone is good,
    CC

10 days out!

While happy with the experience, I am glad it is sunsetting. I am very tired and work is just a nightmare and well, a cookie would be good!

Halloween was relatively uneventful at our home - gave out candy to approx 20 kiddies (our neighbourhood is quite mature). Dressed up as HarleyQuinn (will post a snap later). Dog was going crazy - her feelings were hurt every time the door bell rang and the kiddies weren't interested in her!

Have gathered all my stuff (like registration papers and maps and such) as this show, Hubs won't be overnighting with me (he is going to stay home w/ the kids and just come back for the night show). He is usually my eyes and ears so I have to actually think for myself (sometimes hard in a water depleted state) - though, I am going to take some extra $$ as it looks like there are going to be some kick ass vendors at the little expo and he won't be able to ask "do you really need another hoodie"

Hope everyone is doing well in the bb.com world!

CC

1 Week Tomorrow!!!!!

Officially entering peak week. I am buoyed emotionally by the fact that, really, all the hard work is done - offseason is when the hardest work went in, prep is when the discipline is called into play and now is when I need to take the collective experience and bring my A game onto the stage. Not to sound like a TimBit league mom (Canucks will get that one) but I am 'already a winner'

What have I learned this prep?

- Contest prep can be successfully overlaid on an extremely busy and stressful career. While I've not changed jobs since last competing, my responsibility and stress level within my role have increased exponentially since last season I competed.

- Contest prep can be successfully executed even when traveling extensively for said busy and stressful career (albeit, I only proved this theory for domestic travel and could take all my food for my 3 and 4 day stints as a result)

- Contest prep can be successfully done and still attend concerts, tailgating and other fun events - it just requires very careful sneaking in of foods

- Contest prep and motherhood can live harmoniously - well, maybe that is a stretch, even non dieting, I would say a teenage girl and her mom have moments of 'non harmony'!

- my husband and kids are the BEST

So, will keep everyone posted and am looking forward to the next week - I think the changes in my body (any competitor's) this last week are so cool to witness

CC

5 days out!

Woot woot!

Feeling very good and just waiting to strut my stuff now. I can't seem to concentrate at all at work (shhhh, don't tell my boss) and I am soooooo cold, that is not helping.

Got my peak week food plan and I'm a little skeptical but will discuss my concerns this evening as I do have a private posing session.

Tomorrow night, I will pack my bag and make sure I have ample time to check it / ensure I have everything. Lots of cooking this week, of course. Thursday, I get my roots done so that is good. And then I am off Friday - soon, I should get my tan times to know the exact plan for that afternoon. Athlete meeting is at 730.

I think I finally fixed up my back pose as compared to previous weeks and liking how it looks:

Happy Monday!

cc

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking good CC! I am routing for you to kick arse and take some names!
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Looking good CC! I am routing for you to kick arse and take some names!
    Thanks! Not sure about name taking but I am just hoping to really let my hard work shine on Saturday!

CC

2 days out and the peak week is going very well!

All things on point as per am/pm check ins with Coach

Packing tonight and then will pose / chill. Tomorrow, pose / chill. Got my tan times - base is at 430 tomorrow so that is great.

Belly is butterflyish now!

CC

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Popping in to say good luck!
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    Popping in to say good luck!
    Thanks so much!

Well, I had a fabulous day on Saturday! Peak week went flawlessly, registration was easy peasy and met some fabulous ladies during the athlete's meeting and tanning/makeup then brought out my Diva and was rewarded! 2nd in the Masters tall class and 4th in the open tall class - the latter really spooked me as it was a larger class stocked full of gorgeous young ladies.

I don't have too many photos but here are a few:

We had a fun day yesterday with the TiCats having their final game of the year - enjoyed some nice treats and let myself relax. Today is back to the grindstone with workouts and eating on plan - I am in control and planning on managing my diet very mindfully in this important post show period. I am away on business all this week and just went to the grocery store near my hotel to stock the mini fridge with some chicken, pre cooked squash, berries and greek yogurt - yum!

Hope everyone is good and enjoying this spectacular weather!