Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Extremely depressed because of severe stretch marks (pics)

Hey guys.

Honestly, I am pretty distraught over my body image at the moment. I have developed fairly stretch marks for almost no reason at all.

I've only gained 15 pounds over a period two years and my stomach, sides, armpits, groin and glutes are covered with severe marks.

Here's the part. Five years ago gained and lost 50 pounds without hardly a single mark. Only with this recent smaller weight gain have I developed these.

I had my cortisol checked for Cushings syndrome but I was in the normal range.

I'm. So. Depressed. I know I sound like a *******
    but honestly, I know I will never be aesthetic. In fact I can't even wear a tank top, let alone go shirtless.

For those who will say to "man up" and get over it I totally understand. But honestly how would you guys feel in my position?, imagine your body covered in deep marks. I truly miss looking normal.

Thoughts?

ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the first pic looks like a nasty possy.

I thought your arm was some rachet girls leg.

get some vitamin cream

Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Broadcaster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ChrisLB View Post

get some vitamin cream
    It's disgusting isn't it

Originally Posted by Broadcaster View Post
    It's disgusting isn't it
    Anyone care to comment? Does ANYONE 200lbs have marks this bad?

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tbh I don't think its that bad, don't see a reason why u can't look aesthetic.

That said I understand you want to do something about it, but I'm afraid I can't help. I do know that coconut oil helps healing my skin all the time, but no clue if it could help with this.

TATSANDHATS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bad news pal, they're never gonna completely disappear. I had a mate who was 230lbs; covered in stretch marks, people would always comment (women). Now he's 210lbs, 6% BF. Girls don't seem to care too much about them scars anymore.

Invest in tea tree oil. Will reduce the intensity.
    Helping others is a big hobby of mine.

-

@TATSANDHATS

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that stretch mark at your delt/underarm is likely due to muscle growth. I have the same plus more in that area and I've never gained or lost huge amounts of weight. i never worried about it and no one has even remarked on it even girls. brb armpits wide open when lying in bed and no phucks given. seriously don't worry about it.

btw if you are unaware women get stretch marks as much as men without even working out or gaining huge amounts of weight. you have something in common with 50% of the women and you probably never even knew it! now stop making excuses.

ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ILoveHardWork is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the same brah, sucks but nothing we can do, well make it srs

Originally Posted by ILoveHardWork View Post
    I have the same brah, sucks but nothing we can do, well make it srs
    Wow you guys have been so helpful. I didn't think other guys had it this bad. Honestly the flash makes them look more red but they still look awful

Registered User HeadlessChicken's Avatar
    HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol at your delt/underarm stretch mark...mine are much worse. Eventually it will lighten up and possibly fade to white. There really aren't a big deal wearing a tank top at all. Now the giant jagged lightning bolt stretch marks I have emanating from my crotch (on the inside of my thighs...) ...those are unaesthetic...

To help mine out I take a good multi, a hair/skin/and nails supplement, and moisturizer/vitamin cream.

Does anyone have pictures of there's that are as severe as mine? It would truly help me feel better

DiMario241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had one exactly like under your arm on my leg, eventually went away for me. I wouldn't worry about it man, if anything it looks like a scar.

theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theFitNish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive also heard tea tree or even rubbing olive oil over them every day helps them fade, but its over time.
    "Work hard in silence.. Let success make the noise."

FitNish.com
    #BeMotivated. Be Fit.

Registered User HeadlessChicken's Avatar
    HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeadlessChicken has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The dark one is new...the rest of them used to be a similar color but have faded over time. They will continue to get paler in your nutrition is on point and you're not gaining weight too fast.

ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReptarGSO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They fade over time. Tanning helps. They're awesome to have my friend. They're tiger stripes. War marks. Signs of your progression.
    Cutting 'cause fat.
    -Old Fat Kid crew
    -Arms everyday crew

Follow my log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163002671&p=1268361751#post1268361751

Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
    The dark one is new...the rest of them used to be a similar color but have faded over time. They will continue to get paler in your nutrition is on point and you're not gaining weight too fast.

I appreciate you posting bro but honestly mine are worse in my opinion because it's one massive mark rather then several small ones like yours. Mines 5 inches long and a half inch wide :/

Plus, my stomach is covered in severe ones. I'm not even fat. That's what concerns me. My obese friends do not have marks half as bad as mine.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd say the ones near your arm shoulder are kinda cool, could blame them on fast muscle growth. I'd do what I could to make the ones on your gut less noticeable though.

In the grand scheme of things though if you get in shape you aren't that bad off. Look how many fat guys don't take their shirt off all summer, you can do the same, but just not be fat, rock tank tops.
    12-5-23

thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I first started lifting, I got marks on the front and back of my delts. They fade over time and become hard to even notice. Yours aren't horrible, you'll be fine. I was almost proud of mine since I knew it was just muscle growth tearing my skin lol.
    Fierce 5

Dreamchasers Anonymous loseitall90210's Avatar
    loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ChrisLB View Post

get some vitamin cream
    ha ha haa... i'm in tears over here

March 1st -June 1st Weight Loss:
    3-2: 226 | 3-9:223 | 3-16: 219 | 3-23: 215.5 | 3-30: 215 | Month Total: 11 POUNDS
    4-6: 212 | 4-13: 211 | 4-20: 208 | 4-27: 203.5 | Month Total: 8.5 POUNDS
    5-4: 200.5 | 5-11: xxx | 5-18: xxx | 5-25: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

“Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.”

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did you lose or gain extreme weight at one point in your life?
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0lli will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have 'em too OP. Don't let them bring you down, and don't pay any attention to them. I know I don't.

Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhanor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They will never go away but they will fade a lot. Dont sweat it man

Originally Posted by BB12s View Post
    Did you lose or gain extreme weight at one point in your life?
    That's the thing. I gained and lost 50 pounds five years ago. With hardly ANY stretch marks. These recent ones are because a weight gain of a max of 10 lbs. I dont understand why I got severe marks with a insignificant weight gain, whereas my fat friends have much less

I wish i looked like you guys. It's so rare to be so severely affected by these at a normal weight. I see muscular guys with normal skin all the freakin time. Depressed me so much.

I know at this point I'm probably being an annoying c*nt...but do any of you have pictures of your more severe ones?

It would be me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone. But based on my daily observances of guys at the gym, this is rare.

Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have them on my shoulder/chest like you do and they're MUCH BIGGER. in fact when I tore my pec and it swelled up it got twice as bad on the one side. funny it doesn't show in this pic but it's about where the darkest spot is near the top but it's long from pec to the arm. damned thing looked like roast beef shoved up under my arm. much better now but still much worse than yours in terms of single mark and size.
    MuscleTech Supporter

APC/GPA, SPF 220
    http://americanpowerliftingcommittee-usa.com/
    Raw 216lbs bw
    Meet#/Gym#
    Squat 660bs/700lbs
    Bench 405lbs/415lbs
    DL 650/same

downmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look like a man rather than some sissy suburban pretty boy who wears skinny jeans.

MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Broadcaster View Post
    I am pretty distraught over my body image
    It's common to feel this way, don't stress. Bodies can change, and you can reduce your stretch marks. Your skin is an organ that can be healed with reduced scars (stretch marks), just as you can grow your muscles and mend bones. It'll take some time, but you can definitely do something about this.
    As far as "*******," you don't sound like one because one of them (me) wouldn't be depressed about this.

I was a chunky kid and have stretch marks on my thighs, calves, and knees. I don't stress about it 'cause lotion and mark reducer creams help me. Even then, hulking bodybuilders sometimes have stretch marks on their biceps, shoulders, quads, and sometimes lats.

Really, accept that you have marks for now, get the necessary stuff together (do some research, look up stretch mark creams that aren't inflated with hype) and wait it out. It'll take some time, but you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by MikeyLeMunch View Post
    It's common to feel this way, don't stress. Bodies can change, and you can reduce your stretch marks. Your skin is an organ that can be healed with reduced scars (stretch marks), just as you can grow your muscles and mend bones. It'll take some time, but you can definitely do something about this.
    As far as "*******," you don't sound like one because one of them (me) wouldn't be depressed about this.

I was a chunky kid and have stretch marks on my thighs, calves, and knees. I don't stress about it 'cause lotion and mark reducer creams help me. Even then, hulking bodybuilders sometimes have stretch marks on their biceps, shoulders, quads, and sometimes lats.

Really, accept that you have marks for now, get the necessary stuff together (do some research, look up stretch mark creams that aren't inflated with hype) and wait it out. It'll take some time, but you'll be fine.
    I see what you're saying and i appreciate your support brother, but in my experience stretch marks never go away. they're deep tears in the dermal layer of skin..the same layer used in tattoos.

I'm so damn depressed over this mostly because I did nothing to deserve it. i have maintained my weight within 10 pounds or so for the last 4 years. where the hell did these extreme stretch marks come from. I guess I get most depressed when I reminisce about how I usd to look without them...I'll never look that way again. Now i'm basically ashamed of my body and that won't change unless they miraculously go away. most of you guys are so lucky to be able to pursue bodybuilding without huge marks everywhere. I wish I could be you.