Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TyreekD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anybody can rhyme, it just has to have a meaning behind it. Can't just be throwing out words n ****. That is why a lot of good freestylers suck at making songs.

StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IbnKutub View Post
    @OP, yes, some actually do.

Also, a rapper isn't stupid in simply by being a rapper.

Sister, I saw you name a bunch of other rappers earlier in the thread, you should check out Binary Star's Masters of the Universe album, they are IMO some of the best rappers ever recorded and their album 'Masters of the Universe' is probably the best underground record in the last twenty years.

Their lyricism is amazing and their flow is always impressive.

Also, please don't mind that poster, he's a racist, if you check his post history you'll see him spewing a lot of non-sense.
    Thanks brother, just heard that first track and it's absolutely brilliant, I'm surprised I haven't heard of them earlier and I'm definitely going to search deeper into their stuff. The content was well good and the flow was on point, thanks.

Lol what he was saying kind of made sense but kind of didn't, I just never assumed people wouldn't think of me as British so it's been a serious awakening lol.

Originally Posted by ducatisteve View Post
    Scanned the thread, didn't see this linked yet.

Article: http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-websi...amazonaws.com/
    LOOOOL @ DMX at the bottom hahahaha, RUFF RIDERS lmao.

Originally Posted by KidJRay View Post
    You are a female with a hijab and you rap...?

What in the world do you rap about then? srs
    Lol yeah it's quite rare and surprising for most people. I come from a family of poets and artists so it was kind of got me into it. I rap about whatever I want to rap about lol, it's like poetry.
    ~Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about. Rumi.~
    Arsenal FC
    Rapper/Singer/Song writer/Poet
    ENFP 4w5, 7w6, 9w8.

IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by StuffsGroovey View Post

Lol what he was saying kind of made sense but kind of didn't, I just never assumed people wouldn't think of me as British so it's been a serious awakening lol.
    No, don't pay him any attention. Nation states are nation states. That means if you're a citizen of that nation you are as anyone else that is there.

That poster is an American, complaining about British and European nationality as though he has a valid point. In actuality he is just a racist and is upset that you're comfortable being who you are, where you are.

Don't be fooled by his thinly veiled racist arguments. The Europeans, no more than the Africans or the 'Asians', aren't all one people and they though some of them have the same complexion of skin they aren't at all as ready to consider themselves all 'one race' as some racist might have you think, even in Europe. Especially in the Europe.

Tell a Finnish and a Russian they should get 'along' because they're both 'white' if you dare.

White is not a race.

KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I see where you are coming from but it hurts me when people don't see I belong here. It's the only home I know and the culture I feel myself the closest too. If you think about it, we are all genetically part this and part that. In this day and age, we live in such a multi cultural world that every one could trace their ancestry back to somewhere else. 'you could also argue then that you're a foreigner in your own country as it originally belonged to the Natives and people from around the world migrated to America - you could say that everyone non-Native there are not American.
    Britain would not be where it is if it weren't for foreigners settling here ages ago.

Honestly though, if I'm not British, what am I? It's the culture the most familiar to me and what you've said has kind of shocked me lol because I assumed everyone saw me as British, it is the only home I've known after all
    We are all foreigners in this world.

But lol I get your point of view and respect it
    But you say you feel like Scottish culture is the one most familiar to you, then may I ask why you wear a Hijab still? Plenty of religious women who are in the same boat as you, but they have westernized themselves while still staying true to their religion. I assume it's the parents?

This is one thing I agree on when it comes to these immigration kind of topics. You respect and assimilate to the culture you live in. Same way if I went to Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq with my girl she'd throw somethin on her hair to respect the local's way of life. I know it's what it says in the Quran that women should do; but the problem is that Islam is a religion originally practiced by Arabs in Arab culture, and thus the religion and culture got intertwined making it hard for muslims to assimilate to a non-Arab/muslim culture.
    Last edited by KidJRay; 05-10-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    *Hip-Hop crew*
    *Producer crew*
    *Car enthusiast crew*

Stable:
    *2015 Mercedes-Benz C250*
    *2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat (aka the HellKeazy)*

The Marathon Continues 💙

iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wizard LMAO, wasn't that tough considering I linked my youtube to my soundcloud.
    Look at the date uploaded though, I was 14 LOL.

Jimmies not even rustled.
    I didn't say anything brahette, merely posted it, but yeah you were horrible back then.

Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dasser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ever heard eminem speak in an interview? It's unbelievable how little articulate the guy is. It's basically all "yeah... yeah... nomsayin...like...yeah" damn
    "Powerlifters shout at bodybuilders because bodybuilding produces mountains of muscle tissue with no functional purpose. Strongman competitors look down on powerlifters because there's more to strength than a one-rep max in three lifts performed with a minuscule range of motion. Olympic lifters, if you can find them, get to feel smug because every 4 years, you can turn on the TV at 3 AM and see them compete for gold. And everyone hates on CrossFit."

sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sanine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks brother, just heard that first track and it's absolutely brilliant, I'm surprised I haven't heard of them earlier and I'm definitely going to search deeper into their stuff. The content was well good and the flow was on point, thanks.

LOOOOL @ DMX at the bottom hahahaha, RUFF RIDERS lmao.

Lol yeah it's quite rare and surprising for most people. I come from a family of poets and artists so it was kind of got me into it. I rap about whatever I want to rap about lol, it's like poetry.
    stop listening to music you sloot its haraam in islam

IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    But you say you feel like Scottish culture is the one most familiar to you, then may I ask why you wear a Hijab still? Plenty of religious women who are in the same boat as you, but they have westernized themselves while still staying true to their religion. I assume it's the parents?

This is one thing I agree on when it comes to these immigration kind of topics. You respect and assimilate to the culture you live in.
    Since when is 'being Scottish' a religion?

Originally Posted by sanine View Post
    Its not, despite what you've heard.

joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joonbee128 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think this'll be an interesting read for ya'll

http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-websi...amazonaws.com/

Wu-Tang clan ain't notin to **** wit

EDIT: oh shoots, wizards of peace
    Last edited by joonbee128; 05-10-2014 at 09:42 AM.

KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KidJRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since when is 'being Scottish' a religion?
    I mean in the sense that a Hijab is a result of the mixing of Arab culture, customs with the religion, aka Islam. A hijab, along with beards, burkas, and long clothing for men, are all Arabic culture customs. But they're not Scottish culture. So wearing a Hijab is expressing Arab culture and religion. I never said that Scottish is a religion LOL, don't know where you pulled that from, but it is a culture, and a hijab is not part of their culture (which is intertwined with Christianity). You do realize culture and religion are only seperated by a very fine line, right? But I'm just talking about cultures here. She said she identifies with the Scottish culture.
    Last edited by KidJRay; 05-10-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    *Hip-Hop crew*
    *Producer crew*
    *Car enthusiast crew*

Stable:

The Marathon Continues 💙

MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscMagnate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My name is misc magnate, the real estate magnate.
    Real estate is "property consisting of land and the buildings on it,
    along with its natural resources such as crops, minerals,
    or water; immovable property of this nature; an interest vested in this;
    (also) an item of real property; (more generally) buildings or housing in general.
    Also: the business of real estate; the profession of buying, selling, or renting land, buildings or housing.

StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50) StuffsGroovey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

This is one thing I agree on when it comes to these immigration kind of topics. You respect and assimilate to the culture you live in. Same way if I went to Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq with my girl she'd throw somethin on her hair to respect the local's way of life. I know it's what it says in the Quran that women should do; but the problem is that Islam is a religion originally practiced by Arabs in Arab culture, and thus the religion and culture got intertwined making it hard for muslims to assimilate to a non-Arab/muslim culture.
    I get the point you're making but culture isn't just about the way you dress (although that has a lot to do with it). Like IbnKutub said, Scottish is not a religion. There's a difference between practicing culture and practicing religion, if a woman walked around wearing a sari, that would be her practicing her Indian culture but not Hindusim, Hindusim would be practiced if she were to have the red dot Hindu women have to show they are married.
    Same with Islam, me and my family are very active in a group called "New to Islam" which is a sort of community of new Muslims/newly practicing who meet up every week etc. Many of the new Muslim women take it in stages to start practicing Islam when they convert, slowly strop drinking, slowly stop eating Pork, slowly start praying etc and when they feel like they are a complete Muslim, many chose to wear the Hijab. They are still Scottish (white and genetically Scottish) but they have chosen to follow a teaching from a religion. This doesn't make them any less Scottish and nor does it make me any less Scottish.

This is all easy to confuse as there is a thin line between culture and religion and nationality and they all are mixed and intermingled but no, me wearing a hijab is a complete personal choice as is me (sometimes) wearing the abaya when I go out (long black cloak),. In fact my parents slightly discouraged me in the beginning to wear the abaya as to avoid hostility but I convinced them it was something that was right for me. Scottish culture goes past one thing such as showing your hair, all the originally asian (Pakistani/Arab) guys I know wear Kilts to dances/Weddings because they are Scottish and it's part of there culture.

If my white non muslim friend decided to wear a headscarf just for fashion (which many girls have asked me about as they have wanted to), it won't make her any less Scottish. A woman living in Iraq who doesn't wear the hijab doesn't mean she isn't Iraqi, a guy in England who doesn't like a chippy (Fish and chips) doesn't mean he isn't English.
    This is such a broad and diverse matter that's dependent on a whole lot of things.
    ~Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about. Rumi.~
    Arsenal FC
    ENFP 4w5, 7w6, 9w8.

Originally Posted by joonbee128 View Post
    I think this'll be an interesting read for ya'll

http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-websi...amazonaws.com/

Wu-Tang clan ain't notin to **** wit

EDIT: oh shoots, wizards of peace
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    Arsenal FC
    ENFP 4w5, 7w6, 9w8.

Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000) Nistrange is just really nice. (+1000)
    I mean in the sense that a Hijab is a result of the mixing of Arab culture, customs with the religion, aka Islam. A hijab, along with beards, burkas, and long clothing for men, are all Arabic culture customs. But they're not Scottish culture. So wearing a Hijab is expressing Arab culture and religion. I never said that Scottish is a religion LOL, don't know where you pulled that from, but it is a culture, and a hijab is not part of their culture (which is intertwined with Christianity). You do realize culture and religion are only seperated by a very fine line, right? But I'm just talking about cultures here. She said she identifies with the Scottish culture.
    While Islam started with the Arabs, it was begun with the ideal of spreading across the world. Yes, Arab culture has assimilated with Islam in a way, but no part of Arab culture has been put into Islam itself. As it is, Islam is supposed to be a global religion. The Hijab is actually purely Islamic, not culturally Arab. The burka, however, is culturally Arab. Hence, I could see you're point if she was wearing the burka, but currently your statement is just revealing a lack of knowledge on the topic.
    1k+

Negs on Sight:
    YolkedBrah
    CannonSex
    heybigboy5
    nzgs

Originally Posted by sanine View Post
    Haram in Islam? Please don't spread things without knowledge. No it's not and our local sheikh/scholar supports this ideology (that it's not haram). There are different opinions/views on it and many reputable people in the Deen have said it's permissible so therefore as long as some say yes, it is, it will be.

Originally Posted by iamtough View Post
    I didn't say anything brahette, merely posted it, but yeah you were horrible back then.
    Horrible is an understatement bro, I was beyond terrible. Only thing keeping me from deleting those videos is the amount of views lool.

No, don't pay him any attention. Nation states are nation states. That means if you're a citizen of that nation you are as anyone else that is there.

That poster is an American, complaining about British and European nationality as though he has a valid point. In actuality he is just a racist and is upset that you're comfortable being who you are, where you are.

Don't be fooled by his thinly veiled racist arguments. The Europeans, no more than the Africans or the 'Asians', aren't all one people and they though some of them have the same complexion of skin they aren't at all as ready to consider themselves all 'one race' as some racist might have you think, even in Europe. Especially in the Europe.

Tell a Finnish and a Russian they should get 'along' because they're both 'white' if you dare.

White is not a race.
    I completely agree with you, race isn't dependent on nationality. You could be white and Jamaican. You could be black and Chinese, you could be any colour and belong to any nationality. Just because people of said nationality don't see you the same way doesn't mean they are right and you aren't.
    He is saying he is more British than me when, if he came here, he won't be able to understand our dialect, our slang, our sense of humour, our passion etc etc.
    People will view him as an American and me as a British Scot - just realized that lol.

And you're also true regarding the Finish/Russian thing, just because they are of the same colour does not mean at all that they both would "fit in" together.
    Arsenal FC
    ENFP 4w5, 7w6, 9w8.

TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Clarkstonn View Post
    No racist but what you doing in UK?

UK is for British people

Anyways, that chart that was posted a couple pages back confirms Wu Tang > Shakespeare

Originally Posted by TDKSparda View Post

Anyways, that chart that was posted a couple pages back confirms Wu Tang > Shakespeare
    He says he is more British then me despite never stepping foot in this country and that if he were to ever come here, he's be more "welcomed" and would "fit in better" in comparison to me. Honestly, mind = blown.
    Arsenal FC
    ENFP 4w5, 7w6, 9w8.

Can you tell me where your idea of modern Scottish culture comes from?

The head covering, the hijab, is apart of Christian 'culture' (Scotland has Christians do they not?), which is why the Virgin Mary is classically depicted with one on and its the same reason that the catholic nuns (Christian nuns) practice their 'habit' (head covering). Scottish nuns wear hijab.

Are you to say that the Scottsman don't wear beards? The shaving of the beard isn't from Scottish 'culture' its by and large from a modern conformist concept. The Celts in general were bearded men to begin with. The shaving of the head is new stuff.

Among the Gaelic Celts of Scotland and Ireland, men typically let their facial hair grow into a full beard, and it was often seen as dishonourable for a Gaelic man to have no facial hair.[29][30][31]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard#C...ermanic_tribes

Wearing a hijab, is an expression of obedience to the religious induction from God, Allah, in the Quran to do so. But it was the same for Christians and the Jews.

Culture is a very unique word in that people define it along racial, ancestral, political and xenophobic lines to fit their means. Religion, itself and culture, relate historically - as the golden age of any religion will be effected by its place in history- but they are in no way the same thing.

Her identification with Scottish culture means she recognizes herself as part of the construct of the Scottish society as she has experienced despite her not being a celt. The modern projection of Scottish society doesn't conflict with her own practices and habits, not as she sees it, which is a good thing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on topic though, rappers aren't stupid, why should it surprise anyone that they might have extensive vocabularies.

TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000)
    He says he is more British then me despite never stepping foot in this country and that if he were to ever come here, he's be more "welcomed" and would "fit in better" in comparison to me. Honestly, mind = blown.
    Well racist people are stupid...

Originally Posted by Nistrange View Post
    While Islam started with the Arabs, it was begun with the ideal of spreading across the world. Yes, Arab culture has assimilated with Islam in a way, but no part of Arab culture has been put into Islam itself. As it is, Islam is supposed to be a global religion. The Hijab is actually purely Islamic, not culturally Arab. The burka, however, is culturally Arab. Hence, I could see you're point if she was wearing the burka, but currently your statement is just revealing a lack of knowledge on the topic.
    Point taken, but I guess I didn't word my argument correctly. What I mean to say is; the point is not whether or not a hijab is Arab culture or Scottish culture, the point is that Scottish people (used to) practice Christianity as their religion, and their women don't wear hijabs. So in order to fit in as a "true Scot" you wouldn't wear a hijab seeing as that's not what native people do in that country. You could even argue that if you're truly Scottish, you have taken on EVERY aspect of their culture which would include religion then. Because Scots are not muslim. And if you still wanted to stay true to your roots (i.e. practicing Islam as in this girl's case), then you could leave the Hijab, because that's something that your fellow Scots don't do. But anyway, tourist women who go to public places/big cities in middle eastern countries are expected to cover their hair because that's the norm, i.e. the majority/natives of that country walk around like that. And it's not the norm to wear a hijab in a Western country. That's all there is to my point really. I'm not saying she has to stop wearing a hijab, gurl do your thang! But what I meant was; if you want to consider yourself 100% Scottish then you can't wear a Hijab technically. I hope my point is a bit clearer now.

I don't care if someone wants to cover their hair for their religion, because it doesn't affect me, I'm just saying that I can see where white folks come from when they make that point. There should be freedom of religion, however sometimes religion also interferes with culture/norms and that's where the line should be drawn. In the public sector, like city halls, bank clerks, etc, people should not wear a hijab imo. You should be neutral. (no political/religious signs on you). The reason why I think this is because once you look at it from two viewpoints, it makes sense. Working in a city hall in Tehran without a Hijab is just disrespectful. You should be neutral. In that country, being neutral would mean wearing a Hijab. Being neutral in Scotland means wearing nothing. Imagine if you have a religion that says it's not allowed to cover your hair, but the country you're in has a religion that says you ARE required to do so, then you abide to the country's main religion and put on a hijab if you wish to be considered a 100% Persian and not foreign. Do you see what I mean? It goes both ways.

StuffsGroovey, you were shocked that people didn't view you as a Scottish person, I'm 100% sure that the hijab is the reason why anyone who saw you would immediately assume you are not Scottish. Scottish by birth and living life in Scotland from a young age, but not a Scot. It's the way people are. Where you are in the world changes how people view you. If I walk in Brazil people might think I'm Brazilian, if I walk around in Queens people see me as African-American, and if you walk in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or whatever, people will not view you as Scottish but as one of them. And you walkin around in Scotland like that, people see you as someone who's from any possible muslim country. (Be it first, 2nd or 3rd generation). Which you are. Nothing wrong with that. I know from experience that in a lot of European countries muslim minorities like yourself would rather not be named a Belgian/Dutch/French/whatever and were proud of their heritage. They even used the nationality of European country as an insult amongst each other. "You actin like a Belgian", calling natives "Fuccin Belgian",etc. which would mean acting "lame/boring/beta" etc. It was to the point where being native was seen as "uncool" and that they were all boring and dorks etc, and being anything other than Dutch/Belgian/French, would be "cool". Any Belgian who had friends who were of another race/country and/or got along with them, at one point he would almost definitely mention 'not being like other Belgians', or being a "cool Belgian", or people would say that about him. I don't know how the culture amongst immigrants is in the UK though. And It's the same here in the States. Many get called "Oreo" by fellow Black folks for acting "white" etc. So to me, from my own life experiences as a black dude in both the States and Europe, I find it weird how a non-white minority wants to identify with the white/native population, because the minorities I live(d) with see being "white" as a negative thing. You know how in rap people always say "Real nicca chit", there's a reason they say nicca and not just dude or somethin. And that's pretty messed up when I think about it, the way people think. But it's just how I grew up, that's life amongst minorities I guess.

The guy with the pics of the nuns and chit, lol bro, I'm not gonna quote all that so just responding to it here. You're correct that Mary covered her hair as she was accostumed to Jewish/Middle Eastern culture at that time (which proves the hair covering to be a thing of the past as much of Islamic traditions still are, but that's beside the point), and nuns do it as well since they are heavily involved with the religion and base the practice on the image of Mary. However regular christians don't wear a hijab. Modern christians sure don't. And you don't have to take the beard example too seriously, because what I mean by that is that in MODERN society, muslims still sport a beard (on a more serious level, though it's not a requirement) whereas modern Scots do not. Whether or not their ancestors did is beside the point. My point was that a beard is still part of the islamic culture today, I'm not talking about history.
    Last edited by KidJRay; 05-10-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    *Hip-Hop crew*
    *Producer crew*
    *Car enthusiast crew*

Stable:

The Marathon Continues 💙

EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most probably can't spell dictionary, and they make up words, some of which sadly get put in the dictionary.

Bling, for example.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlift!" - J.P.S.

Moist.

Taking a break from here because life is more important, see you *******s in 6 months. Srs.

spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spicewood1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    necro's got some mad linguistic skills but cant imagine him sat there on an evening thumbing through an oxford dictionary