ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you know when you have enough base to cut?

Pretty much just wondering what you look for? Or is it just a crap shoot, cut and see what you have. If I show pics is it something you guys will be able to see? Just trying to figure out what to do next. Any help would be appreciated!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ZipDee View Post
    Pretty much just wondering what you look for? Or is it just a crap shoot, cut and see what you have. If I show pics is it something you guys will be able to see? Just trying to figure out what to do next. Any help would be appreciated!
    Pics would help yes. What are your stats and how long have you been building?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZipDee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Kim, thanks so much for taking the time to help me. My stats right now, I'm 5'6, 145 lbs and I'm 44 years old. I've been seriously lifting for about 2 1/2 years, there was about a 6 month layoff in there because I was seriously injured in a wake boarding accident. I've always been athletic in that I have always been active .. I kept my weight in the mid 120's, gained some through lifting, gained some when I got hurt also. I had very little upper body muscle though, like poke my shoulder and you felt bone. I'm also very, very long armed for my body .. Like strangely so, so it's been hard for me to put on bulk in that area. I have been giving it my best shot though. I'm not sure if these pics are too dressed, I was working out and snapped them. I'm thick/short waisted to start with and my stomach is a mess from having three large babies ( now 14,16 & 18) .. I'm pretty sure this fall I'm going to go in for a tummy tuck and boob lift .. Just sick of looking at it. Let me see if I can get these images attached now.

Are those too big, I'm trying to upload with my iPad and sometimes it doesn't do a great job resizing.
    Attached Images

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi Kim, thanks so much for taking the time to help me. My stats right now, I'm 5'6, 145 lbs and I'm 44 years old. I've been seriously lifting for about 2 1/2 years, there was about a 6 month layoff in there because I was seriously injured in a wake boarding accident. I've always been athletic in that I have always been active .. I kept my weight in the mid 120's, gained some through lifting, gained some when I got hurt also. I had very little upper body muscle though, like poke my shoulder and you felt bone. I'm also very, very long armed for my body .. Like strangely so, so it's been hard for me to put on bulk in that area. I have been giving it my best shot though. I'm not sure if these pics are too dressed, I was working out and snapped them. I'm thick/short waisted to start with and my stomach is a mess from having three large babies ( now 14,16 & 18) .. I'm pretty sure this fall I'm going to go in for a tummy tuck and boob lift .. Just sick of looking at it. Let me see if I can get these images attached now.

Are those too big, I'm trying to upload with my iPad and sometimes it doesn't do a great job resizing.

You could def benefit from adding more muscle to your frame.. BUT, if you're def going to get a tummy tuck and lift in the fall, you may want to cut. That way your surgeon can remove as much skin as possible and get the best results.

Thanks for the help and advice Cara! I'm pretty certain I will be going in this fall. I have tried for years to make my stomach look better through diet and exercise .. It really is a lost cause. I have the type of skin that just didn't bounce back, they could easily take five or more pounds off I think. This is me last year, about 10 pounds lighter right before my accident, you can still see I am fairly thick in the waist. I'm not near as muscular as most of the women here by a long shot, but when I started my shoulder width was much smaller than my hips, now at least I'm starting to look more balanced.
    Attached Images

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the help and advice Cara! I'm pretty certain I will be going in this fall. I have tried for years to make my stomach look better through diet and exercise .. It really is a lost cause. I have the type of skin that just didn't bounce back, they could easily take five or more pounds off I think. This is me last year, about 10 pounds lighter right before my accident, you can still see I am fairly thick in the waist. I'm not near as muscular as most of the women here by a long shot, but when I started my shoulder width was much smaller than my hips, now at least I'm starting to look more balanced.
    Oh I totally know what you mean, I had a full TT back in the fall. It's been a long, mentally and physically exhausting recovery (just had my scar lowered so healing now from that) but I know in the end it'll be so worth it. Just plan for a full year until you're totally healed.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Generally, a brand new person who has not lifted before would need to lift a solid and well-rounded progressive program consistently for at least a year or two (or three) PLUS eat to support muscle growth (at or above maintenance) to have a good base. Women gain muscle very slowly - around 1/2 lb per month and that's if she's eating in a surplus and lifting a good program.

If you've been going at it for a couple years and have seen good strength gains, you probably have a decent base.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    If you've been going at it for a couple years and have seen good strength gains, you probably have a decent base.
    And if you haven't, and are still relatively new to lifting, you might be able to 'recomp' fairly successfully (which is to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time). It's not something that trained individuals can usually pull off, but lifting 'newbies' generally have a better shot.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com