ArsenalGoonA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Trying to Build that Chest..But its not working

hi, i have been gyming for 3 months now, everything is growing well except my chest...
    i was 160 pounds and now 171 pounds and 6"0 15% BF
    i consume 2100-2400 calories a day (i dont always hit 2400 calories), consists of 200g of protein, 250g carbs, 50g of fat.
    i hit my chest twice a week..

Routine:
    4 sets bench press (14-12-10-8) at (30kg-40kg-50kg-50kg)
    4 sets incl press (14-12-10-8) at (30kg-35kg-40kg-45kg)
    3 sets pecdec (i cant do flys cause it effs my shoulder)
    3 sets dips
    3 sets cable crossovers.

I need your guidance..Show me the WAY!!
    Last edited by ArsenalGoonA; 05-08-2014 at 02:48 PM.

turqo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    17 sets and twice a week? bro you are working so much.

even while i am doing once a week, my chest routine has 12 sets. think you have to reduce yours.

basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basmca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try dumbell press it isolates the chest a bit better then barbell press
    maby cut out the dips and the pecdeck and go compleed burnout on the crossovers doing a dropset on your last set.

but im no exspert my chest is not great ether, crossover gives me the sickest pump tho

you also seem be to quite low on calories, are you currently losing weigth?
    losing weight will make it very hard to build muscle.
    Last edited by basmca; 05-08-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Originally Posted by turqo34 View Post

even while i am doing once a week, my chest routine has 12 sets. think you have to reduce yours.
    but if i reduce mine then ill leave the gym everytime feeling nothing my chest..

Originally Posted by basmca View Post
    try dumbell press it isolates the chest a bit better then barbell press
    maby cut out the dips and the pecdeck and go compleed burnout on the crossovers doing a dropset on your last set.

but im no exspert my chest is not great ether, crossover gives me the sickest pump tho

you also seem be to quite low on calories, are you currently losing weigth?
    losing weight will make it very hard to build muscle.
    hey man thanx for the reply, but no am not losing weight, i am just trying to maintain my weight, cause once i start eating above that i gain a huge belly. And when i usually eat i go for Protein and Carbs and minimum fat. but i am too sensitive in the belly area. dont know what to do

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by turqo34 View Post

I agree here as well. Its all trial and error to see what works for you or not and since you say your chest isnt building then you need a change so lower your sets/reps etc, switch it all up and stick with that and see how it goes.
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

laitila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ArsenalGoonA View Post
    hi, i have been gyming for 3 months now, everything is growing well except my chest...
    i was 160 pounds and now 171 pounds and 6"0 15% BF
    i consume 2100-2400 calories a day (i dont always hit 2400 calories), consists of 200g of protein, 250g carbs, 50g of fat.
    i hit my chest twice a week..

Routine:
    4 sets bench press (14-12-10-8) at (30kg-40kg-50kg-50kg)
    4 sets incl press (14-12-10-8) at (30kg-35kg-40kg-45kg)
    3 sets pecdec (i cant do flys cause it effs my shoulder)
    3 sets dips
    3 sets cable crossovers.

I need your guidance..Show me the WAY!!
    Try sitting cable crossovers it works really good for me!

Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hardy1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had same problem, my issue was I wasn't rotating my shoulders back and sticking my chest out enough, focus on isolating the chest muscles and not the shoulders.

This may not be your problem, but it was mine.
    Go heavy.

Originally Posted by Hardy1000 View Post
    I had same problem, my issue was I wasn't rotating my shoulders back and sticking my chest out enough, focus on isolating the chest muscles and not the shoulders.

thanx bro, ill definitely give that a try

map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Probably the most obvious thing to do is to just up your calories, you're not eating enough. Don't sweat about gaining weight.

Originally Posted by map84 View Post
    Probably the most obvious thing to do is to just up your calories, you're not eating enough. Don't sweat about gaining weight.
    even with the belly issue?? btw thanx for the reply

Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rychilol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    #1 FOCUS on your chest. Make sure your doing the exercises right.
    #2 Work with "time under tension" Light weights many reps, (12-15) range. Make sure you always got tension on your chest.
    #3 Dont forget flyes, atleast 3 sets of decline and 3 sets of incline.
    #4 Add drop-sets or "rest-pause sets" at the end of every chest exercise, were you really PUSH yourself to the maximum.
    #5 Eat right, make sure you get alot of carbs, fats and proteins post workout.
    My 1 year journey & transformation to fitness, hope this might motivate. Leave a comment or a question Im happy to answer! - www.youtube.com/watch?v=fly9_N74xkk

nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hardy1000 View Post

This tends to be the problem for most people. They throw in waaayyy too much arm/shoulder instead of focusing on the chest. Stick the chest out and squeeze super hard at the peak of the rep.

GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GunsQuad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No pecs, no sex (srs)
    ** BrokenHearts Crew **
    ** NoCalves Crew **

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chest was one of my spots that I had trouble gaining any size in. So I just played around with various routines until I found one that worked. For me hitting chest twice in one week, one day going with heavy weights and low reps (3-6) with bb benches, and one day going medium weight with high reps (8-12) with db benches seemed to get mine to grow. Also if you want to grow it is difficult to do without excess cals. Dial in your diet and you will get better results.

DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DanKing94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Go for, Incline bar, flat bar, Incline dumbells. Incline fly's. Cable cross over, 4 sets increase weight every time
    I would really appreciate it if anyone could! Check my YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/user/KingFitnessWorkouts

It is about my journey trying to build muscle and sharing my workouts with you guys!!

I also try and do as many supplement reviews as possible! Would really appreciate any likes & subscribes!

And check my Blog - kingfintnessworkout.blogspot.co.uk/