disney22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vacation Before Competition

I am wondering how some of you handle a vacation near your competition. Vacationing without enjoying some "fun" food seems torturous. I have a show in mind this Fall which falls just a couple of weeks after a family vacation. Any thoughts on the matter?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I make it a point not to schedule any vacations during preps. Just a personal choice. Good luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarahe215 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went to mexico at 6 weeks out from my comp. I made sure to book a hotel room that had a kitchen. cooked and prepped all my meals there. went out for one fancy dinner and ordered something healthy (grilled fish.) Treated myself to low cal frozen yogurt a few times during the week, but made sure that it fit my macros. If you want it bad enough, you won't feel the urge to cheat...vacation or no vacation. Stay focused!
    "I remember certain people trying to put negative thoughts in my mind. Trying to persuade me to slow down. But I had found the thing to which I wanted to devote my total energies and there was no stopping me." - Arnold

linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Taking a trip right before your show date can be very dangerous. You've been 100% commitment leading up to your vacation and it doesn't take long to ruin your hard work you've been putting in. A little bite of this and that.... temptations are huge. Prepping is already hard. Prepping during a vacation event is even harder. It can be done, but it's simply just too hard.

A client of mine did the same thing, 2 weeks before her show date. She went on a mini weekend gate-away. She came back and did a whole lot of damage. She ended up ruin everything she had put into her prep. Needless to say, she didn't compete. As her coach, it was just tough to see that.

Best of luck to you girl. It's never fun going on a vacation during prep and watching others eating whatever they want.

fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fire73087 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You could always pick a show at a later date if the damage is to great to recover from in time.
    Jared Ferguson
    Team Fire Fitness LLC
    www.TeamFireFitness.com
    www.********.com/TeamFireFitness
    NGA/ANBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

KittonMittons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Probably not a good idea. Too much peer pressure. Are we talking with the homies or just family? Maybe family, but boyfriend/husband and/or friends- I wouldn't do it.

Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Exploitation1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by disney22 View Post
    I am wondering how some of you handle a vacation near your competition. Vacationing without enjoying some "fun" food seems torturous. I have a show in mind this Fall which falls just a couple of weeks after a family vacation. Any thoughts on the matter?
    Just relax and have fun

w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) w0rd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've done it before. Eat your chicken breast at the beach.

disney22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many thanks! Good tips. I decided to compete in a later show so I'll have plenty of solid prep! Thanks again.

KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingKrol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently went to Cancun for a 8 nights the day after a contest, with a contest a month out from the first one. It was all inclusive food and drinks. I tried to eat mostly protein sources and avoid too much carbs. But I did eat pretty hard for three-four days during the trip. Because I was so depleted following my show, and active during the vacay, I came back home 4 pounds lighter than when I left. I even had a HUGE breakfast before leaving for the airport to milk some more out of the place. Maybe it was just what I needed to reset my leptin? I think you'll be okay. I had a solid three weeks to get my diet back in order and honestly looked better than I did during my first competition. I wound up placing 5 out of 13 guys in an NPC Men's Physique show!
    Subscribe to TeamMshaw on Youtube, and awaken the machine within!