Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When to actually work on hypertrophy?

I was doing rippotoe for about 3-4 months now, have made some impressive strength gains, along with some weight and size gains. Here's the beef though. I really wanted to focus on size as of now, and get looking big etc. Rippotoe, though its an amazing workout, kinda makes you unproportinal. May lats are big, chest "appears small" (damn gyno). and my tricep is huge, while compared to my bicep its nothing. Do you think working on a hypertrophy workout is a wise decision as of now? my numbers:

180 lbs. 5'7"

Squat- 305x5 (very deep, not ATG but below par.)
    Deadlift- 285 x5
    Bench- 180x5 good form.
    Standing mill press- 115x5 (form perfected)
    I do some added accesory work as well. Such as tricep dips, chest dips, chinups, etc.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ir0n_Samurai View Post
    I was doing rippotoe for about 3-4 months now, have made some impressive strength gains, along with some weight and size gains. Here's the beef though. I really wanted to focus on size as of now, and get looking big etc. Rippotoe, though its an amazing workout, kinda makes you unproportinal. May lats are big, chest "appears small" (damn gyno). and my tricep is huge, while compared to my bicep its nothing. Do you think working on a hypertrophy workout is a wise decision as of now? my numbers:

180 lbs. 5'7"

Deadlift- 285 x5
    Bench- 180x5 good form.
    Standing mill press- 115x5 (form perfected)
    I do some added accesory work as well. Such as tricep dips, chest dips, chinups, etc.
    If you are doing the routine as prescribed and correctly, you should not have any imbalances.

If you feel you have enough experience to start your own routine, do so. Hypertrophy has a lot to do with the amount of repetitions you perform per set. See the attached PDF file for reference.
    Attached Files
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are trying to bulk up then i dont think you have enough range of exercises. Flat benchpress is not going to get you the kind of chest you want atleast that looks good. You need to add inclines and flat bench flys (maybe more if you wanna get hardcore on your chest). If your doing dips then what kind of dips? bench dips or bar dips. If you are doing bench dips then you are doing more tricep, if your use the bar and you lean somewhat forward to where its not awkward then your are hitting ur tris and your lower pecs. I suggest the parallel bar dips since well you didnt mention that you do decline bench to hit your lower chest. You probably need a good combination of bicep workouts as well. Maybe post your routines so we can take a look as to why really have this misbalance of muscle. hope that helped

ahhh just forget about that whole dip part heh i just reread that you do chest dips qudos

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thats extremely hard to believe...

I think w8 had a thread about this heh..
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhreEkGarden View Post

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1640671
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

----don't be THAT guy---- two choices's Avatar
    two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50)

no doubt that was a great thread. i think he came thru and said something that EVERYONE that actually lifts was thinking.

also, if you look at the guy's profile, i'm not seeing anything that would make me think he has a strong foundation yet anyway. 305 for deep reps, i think not.
    STATS:
    bench-(insert e-stat)
    squat-(insert e-stat)
    dead-(insert e-stat)

Unfortunately, the ego factor has a never-ending presence in any competitive sport. It's what gives us motivation also.

Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I don't know why you wont beleive me. give me monday to record a video of me on my camera doing the squat if you people dont beleive me

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was also surprised.. your bench and deadlift look VERY similar to mine, but your squat is much higher.

Squatting for huge arms 7Forty7's Avatar
    7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7Forty7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn, another good thread I missed. Yep, I shake my head at 4 out of every 5 18 year olds on here. There's only one guy I've ever seen at my gym that lifted WAY in excess of the weight I'd have assumed for his build/bodyweight. There seems to be a high concentration on this board though

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    If you are doing the routine as prescribed and correctly, you should not have any imbalances.
    Bull****. Starting strength has "imbalance" written all over it (at least in terms of bodybuilding proportions).

wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wimp2pimp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man View Post
    Bull****. Starting strength has "imbalance" written all over it (at least in terms of bodybuilding proportions).
    starting strength was designed for sports and strength. It was never designed for muscle balance, looks. It's not wise to say: "if you follow the program to a tea, you will not develope imbalances".

Australian Guy Abroad 2MuChBoDyFaT's Avatar
    2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

I don't know why you wont beleive me. give me monday to record a video of me on my camera doing the squat if you people dont beleive me
    Yup, I'm looking forward to this. Please repost the youtube link in this thread once you've filmed it

While you're filming, could you also post the video of your deadlifts

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, so I'm looking forward to seeing a 16yr old out lift me. It will be good motivation for me
    Current Stack:

Controlled Labs Pink Bits
    Controlled Labs Green Frogs
    Controlled Labs Black Death
    Controlled Labs Purple Haze
    Controlled Labs Gold Bullion
    Controlled Labs Red Eyes

2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

*bump*

C'mon "Ir0n_Samurai" .... I'm still waiting for this video post of yours
    Current Stack:

Controlled Labs Red Eyes

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did someone say video backing up numbers???

Oh, just another tease......
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I was doing rippotoe for about 3-4 months now, have made some impressive strength gains, along with some weight and size gains. Here's the beef though. I really wanted to focus on size as of now, and get looking big etc. Rippotoe, though its an amazing workout, kinda makes you unproportinal. May lats are big, chest "appears small" (damn gyno). and my tricep is huge, while compared to my bicep its nothing. Do you think working on a hypertrophy workout is a wise decision as of now?
    It doesn't matter what program you follow, it's always going to be a constant juggling act with proportions.

The general rule is to worry more about weak points once you've built up a solid foundation of size and strength, but at the same time that doesn't mean you have to walk around looking like **** in the meantime. If your biceps and chest are weak points, you could still do a Rippetoe or 5x5 type of program that focuses on weight progression with the big lifts but consider including more isolation work for those areas, like several sets of curls 2-3x a week, same deal with flyes for the chest.

As a side note, if I've learned anything with training chest it's that for it to look even remotely impressive the key is in those upper pecs. That's what makes a chest look thick and powerful, even at higher body fat. So if you're not already, consider giving more emphasis to incline work.

Nice post Dominik, but .....

I'm still waiting for that guy to post his damn video !!!!!!

Hurry up Iron_Samurai, or I'm gunna have to call BS

p.s. I'm gunna do a "shawshank" on you dude. I'm gunna bump this thread once a week, starting now, until:

a) you post your videos of those lifts in your original post

or

b) you confess
    Current Stack:

Controlled Labs Red Eyes

Got it... I applogize for the ****ty camera angle, the only way I could place my cell phone camera stable was horizontal. Squat 300 for 5 reps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1ciDJC48Q
    Last edited by Ir0n_Samurai; 03-19-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no video bro showing up for me

Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Vid played for me. 5 reps
    "Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength" -

I just feel good knowing i have proof. I am an honest person, and also hate douche bags who lie about their stats (example: the little 135 lber who benches "200")

HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep, 5 reps..I am not sure about the poundage, but I'll take his word for it since he got the proof he said he would. His word is good now.

It wasn't the 305 you first said, but STILL impressive.

Thumbs up

Got it... I applogize for the ****ty camera angle, the only way I could place my cell phone camera stable was horizontal. Squat 300 for 5 reps.
    A man of his word. I like that.

Impressive strength too. Well done.

Reps for you buddy.
    Current Stack:

Controlled Labs Red Eyes

Yeah, the weight on that bar was 45, 45 35 and 2.5 plate on each side.

I have done 315 for 5 reps for a week straight, but then the next week for some reason my recovery was ****ty and I couldnt do it, like I ****ed up so badly on my form and didn't have the stamina. So I deloaded to 285, it was hard to set my ego aside, but its working wonders. I also deloaded for my standing mil press, and now with perfect form, i notice bigger front delts.

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by djartek View Post
    no video bro showing up for me
    yes my flash player is giving me crap now have to uninstall re-install damn windows

yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yanksbgood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im glad you posted a video for proof. I wish more teens were as honest as you. You definetly got it. Reps for you.