blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)

Long time coming

I had been a regular around here for quite a few years, and I had made some great friendships and learned a lot, and truly got some great inspiration from a lot of you.

However, a couple years ago, I left. Life got in the way. Things happened.

But, I am back and hope to rekindle some of the old friendships and perhaps make some new ones.

Here is a small bit about me:

I have struggled with my weight most of my life... From the age of 14, I have been heavy, even before then, I was bullied all my life. My height, my nerdiness, my weight... I was beaten up and mentally screwed with almost on a daily basis, by all types of people. The jocks, girls, even other "smart" students. It always seemed like I never fit in anywhere. Even as an adult, I always felt alone, no matter where I was or who I was with. I felt like there were people laughing at me.

About 7 years ago was my breaking point. I was going to do the unthinkable. I stood on the subway platform, right at the tunnel where the train comes in, and stuck my head out, waiting for the train to slam into my head so I can end it all. But, something pulled me back and the train missed me by inches. It was that moment, that started the "rebirth", if you will... I joined a gym, starting at nearly 360 pounds. I went in the early morning, so there would be very few people there, and I worked at it. I would start walking home from work (over 2 hours). I wanted to do anything I could to start feeling better, but even these things did not keep the taunts, the mean spirited words away... from the two guys in the gym whispering thinking I couldn't hear, "look at the tub of lard..." or the carload of teenagers pulling up beside me while walking on the sidewalk shirtless, laughing and spewing out name after name, or the beach volleyball players joking about the "beached whale"... it hurt, I almost quit, but I kept at it. There are days that I struggle, but I continue on...

Today, I am under 280 pounds, I am much stronger and healthier than I have ever been. I have completed a Warrior Dash, a Spartan run, three 5Ks and one half marathon and most importantly of all, I have become a personal trainer myself, so that I can help anyone that feels the way I used to feel... knowing what they have gone through, I want to help people become healthier, stronger, and happier about themselves.
    Brian - journal at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161909473

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals completed: Three 5K's, one half marathon, Spartan Run, and Warrior Dash.

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congratulations on your transformation and accomplishment of becoming a trainer. I'm sure you will be able to draw on the challenges you have faced and use that knowledge to help others that are facing similar circumstances.

FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome resolve, Brian! There are a good number of others on the site who started from similar positions in their lives and totally changed their futures, too.
    Thanks for brining your experience and commitment back to share and to encourage others!

blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Congratulations on your transformation and accomplishment of becoming a trainer. I'm sure you will be able to draw on the challenges you have faced and use that knowledge to help others that are facing similar circumstances.
    Thank you. I don't have a lot of clients yet, but the ones I do have, appreciate the fact that I have been where they are and can empathize with them a little more than past trainers. Some of the stories I have been told about trainers and how they treated them, was shocking.
    Originally Posted by FltDoc06 View Post
    Awesome resolve, Brian! There are a good number of others on the site who started from similar positions in their lives and totally changed their futures, too.
    Thanks for brining your experience and commitment back to share and to encourage others!
    Thank you. I still have my own issues with depression and when I left it was hitting me hard with some of the fellow board members. I think that I have grown a bit more since then and I am ready to come back and do what I can to make the forum a good place to visit.

Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work on the comeback.

Wish you luck!
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Nice work on the comeback.

Wish you luck!
    Much appreciated. Thanks.

SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like you've had quite the personal journey. Glad you made it back. You've clearly learned a lot and I'm sure you'll soon be at the best you've ever been!
    You can spend days, weeks or even months analyzing a situation - just trying to put the pieces together. Justifying what you should've and could've done, and what would've happened ... or you can leave the pieces on the floor and move on.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck and welcome back

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kudos for all your hard work! I agree with the earlier comments, empathy and overcoming your own struggles can help make you a great trainer. Best of luck into the future!

mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlplatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck getting back on the horse!
    " It comes down to a simple choice, get busy living or get busy dying." -- Shawshank Redemption

Originally Posted by SuperZar View Post
    Looks like you've had quite the personal journey. Glad you made it back. You've clearly learned a lot and I'm sure you'll soon be at the best you've ever been!
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Good luck and welcome back
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Kudos for all your hard work! I agree with the earlier comments, empathy and overcoming your own struggles can help make you a great trainer. Best of luck into the future!
    Originally Posted by mlplatt View Post
    Good luck getting back on the horse!
    Thank you everyone! It has been a long road so far. It is only going to get better from here on out.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inspiring story, great transformation. Wishing you all the best with all of your future goals. It takes a ton of inner strength to do what you have done! Keep at it and take whats yours!

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats and keep at it.

People can be real azzholes. It took more ballz to share with us what you did than the people who talk down about/towards you will ever have.

Good luck.
    I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive? - Anonymous

1st PL Comp. in 18 years.
    March 24, 2012
    Squat=410
    Bench=325
    Dead=500
    Total=1235

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #13 -!!!---!!!-

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Amazing story, Brian - so inspiring!
    People can be so cruel, it's really sad you had no one on your side back then. Shows how strong you are for making the best of it all
    You got some great PT certs there and with your history, I bet you make a great personal trainer!
    WTG on helping others with this journey!
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome back my friend.

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice work!
    Welcome back! Good to see you again!

I appreciate this everyone. Thank you so much. Just as I post this I get a cold. Go figure. Will be posting more soon, but I appreciate all of your support.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good thing you pulled your head back: a lot of people on that train might have been hurt! LOL.....

but in a serious vein, an obviously inspiring story, and as you can see, many of us here wish you the best in the future...stay active on here , it will help to motivate you....

get involved in discussions about training and diet: explaining to people keeps you sharp in that it makes you think......
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    good thing you pulled your head back: a lot of people on that train might have been hurt! LOL.....

but in a serious vein, an obviously inspiring story, and as you can see, many of us here wish you the best in the future...stay active on here , it will help to motivate you....

get involved in discussions about training and diet: explaining to people keeps you sharp in that it makes you think......
    thanks John. Once upon a time, I was very active in the forums, and then dealing with my depression and a number of people on here that were less than kind about it... made me want to go away for a bit. I am slowly dipping my toes in right now

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome back and more importantly congratulations on battling your depression as opposed to giving in to it. Your goals listed are awesome and good luck with the triathlon although it sounds like you don't need it

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've had the pleasure of meeting you irl.
    Stand up guy.

Dude travelled an hour each way by train to help me for my competition there, I'll never forget it.

We trained together after my show and if there's anything about you that struck me was that you never give up.

Congrats on your accomplishments Brian, keep going forward my friend!

p.s welcome back to the forum

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good story. One thing I've learned is that people can always make fun of something. If your goal is simply to be in shape so people will stop poking fun, then you won't be happy. You need to decide what you think is amazing for yourself and then go do it. I still get poked fun at occasionally, but that's usually for walking into something or tripping. The poking fun will get worse as my vision declines. Thing is, I used to give a sht, but now I feel sorry for them (if they just laugh that's OK I do too). My physical goals are my own. Here they are.

200 lbs at 8 percent bf, enter and win a long drive contest, and do a flip on a wakeboard. I want those things for me. I'm long past the kids who made fun of the blind deaf kid in middle school. It took a lot of struggles to get to this point, but ultimately, I had to stop giving people power over me. You can and are doing the same thing.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stay Positive and keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone! My next goal is the triathlon so I will be doing a lot of cardio the next 8 weeks. After that, I will be doing a more strength and muscle building program.

Picking up my bike today. Excited to get started on that part of the training.

I have OFFICIALLY signed up for the triathlon (750 metre swim, 20 km. bike, 5 km. run)! July 5th in Muskoka, Ontario. Proceeds are going towards the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto for Cancer research.

My mother passed away from cancer this past December, and my wife was diagnosed with cancer (and since beat it) three years ago.

If anyone is interested in donating, check out... http://pmhf3.akaraisin.com/JoesTeam2014/briansmith

I know it's been a while since I have been on... Here is the story...

June 8th - my 10 year old grandson was killed in a home fire. He was sleeping over at a friend's house and his friend's a**hole of a father, decided to cook at 3am whil pissed drunk, passed out with the stove still on and the place caught fire. He got out his two kids and his daughter's friend, but not my grandson.

June 29th - my grandmother and cousin were both killed in a separate home fire.

July 5th - despite not getting much practice, I completed the sprint triathlon. I was indeed, the last person to have finished the race. However, there were 38 who were not able to finish...

My splits were:
    750 meter swim = 26:29 (222nd out of 271)
    20 km. bike = 1:20:23 (232nd out of 271)
    5 km. run = 48:28 (230th out of 271)
    TOTAL = 2:42:51 (233rd out of 271)

My upcoming physical goal is to do the CN Tower stair climb with my granddaughter. I am also working on putting together an inspiration seminar called DAYS OF INSPIRATION. You can find out about that at www.********.com/doi2014

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way to hang in there despite life's travails. Kudos for not hanging it up.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wsmcasey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not how many times you get knocked down that counts, but how many times you get back up. Keep up the good fight!