Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)

bent over row: where do you feel it?

I've been doing the bent over row for the first time today, the way it's been described on the stronglifts 5*5 website.
    Since I don't have enough credits yet, I can't post a link, sorry for that.

It basically says to execute it exactly as you would on the deadlift with the bar returning to the floor. as I use a lighter weight, I choose to do the same as the rack pull, with my spotter bars at the lowest point of the rack, bending a bit through the knees and keeping my back parallell with the floor.

Even tough I felt some tension in my back (shoulders getting pulled back) after a set, I felt most of the exercise in my arms and especially in my legs (glutes) during the set, and almost nothing in the back.

Is this the correct way or am I doing something wrong here? Where do you guys feel this exercise the most?

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mojoke View Post
    I've been doing the bent over row for the first time today, the way it's been described on the stronglifts 5*5 website.

It basically says to execute it exactly as you would on the deadlift with the bar returning to the floor. as I use a lighter weight, I choose to do the same as the rack pull, with my spotter bars at the lowest point of the rack, bending a bit through the knees and keeping my back parallell with the floor.

Even tough I felt some tension in my back (shoulders getting pulled back) after a set, I felt most of the exercise in my arms and especially in my legs (glutes) during the set, and almost nothing in the back.

Is this the correct way or am I doing something wrong here? Where do you guys feel this exercise the most?
    drop the weight and FOCUS on using your back muscles. sounds like you are using too much muscle to "curl" the weight. I do mine with my palms facing the floor. takes the tension out of the biceps for me

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I dont have my body exactly parrellel with the floor but close, as Hmmm mentioned try to use a weight that you can focus on your back muscles. I do 4 - 5 sets and alternate underhand and overhand grip. I do not set the bar down and reset either, just pause at the bottom. Sqeezing the the upper back on the concentric, pinching shoulder blades back should make you feel it in upper back/lats/rear delts. I also feel it in my hamstrings, but that is more of a flexibility issue that I need to work on.

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I dont have my body exactly parrellel with the floor but close, as Hmmm mentioned try to use a weight that you can focus on your back muscles. I do 4 - 5 sets and alternate underhand and overhand grip. I do not set the bar down and reset either, just pause at the bottom. Sqeezing the the upper back on the concentric, pinching shoulder blades back should make you feel it in upper back/lats/rear delts. I also feel it in my hamstrings, but that is more of a flexibility issue that I need to work on.
    No can do, I already used an empty barbell . I did it with an overhand grip.
    Should I return to my good old seated cable row?

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No can do, I already used an empty barbell . I did it with an overhand grip.
    Should I return to my good old seated cable row?
    can you post a video of you doing it so we can visually check your form?

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watch some vids online to be sure you are using correct form. I would stick with them and try to progress as they are a pretty good coumpound movement for upper back, forearms, anterior delts, even lower back to an extent. Nothing wrong with cable rows either...I just prefer free weights.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You should feel it where you are describing. However, since your arms are going to fatigue before your back, you are going to feel it in the arms before the back is exhausted. Here are some tips:

1. Do the movement with an overhand grip for now. This is good for developing gripping power and for building up forearm/upper arm endurance. Do not use a staggered grip for rows until you reach a more advanced state.
    2. Keep your back flat, your scapula pulled back, and your head up and looking forward.
    3. Control the weight as you lower it. Do not let it fall back to earth.
    4. Try and squeeze your scapula further and open your chest at the top of the movement. Hold it for a second if you can.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should really be working the lats mostly with some bicep. Your abs (transverse), glutes and erector spinae (and even traps as you keep your shoulders down) are there to stabilize the movement.

What I tell people is to lower the shoulders down (away from ears) and bring the bar low to towards the hips while squeezing the shoulder blades together (zip your shoulder blades together). Stick your chest out like you want to chest bump someone with each row. Back is flat (stick your butt out a little when you bend down forward)

Like they said above, you may want to lower the weight or even try with DBs until you really feel it in the back.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTSolutions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Mojoke,

Some exercises might not be for you.
    I don't do barbell rows because I have the same issue.
    I really don't feel them working my back.
    Instead I do seated cable rows and I really feel it working.
    So, mess around and find exercises that work for you.
    Good luck.
    Dan Blumenstock
    Personal Trainer & Blogger

www.BodyTransformationSolutions.com
    www.BigArmsAcademy.com

WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    It sounds like the weight might still be a little heavy and you're not isolating the movement enough to feel it in your back. As suggested above, Try using DB's until you master the movement and strengthen the muscle.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Right below the shoulder blades more to the outside rather than close to the spine.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50) NattyRex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Upper back mostly for me, also I feel it on my rear delts.
    Check out My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/iloveboxing29

Train Insaiyannnnnn

Current lifts: 325/260/430

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doing them from the floor requires a very strong core. I rarely do them that way though they seem to help with the deadlift. The Yates rows put your back in a safer position though I see far too many people doing them wrong. If your rows look like shrugs then you're too upright. I bring the bar just below the knees and back up to the belly button and I feel them in the lats and mid traps.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10) wayneray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    I bring the bar just below the knees and back up to the belly button and I feel them in the lats and mid traps.
    I bring the bar to just below my knees too but I am bringing it back to my chest. Should I be closer to my belly button or is the just a variant of the same movement? As for OP I started out with just the bar for a couple weeks, mostly because I have lower back issues and it seems really heavy. I can do a lot of weight on the seated row but bent over rows I am only doing the bar plus a 5 and 2 1/2 each side.
    Taking it one day at a time.

phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was hurting my lower back when I used the conventional row. With the Yate's BB row, I feel it in my upper back/lat area.

bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I found that when I do barbell rows, I find it easier to isolate the lats and back by using straps, regardless of the weight. Without them, I end up using a lot of bicep/forearm pulling.

The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    2. Keep your back flat, your scapula pulled back, and your head up and looking forward.
    Pastor, how important is keeping your head up?

I used to do that with not only BB rows, but squats, DL, Good Mornings, etc. I found that by keeping my head and neck in line with my spine throughout the movement, it relieved some neck pains (pinched nerve on occasion) I'd get from time-to-time. Do you believe there is making a difference?
    Weight lifting and bodybuilding are not my hobbies. When you eat, sleep, read and think of training today and how you'll train tomorrow, it's not a hobby. It's life.

Bodybuilding is an ever-evolving, changing science. Anyone who thinks weight lifters and bodybuilders are not intelligent, have never read a bodybuilding book, studied the science of diet and muscle, lifted a weight, or spent a day preparing meals and counting their macros.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by The3Bar View Post
    Pastor, how important is keeping your head up?

I used to do that with not only BB rows, but squats, DL, Good Mornings, etc. I found that by keeping my head and neck in line with my spine throughout the movement, it relieved some neck pains (pinched nerve on occasion) I'd get from time-to-time. Do you believe there is making a difference?
    I keep my head up because it puts a natural arch in the back, which I find important when hitting the lats. I put this arch in my back on pullups and pulldowns as well.

I do not believe in keeping the head up on dead lifts, but more in line with the spine.

When doing squats, if I feel myself leaning forward, I make an effort to keep my head up and open my chest as this helps to fix my form.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I switched over to doing the Pendlay Row form of this exercise a couple of months ago, and in doing so I definitely am getting more impact on my lats than previously.

Originally Posted by FltDoc06 View Post
    I switched over to doing the Pendlay Row form of this exercise a couple of months ago, and in doing so I definitely am getting more impact on my lats than previously.
    What is the difference between barbell and pendlay row? Do you mean more of a yates row when you talk about barbell row? I looked at the barbell row again in the stronglifts website, and I think they reallyt mean a pendlay row, returning the bar to the floor each time.
    However, they recommend executing them in an explosive way, I didn't do that, maybe that's also a reason for arm and leg fatigue. I'll try more explosiveness next time. Would this be better Pastor?

I also found, as someone else said, this row really streanous on my lower back during the exercise

What is the difference between barbell and pendlay row? Do you mean more of a yates row when you talk about barbell row? I looked at the barbell row again in the stronglifts website, and I think they reallyt mean a pendlay row, returning the bar to the floor each time.
    However, they recommend executing them in an explosive way, I didn't do that, maybe that's also a reason for arm and leg fatigue. I'll try more explosiveness next time. Would this be better Pastor?

I also found, as someone else said, this row really streanous on my lower back during the exercise
    The pendlay row is a nice exercise. I tend to use it to work very heavy, sometimes even at overload. I would try both variations and see which one you like better. FWIW, I use the same body positioning (90 degrees) when doing either variation.

Ray

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer doing yates rows using an underhand grip.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you do them correctly you will feel them in your lats and 2nd your arms..I always did bent rows..loved'em

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My upper back. I used to feel them in my arms. But I practiced a good bit 2x a week for a few months and learned to pull with my back. Getting used to pulling from the floor puts a lot of strain on many muscle groups. One of the reasons the exercise is so good. Bent over barbell rows aren't really an isolation IMO. Not entirely as so much of the body must be recruited to stabilize the movement.

Be a little patient with them OP. The strains on teh core, glutes, hamstrings, biceps die out a bit as those areas become more capable. Your technique will improve with practice. BB rows are very rewarding.

Last vid FF to 22:30
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

This might sound funny, but even when going through the movement with no weight (bar) at all, I jus't don't feel the stretch from puling my shoulderblade's back the way I feel it when pulling them back standing upright.
    So, I don't think it is a weight issue. Maybe it is normal that as you bent over, you can't pull back the shoulders as much as when you're upright. At least, that's my experience

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stronglifts 5x5 has you doing a Pendlay Row. Back parallel to the floor, a slight bend to your knees, the weight rests on the floor after each rep.

The Bent-over barbell row has the knees slightly bent (but more than a pendlay), and your back at around a 45deg bend. You pull the bar up between your navel and lower chest.

I do the bent over barbell row because I lack the flexibility in my hamstrings to grab the bar from the floor without arching my back or bending my knees too much. I also grab the bar overhand, because I find my biceps work too much if I do an underhand grip.

A good cue is to lift from the elbows. Imagine a string attached to each elbow that is pulling them straight up. As you come up, then squeeze your scapula together.

Either one is good for core work and helps build mass.

lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefield will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oddly I started feeling it in the back when I started concentrating on pulling up at the elbow keeping them close to my sides. When thinking pulling the weight it hit my biceps and I had same effect when thinking back. Mental

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I try to think of pulling my elbows to my hip joints. If i move my elbows back past the center line of my body, then I can feel the tension move from my lats onto my traps and rear delts.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great thread, enjoying all the tips that work for folks...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause