Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welp.... Im one of those lucky SOB's that got 4 day badges to San Diego Comic Con this year!!!!!!! It sold out within an hour. I got tickets within 15 minutes of open registration. I plan to dress up all 4 days in different costumes too. Yes I am that nerdy!

Pictures will be EPIC!!

So excited,lol

Took measurements last night and i am down .8 inches on thighs, and half an inch on both hips and waist. I am on track to hit 112 this week which puts me at my goal of 5 pounds lost for this month. Just taking it one pound at a time, one day at a time.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    O hey look! Made it to page 7, surprised I have made it this far. First journal i have done that lasted more than a few months, lol

So after the excitement of scoring comic con tickets wore off... i bribed my kids last night with pizza.. made them clean and pickup the house so my house is actually clean, laundry put away all cause the kids wanted pizza. Should have figured this out a long time ago!

Had 4 slices of pepperoni and extra cheese... woke up to 114 on the scale.. I call that a win. This week is going to be another busy one. Taught my spin class off bike today, will teach on bike tomorrow and have leg day today. Wednesday im having a keratin treatment done to my hair to try and keep it healthy, friday meeting a friend for lunch, and saturday meeting with some local people into competing.

All my past shows I was surrounded by people doing them too and it was a great support system... and while i have kept in contact with a lot of them... they dont live anywhere near me now. So i was hoping to meet some new people and not feel so alone on this crazy ride. The gym i work at now is not a competitor type gym, which is fine, but that means that there are not many serious people that are going through the same things. So we will see how it goes.

other than that, i have to finish my paper for this week, last live class is tonight, and then im pretty much done with the class.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Cant believe i have been cutting for a month already. So far, down 5 pounds and feeling really good about it. Progress pics for this month:
    feeling more like a competitor

feeling pretty small, and wondering how small i really am going to be at the end. but progressing nicely so cant complain.

So clueless me, ate yogurt last night that was Banana creme pie, without thinking or reading the label. Bananas are the one food that makes me sick as a dog.... so didnt sleep much last night due to stomach cramps like a mofo.. and my stomach is still unsettled today. Gonna go take a nap and hope it helps. The yogurt was delicious though! Macros for it were 1.5 f/ 4c/9p... just need to not get the banana ones...
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Its been a tough and stressful week. I ended up stress eating trying to get all my school work and everything else done. Messed up a few days. Back on track now but i dont think i will see the weight loss i was looking for this week just due to that.

sometimes i dont know what made me think this was a good idea, its a lot going on at once and it does get hard to focus on everything. I messed up on my final exam, missed more than i should have and now im waiting on the prof to grade my research paper, of which i can not lose more than 2 points to remain in the A range. So im sitting with crossed fingers that he is feeling generous.

I am trying to keep my GPA as high as possible in order to have a chance at grad school. I at least want the option, especially if we get sent overseas again. I know how the job market is overseas (competitive and few open positions) so if we go, then i would like to apply for my masters.

Anyways, hoping i get time to workout today... things are so busy right now and this next class is cray cray. Im just trying to survive this class and then the 2 weeks of spring break for the kids....
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

On the #gaintrain Psychdockelly's Avatar
    Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Welp.... Im one of those lucky SOB's that got 4 day badges to San Diego Comic Con this year!!!!!!! It sold out within an hour. I got tickets within 15 minutes of open registration. I plan to dress up all 4 days in different costumes too. Yes I am that nerdy!

Pictures will be EPIC!!

So excited,lol

Took measurements last night and i am down .8 inches on thighs, and half an inch on both hips and waist. I am on track to hit 112 this week which puts me at my goal of 5 pounds lost for this month. Just taking it one pound at a time, one day at a time.
    Lucky! Figure out your cos play outfits yet? Have you read Name of the wind? I want an Adem warrior cosplay outfit

Originally Posted by Psychdockelly View Post
    Lucky! Figure out your cos play outfits yet? Have you read Name of the wind? I want an Adem warrior cosplay outfit
    I havent read Name of the wind yet, i have it on my nook though, Just havent had much time to read outside school work.

I know one day I am going as Poison Ivy. Im more of a Marvel fan but DC has some awesome female villains! I have a portion of the costume now and need to figure out 3 more. The only thing is they have to be comfy and they have to be able to be worn during the heat. So ive gone through a dozen choices all ready.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

On the #gaintrain Psychdockelly's Avatar
    Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I havent read Name of the wind yet, i have it on my nook though, Just havent had much time to read outside school work.

I know one day I am going as Poison Ivy. Im more of a Marvel fan but DC has some awesome female villains! I have a portion of the costume now and need to figure out 3 more. The only thing is they have to be comfy and they have to be able to be worn during the heat. So ive gone through a dozen choices all ready.
    That's awesome! Name of the wind is such a good book. So is the sequel 'A wise man's fear'. Now if Rothfuss would get off his rear and not make us wait another 7 years for book 3 I'd be a happy girl

I can not wait to see pictures. I've always wanted to go to comic con. My husband wants me to go as Xena warrior princess. But I'm not sure I want to spend 10 hours walking around like that, eating lunch etc.etc. lol.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does that mean you dress up in a different costume each day? If so, will you try to have the characters 'relate' to each other in some way? This sounds so cool! I can't wait for pictures either!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Originally Posted by Psychdockelly View Post
    That's awesome! Name of the wind is such a good book. So is the sequel 'A wise man's fear'. Now if Rothfuss would get off his rear and not make us wait another 7 years for book 3 I'd be a happy girl

I can not wait to see pictures. I've always wanted to go to comic con. My husband wants me to go as Xena warrior princess. But I'm not sure I want to spend 10 hours walking around like that, eating lunch etc.etc. lol.
    Started reading name of the wind, im like 6 pages in, so far really good, just dont get enought time to read. I thought about goiing as xena and red sonja too, but like you say... walking around all day like that might not be the best.

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Does that mean you dress up in a different costume each day? If so, will you try to have the characters 'relate' to each other in some way? This sounds so cool! I can't wait for pictures either!

CC
    I am for sure going to do 4 different costumes, still trying to figure them all out. I convinced my hubby to go with me as as Jack Skelington and Sally from Nightmare before christmas. 1 day will be poison Ivy, and im thinking another day i will be peg bundy with my hubby as Al from married with children. its super easy. I just need 1 more.

I know they dont relate at all, its just fun

So the last week and a half have been tough.
    The last weekend of Feb, i messed up on my final exam for the last class, dropped more points than i thought i would and freaked out about my grade. Ended up stress eating, not binging, just not in a deficit and not in macros. Anyways, totally freaked, and thankfully my research paper saved me and I ended up with an A- for the class.

Got back on track with the diet. ended last week at 112. so no gain and no drop.

Then for this week, i have seen my weight fluctuate a lot. This new class is so stressful. ended up driving all over friday to try and do an assignment and ended up with a flat tire thanks to this crazy azz professor...had to get a new tire. Just another stressor.

Had to work on my son's school paper as well as my first paper for this class as well. Turned my paper in on monday, I was sure i was going to fail it, it was so much BS and i felt like it was just dumb, but the prof seemed to like it so I ended up with a perfect score. surprise to me. This week i have a mid term exam due and have to work on my 2nd research paper which is 5 pages with sources.... and its due on the 20th. I feel like i am dying with this class!

Ive been following the new workout plan this week, and i am sore head to toe right now. But, seeing some nice definition come in.. just wish the scale would cooperate as well.

www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great arm pic and progress pics...well done on your paper as well
    Last edited by shelifts234; 03-12-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Originally Posted by shelifts234 View Post
    Great arm pic and progress pics...well done on your paper as well
    Thank you!

made an 81 on my midterm, not super happy with it but not much i can do about it. I am really hating this class and glad we only have a week and a half left. Just hoping for an A- or B at this point.... i dont know the point of this class in the degree program anyways. I mean the topic is interesting and all, but I dont feel like i am learning anything because im more worried about hitting the due dates rather than really getting the info. Because a low grade is better than a 0 if its late.

Anyways, class aside, workouts have been going smoothly. We dropped the volume a bit but its still very challenging. Food has been on point as well, hopefully will finally see 111 tomorrow or friday.

I feel like i am looking good but still with a long way to go.

We are doing a small pageant for my daughter this weekend. Its about an hour and a half away and so i decided to get a hotel room and let the kids swim while i chill in the hot tub friday night. Gonna get away and maybe a change of scenery and changing things up a bit will help lift some stress. Saturday will be the pageant and we will be home by that evening.

I have my 5 page report due this week, so gonna finish that tonight. Im about half way done with the whole thing. Gonna get led day done as well and thats it. Tommorow will be the kids karate day, they have belt testing next week but i dont think they will move up, i think they need more time, but we will see.

Got to skype with my hubby yesterday, which was great! I am so ready for this deployment to end. I warned him i would probably be super clingy for a while after he comes home, not my usual thing but this has been a rough one. its the longest one we have ever had to do and i keep thinking if this was a "regular" one we would have been done by now. I am so hoping its our last one, but it is what it is.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Spent the majority of today at the pageant with my daughter, she won for her age division and qualified for the state pageant.

Been talking with my trainers over the last few days and I am not going to be doing a show for now. Right now the stress is pretty high and its affecting my weight/body so they felt like its not the right time and I have to agree. Just too much going on right now and I can tell that my head is not in the game, im just too stretched.

So we are going back to recomp/build mode with the goal to build while not seeing much change scale wise. Its ok, im having a lot of fun with my kids and we have 2 more pageants and then after that we will travel to see family, and then comic con... so its not like we dont have a busy schedule all ready.

Hopefully I will continue to see changes in body comp as I have been. I mean I am the same weight as when i started with my trainers last july and I have made some nice changes. It may not be fast but its real and its been maintainable which is important.

I do know that by listening to my trainers, I am confident when i do step on stage, i wont need a super long prep, i will be the best me, and i wont rebound....so there are only positives to waiting.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Been a few days, ate a bunch of carbs and was able to get some good sleep. Right now I feel well rested and energized which is nice. Worked on trying to chill and get rid of the stress feelings. Sorta worked i guess.

Had spin this morning, made people puke. Dont know whether to be proud or feel bad...0_o It was a met con/HIIT kinda workout and i warned them last week that we would be doing it. And always caution the class to push only as far as they need. So feel like i cant help if people dont listen, but still...

Have a nice lifting workout to do tonight along with homework for this class. last bit of homework and then final is in a few days. Just trying to push through it.

Funny thing is... after all the foodz that i have had... im at 112.6 today. not too shabby...

And, got an email today from the person i am helping that has PCOS, she is down 13lbs in 6weeks, pants she bought last month no longer fit, and she is buying shirts a size smaller than normal. It feels good cause a mutual aquaintence had roped her into buying and selling advocare, yet she never saw weight loss from any of that. Thats why she asked me to help.

Anywhoo... its gonna be a busy rest of the day.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

The last few weeks have been rough. been dealing with sick kids and then me sick too. Just now getting over it. Not really feeling it this week, but im going to attempt a workout tonight and see how far i get with it.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh dear - that is rough.

Hope the bug leaves the house soon!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Oh dear - that is rough.

Hope the bug leaves the house soon!

CC
    Thank you.
    I think we are over it and I hope it doesnt come back. It has not been fun.

I was able to get through my workout, though i dropped the weights a bit and took it slow. It felt good to get back on track. Unfortunately, i dropped to 110lbs as of yesterday morning. I dont like dropping weight when that was not the goal. But nothing can be done but get back on macros and lifting.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shelifts234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you.
    I think we are over it and I hope it doesnt come back. It has not been fun.

I was able to get through my workout, though i dropped the weights a bit and took it slow. It felt good to get back on track. Unfortunately, i dropped to 110lbs as of yesterday morning. I dont like dropping weight when that was not the goal. But nothing can be done but get back on macros and lifting.
    Glad your all feeling better. Hope most of the weight loss is water and you get back on track soon

Man its been a while, but its been busy.

Been working out and weight is up to 112 again. Most things are going pretty well. We did another pageant for both kids last weekend, and they did pretty well. We have a state pageant for my daughter this next weekend and we will travel to Fresno. Im looking forward to the pageant but not the drive.

Finished up my class today for Human resource management. It was interesting though i pretty much hated how the instructor ran the class. Whoever heard a teacher say if you turn an assignment in early you lose points, but late you dont get graded?? like it has to be on a specific day and time or she basically wouldnt accept it. Which made my life hell for the last 4 weeks. Anyways, all work is turned in now so im waiting on the final grade.

Just been trying to keep up with everything and continue to grind out the workouts and nutrition which is why i havent been on much. Trainers say they can see some more density in my muscle tone, and they think that slowing the cardio was a good idea. I certainly feel "thicker" and can see some progress so hopefully can just keep swimming.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man its been a while, but its been busy.

Been working out and weight is up to 112 again. Most things are going pretty well. We did another pageant for both kids last weekend, and they did pretty well. We have a state pageant for my daughter this next weekend and we will travel to Fresno. Im looking forward to the pageant but not the drive.

Finished up my class today for Human resource management. It was interesting though i pretty much hated how the instructor ran the class. Whoever heard a teacher say if you turn an assignment in early you lose points, but late you dont get graded?? like it has to be on a specific day and time or she basically wouldnt accept it. Which made my life hell for the last 4 weeks. Anyways, all work is turned in now so im waiting on the final grade.

Just been trying to keep up with everything and continue to grind out the workouts and nutrition which is why i havent been on much. Trainers say they can see some more density in my muscle tone, and they think that slowing the cardio was a good idea. I certainly feel "thicker" and can see some progress so hopefully can just keep swimming.
    Your last pics look amazing. Can't wait to see new ones. Looking like a competitor for SURE.

Be proud of making people puke in your spin class. That means you're doing it right. Haha.
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Calf press: 115
    Squats: 135
    Deads: 185
    SLDL: 125
    Overhead press: 60
    Bicep curls: 40
    Bench: 75

Originally Posted by TorreTornado View Post
    Your last pics look amazing. Can't wait to see new ones. Looking like a competitor for SURE.

Be proud of making people puke in your spin class. That means you're doing it right. Haha.
    Aww thanks! Not feeling like i look anything at the moment, sore all over right now!

And i know some people get really intimidated by spin and if you make them puke, they never come back. I would rather make people love spin than be the reason why they think its "too intense"... but we do work hard at it.

Macros for yesterday were 127p/128c/38f and i have a feeling this week we will be adding in more carbs.

Leg day the other day has kicked my azz, everything hurts and im walking all penguin like. Had to teach off the bike yesterday just because my legs hurt too much.

Last night was chest day and I felt it went really well, got it done in 45 minutes and the only thing i dont like are the pushups. my chest just feels off with them and i dont know if its the feeling that is the issue or if its the movement. Gonna have to experiment.

Other than that, its going to be a busy day!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

So far this has been a stressful and busy week.

Tuesday the kids had gymnastics and then we went straight to meet my daughters pageant coach. Not only is she a pageant coach but she is a hair and makeup artist and does tanning for comps. So I plan to work with her for my comps as well. She has all ready given me some ideas on how to improve my walk too, overall I call it a win.

My daughter is going to a state pageant this weekend. she qualified for this one back in march, and its going to be interesting. We leave tomorrow, pageant is all day saturday, and then we will be back on sunday. She has interview, talent, and part wear (evening wear).

I was able to get my workout in on tuesday and that went well. My macros were 125p/120c/36f

Yesterday macros were 116p/140c/38f.

I bought plane tickets to go home and visit family, booked hotel rooms for our trip to vegas, and set my fall class schedule. My class schedule is looking to be the hardest part yet. Biomedical stats, accounting, legal issues in healthcare, and intro to epidemiology (which i have already taken a higher level epid's class). After that, its all healthcare and management classes, which i am really looking forward to.

I ended up with a migraine last night, so i missed my workout. I cant workout with a migraine, lifting just makes them worse, and this one was bad enough.

Today will be another busy day. i have a million things to do to get ready to leave tomorrow, i need to do my class work, do some house cleaning, and the kids have karate and homework later. Yeah, its gonna be a lil cray cray up in here.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

It has been really busy here.

This weekend, went to Fresno for my daughters pageant, she won regional queen, and walked out with 3 crowns, 3 sashes, 3 trophies, a robe and a scepter. She keeps the title for a year and then crowns the new queen next year. She is having a blast doing it and I love watching her grow in confidence.

Came back home and getting back on routine. Nutrition is going well, workouts ok, been tired and catching up in rest.

Im in a new class for school, its not so bad this time. I have another research paper due in 2 weeks, so i am going to spend this weekend working on it and hopefully getting the bulk of it done.

Im going to attempt to get progress pics tomorrow.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know the pics are from Feb, but gotta say you look fantastic in them! Congrats to your daughter on her pageant. Sounds like you've got a pretty busy schedule, good on you for being able to keep up with all of that.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    I know the pics are from Feb, but gotta say you look fantastic in them! Congrats to your daughter on her pageant. Sounds like you've got a pretty busy schedule, good on you for being able to keep up with all of that.
    Thanks! we have a busy schedule, but i would rather be busy than sitting here and doing nothing. Just have to have a schedule is all.

All right, progress pics in, not too bad, i do see some progress. And i think its pretty decent considering im back to 117 since feb...and looks like i leaned out a tiny bit as well.

Also, added carbs in now back up to 150g. should see it go up in a week or two. Been pretty hungry lately and thats a good sign.

Otherwise, just going to keep on keepin on. keep working and getting closer to what i want to be.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Man, its been about a month since i have posted in here. There has just been so much going on.

The kids have had events going on almost every weekend. School for me got tough with taking these last 2 classes. Both are economics, which i find so boring, so its harder for me to get "in to" the material. Had a research paper and a final due at the same time, so i was really stressed about that since i didnt do too hot on the midterm. Ended up with a perfect grade on the paper, my paper linked obesity with economic policies. I ended last class with an 89.86 and since my school doesnt round up, i end up with a B+ on my transcript. I am having to learn to be ok with that and not having an A. Its hard because a part of me knows i am capable of getting the A and should have that. So i have to learn to stop trying to be so perfect.

And then add to it that we finally ended a 10 month deployment for the hubby. I am currently the ombudsman for the command, which is a whole other level of stress, since people usually only contact me when there is a crisis of theirs that I am expected to deal with. So with a few weeks of the deployment, everything goes wrong and my phone and email where blowing up. So i was busy taking care of other people's issues along with my own.

Now that hubby is home (YAY!!!!) it brings with it a whole other set of problems to deal with. We are getting my car fixed, but now hubby wants to sell it since he thinks the regular maintenance would be too much. I wasnt looking forward to having a monthly car payment again since we can not be a 1 car family. I am getting no sleep taking him to work every morning right now.

Ive been fighting a fun cold for the last week. Finally today i feel better, cough is gone, throat isnt sore. I am sure the stress has had something to do with it

In about 10 days we leave to go visit family. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but not looking forward to how difficult eating and training will be. Since 1) my fam loves to takes us out to eat all the time when we are home, and 2) my fam lives in the boonies and the closest gym is about a 30 min drive. So its going to be a difficult time to find balance.

I havent been training or eating well as it is. But i am working on getting back on track today. Ive got another photo shoot booked in about 6 weeks so i really need to get myself back on the ball.

I plan on taking at least a month off from work and resigning as ombudsman as well. I need to drop some of the crazy and deal with some other junk we got going on around here.

Oh and hey, the navy finally made a decision on the homeport situation and the command is officially changing home ports, we are just waiting for them to decide if that means we will pick orders a few months early and move early or pick orders on the same time frame or not. The navy is a lot of "wait and see".

So yeah, been a bit crazy over the last few weeks. But sometimes thats just how it goes. So hopefully can get back on track a bit and get ready for this photo shoot. Its pinup/retro inspired so its going to be fun!!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Wanted to add for today:
    I havent been weighing weekly like normal but still stepped on the scale every now and then. Saw it go as high as just above 120. Mostly, i was like "meh.. carbs".

Weighed this morning (normal weigh day) and after 1 day of being on track with the diet, was 117 on the scale. Which means no weight gained in a month, even though tracking was off and i was no where near "clean".

It shows that there should be no freak outs over a few pounds.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

I dont know why the old myth is still here that to get anywhere you have to stick to the plain ol chicken, broccoli, and brown rice with the occasional tilapia or tuna thrown in for fun. My only guess is that it is easy to have no imagination and trainers can more easily sell this kind of BS.

So this was my dinner tonight:

Spare ribs with homemade coleslaw and carrots. I love the carrots when they cook with the meat, gives it a nice beefy flavor and doesnt feel like you are eating veggies. And the sauce for the coleslaw is based on greek yogurt, so a little extra protein there as well.

Recipe is on my blog and is one of the favorites in my house.
    I need to add more recipes and organize them a little better.

And I have so many more new ones to work on. No need to be boring or bland and these dont really change even when im cutting. I enjoy finding new recipes and keeping things fresh and tasty.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

I took a free meal last night. Normally I would not have taken a free meal this soon after getting back on track but we made it a date night for me and my hubby. First night in over a year, maybe more, that we have been child free. So it was worth it.

We went out to try a new bar b que place that just opened up. It was ok food wise, not authentic bbq, but then its hard to find in cali. But it was overall a good night just to be able to talk with him and enjoy a meal, sans kids.

Still had to take him to work at 5:30 this morning though.

Weighed this morning to see what the "damage" was from the meal.... and was 116 on the scale. Somehow dropped a pound even with the free meal. I call that a win.

Im not really looking to go on a big cut, but in light of the photo shoot, im not opposed to losing a few pounds. Besides, we are going to see family and then to vegas in the next 2 weeks, i dont expect that cutting would be smart right now.

But anyways, to have a nice night with the hubby and lose a pound was still pretty great!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

This week has been pretty easy and really nice. Cant believe how much stress is taken away just by having another adult in the house who can help. Nutrition has been pretty much on point.

Taught my last spin class for this week and wont have one again for a while. I can feel that my body needs a break from it and i need to shake some things up. I need to do something a bit different for a while although i know when i go back to it, I will be saddle sore. Always hate that part.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

In Las Vegas this morning. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:40 am, but has since been rescheduled to tomorrow. So here I sit cooling my heels while everyone else is still asleep.

I got up at 5 this morning to be ready, it takes me forever to get ready, then got the notice that the flight got moved. So, Im wide awake waiting for everyone else to wakeup. At least I get some quiet to write!

Usually i would be teaching a spin class right about now, so Im not even sure what to do with myself.

I spoke with my trainers and we are going to change up my training for these 2 weeks, hoping to get in the gym 3 x a week for the next 2 weeks, then kick it up to 5x a week for the summer while the kids are with thier grand parents.

I know it sounds crazy to go to the gym on vacation, but i dont want to lose time, and I will be eating "bad" enough that I might as well put the extra cals to good use. Besides, i need the hour break from the fam. There is a reason I like to stay 2000 miles away

yesterday weighed in at 120.... thanks to bloaty mcbloaty mess that is TOM. Although, walking the vegas strip last night, and being on the beach on sat sure made me feel much better about my size/weight. I mean, i get this is las vegas and all... but aint nobody wearing clothes here!

And my poor son, "mom, so is it ok to walk around in your underwear here?".... and all we were doing was trying to find something to eat!

We ended up eating at Guy Fieri's, which was super good, but probably not on my plan. I thought I chose as well as I could. Had the pulled pork sandwich and skipped the fires (mostly! had a few, lol). But otherwise I did well all day on nutrition so didnt feel too bad about dinner.

I will get some pics up later.

Dont have a clue what we are going to do with the rest of the day while we are cooling our heels and waiting on the stupid plane.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps