Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal trainer motivation!

Thanks for reading my post! This isn't a thread for personal trainers getting motivation, it's a thread for clients looking to get that motivation and to say thanks to personal trainers, I guess that's motivation for trainers also lol

I weigh 305 pounds, thinking about hiring a personal trainer to train with 2x a week. It's a little pricey but I have goals and I know my lazy butt isn't going to go to the gym by myself.

Any motivation for my journey?
    Keep motivated & develop good habits.

* check out my nutrition log *

May 12/2014 - 306lbs
    May 18/2014 - 301lbs

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    congrats on starting your goal.

As for motivation, that must come from within. WHY are you doing this? dig deep and find the real emotional reasons why. Thats your motivation right there.

training12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) training12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dig deep and find the real emotional reasons why. Thats your motivation right there. thanks
    <a href="http://www.cmcindustrialtraining.com">industrial training in chandigarh</a>

training12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) training12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by training12345 View Post
    dig deep and find the real emotional reasons why. Thats your motivation right there from here . thanks
    <a href="http://www.cmcindustrialtraining.com">industrial training in chandigarh</a>

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Keeganic View Post
    Thanks for reading my post! This isn't a thread for personal trainers getting motivation, it's a thread for clients looking to get that motivation and to say thanks to personal trainers, I guess that's motivation for trainers also lol

I weigh 305 pounds, thinking about hiring a personal trainer to train with 2x a week. It's a little pricey but I have goals and I know my lazy butt isn't going to go to the gym by myself.

If you have already decided this, then you aren't going to get anywhere. There's likely absolutely nothing preventing you from going to a gym or exercising at home besides a lazy attitude, which is probably what got you to 305 pounds in the first place. I'm sure this has probably carried over to other areas of your life as well.

Did I make you mad? Great. Now go do something about it and stop wasting time writing words on a screen.

timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a little pricey but I have goals and I know my lazy butt isn't going to go to the gym by myself.

I'm fully with woofienugget. If you're already stating your lazy butt won't go to the gym by itself, what are you expecting?

Excuse my sarcasm but will the trainer call to your house with their forklift to carry you? If you're going into this you need to be able to have the complete motivation to get off the couch/bed and out the door on your own steam. What if your trainer is too busy to babysit and call you to make sure you're going to turn up? Will you be happy to still pay for sessions that are non refundable because you decide to cancel inside an agreed time frame?
    Active IQ Level 3 Personal Trainer & Nutritional Advisor.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I disagree with everyone else on here. As someone who made a living motivating guys to follow me into combat, I see a great opportunity here.

A good personal trainer will evaluate your present physical condition, tailor a workout for you, show you how to SAFELY perform the exercises, explain the results which can be attained, and serve as a sounding board/consultant for any fitness related questions you may have. This, in itself, can be very motivating.

Seeing one's body change for the better can increase anyone's motivation.

Just remember that what you do outside the gym is just as important as what you do in the gym.
    NASM-CPT

Fitness Tracking Pro TrendingUpward's Avatar
    TrendingUpward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also try training with a partner, sometimes he will help you more than your PT

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChessGuy View Post
    I disagree with everyone else on here. As someone who made a living motivating guys to follow me into combat, I see a great opportunity here.

A good personal trainer will evaluate your present physical condition, tailor a workout for you, show you how to SAFELY perform the exercises, explain the results which can be attained, and serve as a sounding board/consultant for any fitness related questions you may have. This, in itself, can be very motivating.

Seeing one's body change for the better can increase anyone's motivation.

Just remember that what you do outside the gym is just as important as what you do in the gym.
    Unfortunately whilst that sounds good on paper, most client's don't find the workout in itself motivating. The motivation must come from within themselves, their need to change as a person. Motivation comes from your energy as a trainer, your personality and rapport with a client. Funnily enough, even when some client's body's change DRAMATICALLY, they still aren't that motivated in some aspects that you would assume they would be. It's interesting. Not everyone is a fitness person though.

There's an old saying in the industry - they don't pay for the workout, they pay for the support and for someone to listen to their problems.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keeganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I start my first session of 8 tomorrow night, gonna be dripping sweat everywhere.

To the homos hating, you don't know **** about me lol don't assume things, it makes you look stupid.

May 12/2014 - 306lbs
    May 18/2014 - 301lbs

I start my first session of 8 tomorrow night, gonna be dripping sweat everywhere.

To the homos hating, you don't know **** about me lol don't assume things, it makes you look stupid.
    To the people giving motivation, thanks. I hired a personal trainer because I am a little intimidated by the gyms, watching a fat guy workout probably amuses people, or going on forums to be negative is their forte lol.

I used to go to the gym all the time when I was 17 and played midget AA hockey. I put the weight back on, now I'm trying to get back into the fitness lifestyle.

May 12/2014 - 306lbs
    May 18/2014 - 301lbs

timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timk81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the people giving motivation, thanks. I hired a personal trainer because I am a little intimidated by the gyms, watching a fat guy workout probably amuses people, or going on forums to be negative is their forte lol.

I used to go to the gym all the time when I was 17 and played midget AA hockey. I put the weight back on, now I'm trying to get back into the fitness lifestyle.
    There's no need for the hating homo stuff. No one was hating or whatever you like to say. For hating homos go to misc. this section is for professionals or people wanting to become professionals.
    What I said was a reaction to your statement about not going to the gym on your own steam.
    From a personal point I plan on training people in a very private setting who would otherwise be too intimidated to go to the gym.
    I'm delighted you got a trainer. Good luck with your goals. No one laughs at the fat people and 18% is not exactly big.

Tim
    Active IQ Level 3 Personal Trainer & Nutritional Advisor.