Closed Thread
Page 41 of 299 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 8945
    VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by obmas View Post
    i started on youtube tutorials when i got my first DSLR in late 2012.

most important thing is to know how to use the 3 main exposure settings: shutterspeed, aperture, and ISO.

That is the camera i am using for my infrared stuff. And my tips would be:

1. use no higher than ISO400.
    2. keep aperture around f/8-f/11
    3. Try to use as fast of a shutterspeed as you can
    4. high recommend the use of a speedlite + diffuser (unless all you do is outdoor stuff) because your pics will likely turn out dark (underexposed)
    5. when you look through the viewfinder there is little meter in the corner. you want to play around with the three settings until the mark lands in the middle or close to it.
    5. shoot pictures in RAW/jpeg format
    6. buy lightroom! no good pictures come straight of the camera looking amazing. some might disagree with that, but IMO pictures need to be post-processed and all professional pics have been to some extent.
    ^^although i may have slight disagreement with 6, I think these are all great tips.

To add: Don't overthink things, just go out and shoot. Keep on shooting. Regardless of what you do or shoot, overtime you will improve.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gadiper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Boakey View Post
    Nice B&W.
    I like the scene , could have been a better image if it wasnt distorted - check out your angles when using wide lenses.

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by G00S3 View Post
    I think that is a fantastic shot. Did the newlyweds not like it?
    Thanks! No, they like it! Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Great shot Marcus. I could see it also working in B&W.
    Thanks! I'll try it. Hopefully, it'll make the stars pop a bit more.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great shot Marcus. I could see it also working in B&W.

Lulz. We often look like plonkers carrying this gear around. Just focus on the end result.
    some of us are rolling it..

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Foques View Post

[img]http://www.foquesphoto.com/img/s5/v133/p980756510-5.jpg[img]
    Mirin.

Foques, I can't remember if you've done this already but you should list everything you carry with you on a shoot like that.

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wow.

Just wow.

Nice setup tho.

My next investment will be some lighting.

And a laptop that I can actually carry around for editing.

Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Foques has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirin.

Foques, I can't remember if you've done this already but you should list everything you carry with you on a shoot like that.

On a con shoots,
    D700 (d300s as a backup)/memory cards/batteries/sb900
    12-24
    24-70
    70-200
    85 1.2
    3 ABs/triggers
    Octabox
    BD/sock
    Light stands
    Arm
    Reflectors
    AB grids
    vagabonds
    sandbags

that's because i'm a lazy f^ck, and want to have all my stuff on hand - my con shoots typically last 7-12 hours.

Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And one more diorama dog shot. Sadie missed her sister at home and so she ventured to find her. She sniffed out Darci's whereabouts in Africa and is hot on her trail.

While you live, shine
    Don't suffer anything at all;
    Life exists only a short while
    And time demands its toll.

B - 255 lbs
    S - 355 lbs
    D - 405 lbs

^^^lol thats funny.
    Fuark i'm mad that B&H said my package was supposed to come today with my lenses and gear...but they lagged and now i'm gonna get it tomorrow.

Thing is, i may not be able to get it tomorrow...signature required and i will be working+no one at home for whole day.

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    ^^^lol thats funny.
    Fuark i'm mad that B&H said my package was supposed to come today with my lenses and gear...but they lagged and now i'm gonna get it tomorrow.

Thing is, i may not be able to get it tomorrow...signature required and i will be working+no one at home for whole day.
    Pff, like you have to go to work yo? Seriously, you can always change the delivery for an extra fee or ask to hold it at the station for later pickup.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MissChill View Post
    Hai Photography people. I've just brought a Canon EOS 400D - I'm a complete noob but want to start taking my own pics to go with articles that I write. Mainly landscapes, sunsets, scenery perhaps some close ups of flowers and the like. Signed up to a beginners class which starts next week which is why I kinda just jumped in and got me a camera. Anyone have experience with that camera? I did do some research and made sure it had the upgraded lense 18-55mm (IS).
    Hello and Welcome! Some advice regarding equipment from one noob to another. Equipment can get expensive fast and picking and choosing where to invest is important. Other then a tripod (because you are doing scenery/landscapes) get a month or so shooting with the basic kit lens before considering another purchase. You may find for a blog or site, that the basic kit lens is more than enough to handle your needs. If you catch the photography bug, you will be in a much better place in 2 months to really figure out what you need, what you want and where to spend.

Do you need more focal length?
    Do you need more sharpness?
    Do you want convenience or quality?

IMO, your first investment should definitely be a quality tripod. I also think Lightroom would be a wise investment. I decided on the Photoshop / Lightroom subscription at $10 a month. As a novice... you'll have a tendency to over process... I have to reign it back a bit myself often and not go overboard.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 06-10-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Pff, like you have to go to work yo? Seriously, you can always change the delivery for an extra fee or ask to hold it at the station for later pickup.
    I actually didn't think of that...calling UPS now.

Man, if i had the energy I would just drive into NYC to pick up all the gear same day.
    2 hour drive from work, make it there before b&H closes, then enjoy a nice beer in NYC, then head home.

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much traveling (hiking) do you do to get all these shots? Are these the sites you come across for work or is it recreational?
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Be wondering that myself for some time now. I figure you guys don't want to give out all your secrets?
    This particular hike took the whole day and was about 10 miles in total.

Not easy by any means. There was:

- Bears
    - Cliffs and treacherous terrain
    - Moving through alder trees (these can be very dense)
    - Scaling rocks covered in slippery moss
    - Crossing a fast moving creek of 38 degree water up to your waist (my tendons started to cramp on the crossing)

Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    This particular hike took the whole day and was about 10 miles in total.

Not easy by any means. There was:

- Bears
    - Crossing a fast moving creek of 38 degree water up to your waist (my tendons started to cramp on the crossing)

atleast you didn't have to drink your own piss.......yet

But that is honestly the fun is the journey of taking the photos..

Do stay safe tho.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    - Bears
    Jelly. Srs.

I know where to look for advice when I move into my first winter hikes up here. The mountains here are not as menacing, but the weather is unpredictable at best. I believe some of the mountains here still have land based wind record speeds at over 230 mph.

atleast you didn't have to drink your own piss.......yet
    SOON!

mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gadiper View Post
    I like the scene , could have been a better image if it wasnt distorted - check out your angles when using wide lenses.
    Thanks for pointing that out.The other angles I did had similar results.

In editing, I tried correcting the edge distortion as well as the horison having a slight bend. Occasionnally I think "Yeah that looks good to me" and that's it.

tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - Bears
    Have you ever been face to face with a bear? Have you ever pepper sprayed one, feigned death, or wrestled with one??

I'm getting my stuff tomorrow too! Hopefully.

Originally Posted by tunafishriot View Post
    I'm getting my stuff tomorrow too! Hopefully.
    Cheers. I'll post my purchase if you post yours :P.

Eitherway. @Bokeh- fstoppers has some good articles....i wish it was just a bit more SFW!

tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cheers. I'll post my purchase if you post yours :P.
    Will post pics if I remember to do so!

On a con shoots,
    D700 (d300s as a backup)/memory cards/batteries/sb900
    12-24
    24-70
    70-200
    85 1.2
    3 ABs/triggers
    Octabox
    BD/sock
    Light stands
    Arm
    Reflectors
    AB grids
    vagabonds
    sandbags

that's because i'm a lazy f^ck, and want to have all my stuff on hand - my con shoots typically last 7-12 hours.
    Das it mane. How heavy are your sandbags? You put this all in one roller? What roller do you use?

D700 (d300s as a backup)
    85 1.2

Will post pics if I remember to do so!

Das it mane. How heavy are your sandbags? You put this all in one roller? What roller do you use?

The whole roller ends up being around 140lbs. Lenses and cameras are in my backpack. Roller is custom made, I modified the Dewalt carrier for this.

Good catch on the 85mm, my apologies. I did use the canon's 1.2l with an adapter ring, but since replaced it with an 85mm 1.4 nikkor

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mitch2147 View Post
    n editing, I tried correcting the edge distortion as well as the horison having a slight bend. Occasionally I think "Yeah that looks good to me" and that's it.
    Photoshop CS6+ has a wealth of fixes designed just for this type of thing.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

Wow, in the last 5 or so years I hiatus'd from photography, I just got awared cannon has taken an upper edge on nikon in the prosumer+ field.

Not that it matters to me since I'm still happy with my d90, and i plan on using it for atleast 2 years more, but....

Damn, i got alot to catch up on.

Hoping to stay loyal to my nikon.

Wow, in the last 5 or so years I hiatus'd from photography, I just got awared cannon has taken an upper edge on nikon in the prosumer+ field.

Not that it matters to me since I'm still happy with my d90, and i plan on using it for atleast 2 years more, but....

Damn, i got alot to catch up on.

Hoping to stay loyal to my nikon.
    if anything, the field got even.

That's not what I've been hearing from this thread lol.

I do enjoy the perks of having red rings and Magic Lantern though. Now all I need is an anti-alias filterless sensor and video autofocus on my 5DIII.

The whole roller ends up being around 140lbs. Lenses and cameras are in my backpack. Roller is custom made, I modified the Dewalt carrier for this.
    That's awesome. I would like to have something like that too

Good catch on the 85mm, my apologies. I did use the canon's 1.2l with an adapter ring, but since replaced it with an 85mm 1.4 nikkor
    Was the adapter'd 1.2L not good?

if anything, the field got even.
    I got lots to catch up on
    The last thing I remember is blah blah d90 is revolutionary since it can shoot video.
    And that's basically it

Now dsrls are At 24 mp plus which is awesome since I love printing huge.

And them sensors improved vastly I heard

Luckily the d90 may be retired but isn't outdated or else is be screwed

knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knot4reel91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haven't posted ITT in a while, but here's a shot from Memorial Day.

Attached Images
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    Love this shot! Mind sharing how you got it? Is it more than one image? If not did you just use a long shutter speed and only turn the light on for a second?
    Movie Man
    Book Brah
    Game Guy
    Bike Boyo

That's awesome. I would like to have something like that too

Was the adapter'd 1.2L not good?
    given the labor/materials/shipping, this whole thing would run around ~600$

The adaptered version was awesome, BUT I had a poverty adapter which cock-blocked the autofocus. I was missing more shots than I was getting.

given the labor/materials/shipping, this whole thing would run around ~600$
    Welp... Looks like I'm sticking to natural light and bouncing my speedlight lol.

The adaptered version was awesome, BUT I had a poverty adapter which cock-blocked the autofocus. I was missing more shots than I was getting.
    That's too bad, brah. You still have the 1.2L on hand? I can take care of it for you until you feel like switching back to Canon.

Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    I liked this image from a few weeks ago, but man did it blow up. It's hilarious because I'll post an image I think it going to do very well and it won't. I can't figure people out.

http://i.imgur.com/PGxZTMK.jpg
    Very cool shot! The green tinge kinda bothers me though. Maybe try black and white?

Closed Thread