sgy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will 5x5 be enough to get SIZE for skinny guys ?

Started at 132 lbs to bodybuilding 3 months ago , now 148 lbs.I'm at 1.80 height , 23 years old.But still I'm skinny.My bones are extremely small , my wrist is thinner than a 15 year kid.I need to get SIZE and weight as fast as possible.

I made adaptation full body programs in my first 2 months(no compound exercises).Then I turned into ICF 5x5 full body program , 3 days a week.I read a lot on the forum , most say that full body 5x5 programs are best choice for beginners , till to get a lot of strength.I just do the ICF 5x5 for 3-4 weeks.People say that 5x5 programs are not good for size.But my main goal is SIZE , to get bigger and get rid of from my skinny shape.In fact as long as I can get size , I wouldn't care about strength.I can't see that I'm growing enough with this 5x5 programs.My strength is going up , but grow is very slow.I don't feel my arms and shoulders are getting bigger.Doing all big 5 compound, but still worry about that this 5x5 program will not provide size as splits provide.

BTW , I'm the only one who do 5x5 at my gym.5x5 programs are not popular in some european countries, even trainer of the gym doesnt know about it.They all do splits are 2 month.When I show his to ICF 5x5 program he said this will not be as good as splits , but I started to ICF , because I trust this forum more than gym trainers.

Now I can't decide , it is very close to summer and I want to look a bit better in tshirts , don't expect to bump so fast of course , but my biceps is just 31-32 cm and would be happy if I can take a few cm on it.It looks like 5x5 programs are not good to get size to me , am I wrong ? Looking forward to your thoughts.

sgy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ferello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5x5 should slap size on you specially icf 5x5 stick at it and you see results, dont do a split and dont listen to personal trainers.

Unobtanium Account User Loneyboy's Avatar
    Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loneyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stronglifts 5x5 was really good for putting on size with me. the strength gains were great. one of the best things about it is that the strength helps you build muscle better afterwards when you move onto something more size-focused. just eat as much as you can, make sure you're getting lots of fat and protein in your diet and you'll be good. gains are much slower than you wish man, haha.
    September 2010: 100 pounds
    Time to make some gains!

tendency has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sgy1111 View Post
    Started at 132 lbs to bodybuilding 3 months ago , now 148 lbs.I'm at 1.80 height , 23 years old.But still I'm skinny.My bones are extremely small , my wrist is thinner than a 15 year kid.I need to get SIZE and weight as fast as possible.

I made adaptation full body programs in my first 2 months(no compound exercises).Then I turned into ICF 5x5 full body program , 3 days a week.I read a lot on the forum , most say that full body 5x5 programs are best choice for beginners , till to get a lot of strength.I just do the ICF 5x5 for 3-4 weeks.People say that 5x5 programs are not good for size.But my main goal is SIZE , to get bigger and get rid of from my skinny shape.In fact as long as I can get size , I wouldn't care about strength.I can't see that I'm growing enough with this 5x5 programs.My strength is going up , but grow is very slow.I don't feel my arms and shoulders are getting bigger.Doing all big 5 compound, but still worry about that this 5x5 program will not provide size as splits provide.

BTW , I'm the only one who do 5x5 at my gym.5x5 programs are not popular in some european countries, even trainer of the gym doesnt know about it.They all do splits are 2 month.When I show his to ICF 5x5 program he said this will not be as good as splits , but I started to ICF , because I trust this forum more than gym trainers.

Now I can't decide , it is very close to summer and I want to look a bit better in tshirts , don't expect to bump so fast of course , but my biceps is just 31-32 cm and would be happy if I can take a few cm on it.It looks like 5x5 programs are not good to get size to me , am I wrong ? Looking forward to your thoughts.
    holy smokes why do people try to endlessly complicate things? keep it simple!

- squat
    - deadlift
    - bench press
    - chinup
    - overhead press
    - bicep curl
    - bent leg situp

dial in your nutrition and sleep.

cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cthomp2727 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tendency View Post
    holy smokes why do people try to endlessly complicate things? keep it simple!

- squat
    - deadlift
    - bench press
    - chinup
    - overhead press
    - bicep curl
    - bent leg situp

dial in your nutrition and sleep.
    This. So much this. As much as "lift heavy and take a multi" is considered a joke on this site, it's honestly some of the best advice there is. Stick to compounds (+curls lol), eat like an animal and take a multivitamin. You'll get big in no time, assuming you sleep and recover adequately.

Since you probably just want someone to tell you what program to do, I'll help you out there. Look at the post above mine. Divide the workload in half (expect squats because you do those every workout) and you'll be golden. For example.

Workout A
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    Dead 1x5
    Curl 3x8

Workout B
    Squat 5x5
    Press 5x5
    Chinup (palms away) 3 sets to failure
    Bent leg situp (weighted) 3x8

Alternate ABA BAB three days a week on non consecutive days. This program is not as good as say, starting strength, but I feel like you need the extra isolation since you said you liked splits more (and I needed to use the lifts from the post above me to make a point). Anyways, good luck with your goals. Cheers
    Squat: 285
    Press: 135
    Clean: 205
    Snatch: 145

No horse girls crew
    Parents think I'm gay crew
    Dragonball crew

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been doing ivf 5x5 for about 6 months now, so my opinion is based solely on my results. Ive gained nearly 25lbs in 6 months but you couldnt tell by looking at me. I mostly attribute this to most of icf being squats and core work. So in my opinion a 5x5 such as icf will only get you so far in terms of size, at least for the more showey muscles. My biceps literally havent grown in the last 4 months; maybe my genetics just suck.