JimJocka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chronic right rhomboid strain/pain

Hi, so I have been looking for an explanation to my rhomboid pain and could not find someone in the same situation i was so i have made an account to see if i could get help here.

Im 16 years old and for the past 3 years ive ignored this straining feeling in my upper right back between my spine and right shoulder blade which i presumed was the rhomboid. But now its effecting me more and more when im going about my day and i need to get rid of it.

I feel a significant difference when i feel between my left shoulder blade and spine than i do to my right side, the right side feels like theres a lump in it and has a knot in it. Whenever i look down with my head i can feel it straining the muscle even more, the more i put my head down to my chest the more strain and pain i feel. The pain is chronic but goes away when im more active but when im at home all day and not moving as the much the pain does not go away. I have slept on my stomach since i was little with my head facing towards the right which could be the cause but im not sure.

I want to know what this is and how this can be fixed.

Thanks.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get yourself to a physio and have them take a look.

I have problems with rhomboids tightening up but a sports massage once a month sorts them out. I also foam roll and use a rubber ball to get right in between the shoulder blades.

bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Got the same issue i think. I'm 24, the first time i felt this pain i was 14, so i'm in pain for 10 years now. Its really hurt when i'm not moving, like sitting at the computer or standing for long time. My scapula pops when i try to move it. The most time it hurts in left side near/under/below scapula, sometimes pain goes to right side. I discovered that both of my rhomboids are very painful if i tennisball them. Traps hurt too. Even some erector spinae areas are probably have muscle knots in there.
    I tryed so much things to help my back. Exercises, swimming (give me temporary relief), stretches, etc. The last thing i tryed was rotator cuff exercises. It gave me relief but after a while pain came back.
    Now i'm gonna try long work with tennis ball. I did some research of muscle knots explaination and learned that you can get rid off them in near 3 weeks. But for 10 years knots looks like it can be longer. Anyway its the direction i'm gonna move now. I've read some positive reviews of pain relief after loosing muscle knots.
    So if i will have success in get rid of muscle knots i ll reply in this thread. Good luck mate.

bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    today i woke up after 2 days of tennis ball rhomboid massage and felt a lot of pain in left rhomboid. its hard to bend and breathe. but i guess i ll go on. muscle is very sore, but it should be sore after massage. lets see how it will be later.

i found that if u want release rhomdoids you should release traps and pecs first, and amazing i tryed it and after 10 minutes of tennis ball traps and pecs + sctretches, i had a big relief in rhomboids, its really! and also i found i got trigger points in psoas muscle, and after i do all massages + stretches i feel a lot better. Lets see will it be permanent.