Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Slicing up eyeballs ChiBearsfan's Avatar
    ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Dumping my creatine

Just finished my load, gained 3-4 lbs, now I have to dump my creatine.

Creatine can cause hair loss, should have done more research before starting it. I used it on and off 15-20 years ago but that wasn't a known side effect back then.

mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So does red meat cause hair loss too?

/sarcasm.
    Last edited by mrzeusone; 04-24-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    “We didn’t find any reason to rush to the locker room and do that whey dextrose slammer, after your last set of squat rack curls.” Alan Aragon

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mrzeusone View Post
    lol

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nexgensupps View Post
    lol
    It was intended as sarcasm.
    “We didn’t find any reason to rush to the locker room and do that whey dextrose slammer, after your last set of squat rack curls.” Alan Aragon

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChiBearsfan View Post
    Just finished my load, gained 3-4 lbs, now I have to dump my creatine.

Creatine can cause hair loss, should have done more research before starting it. I used it on and off 15-20 years ago but that wasn't a known side effect back then.
    Another BS creatine myth that wont die...But hey, we have a few hundred studies showing all manner of potential health benefits from creatine, and one single poorly done study that found an increase in DHT in Rugby players, that was NEVER seen before or after in all those studies, but yes, dump the creatine....

Derp

DERP

SRS DERP
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is anyone aware of any studies that dispute the findings of that study?

I looked all day and didn't find any.

I did however find dozens of web sites that claim the hair loss is a side effect of creatine use. Specifically that creatine increases DHT which can cause hair loss. Affects some not all people.

I also found hundreds of posts on this and other sites of people complaining about hair loss that coincided with creatine use.

Maybe it's all a coincidence? I don't know.

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Another BS creatine myth that wont die...But hey, we have a few hundred studies showing all manner of potential health benefits from creatine, and one single poorly done study that found an increase in DHT in Rugby players, that was NEVER seen before or after in all those studies, but yes, dump the creatine....

Derp

DERP

SRS DERP
    I hate to mention it, but you are bald and telling me not to worry about creatine causing hair loss.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hate to mention it, but you are bald and telling me not to worry about creatine causing hair loss.
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing. Bro scientists gonna bro science. Carry on bro....

www.BrinkZone.com

Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daemonium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is anyone aware of any studies that dispute the findings of that study?

I looked all day and didn't find any.

I did however find dozens of web sites that claim the hair loss is a side effect of creatine use. Specifically that creatine increases DHT which can cause hair loss. Affects some not all people.

I also found hundreds of posts on this and other sites of people complaining about hair loss that coincided with creatine use.

Maybe it's all a coincidence? I don't know.
    I am a college aged rugby player.
    I supplement with creatine (have been for a couple of years).
    I am not bald.

At 39 years old, if you haven't lost your hair, then you probably wont. It may thin as you age, but you wont go bald. In the case that you do, it probably isn't from creatine supplementation.

hahahaha he got you there
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

Originally Posted by Daemonium View Post
    I am not bald.
    Imposs-a-bro! Everyone knows rugby causes hair loss.

Studies be damned, dude who shaved his head claims dat dar creatinine does not cause hair loss, so must ignore

www.BrinkZone.com

I am not bald.

At 39 years old, if you haven't lost your hair, then you probably wont. It may thin as you age, but you wont go bald. In the case that you do, it probably isn't from creatine supplementation.

At 39 I'm starting to think I may invest in products that prevent my hair from thinning, it's not as thick as it was 10 years ago. It's hard to reconcile that with using a product that "may" cause hair loss.

Trust me I want to use creatine, I've had good results in the past, I'm trying to get back into the shape I was in at 25. I just also really want to keep my hair.

I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer to get back in shape.

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing. Bro scientists gonna bro science. Carry on bro....
    Is there any study that disputes the findings of that study on Rugby players? I would think since it's been 5 years since that study came out, one of the supplement companies would publish a study disputing the results to prove there is no link between creatine use and increased DHT. There are millions of dollars invested in this product.

Instead just a bunch of broscientists on web sites downplaying the results of a scientific study.

right bro?

Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000) Impregnator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    32yo checking in

been using creatine off and on since 2000, (back when it was like drinking sand, literally, with chit taste)
    only slight receding hairline crew checking in. which is normal aging.

i personally think the "creatine hair loss" has more to do with just working out and lifting weights which increases test which can increase dht which then leads to hair loss.
    creatine is just something that alot of people take for working out. i personally dont think it correlates with hair loss, despite the many studies out there.

its more genetics and your bodys own production of dht
    ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Humid South Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
    ------------------------------------------------
    ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ BassDrive/DnB/Deep House Crew ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ ♥
    ------------------------------------------------
    ツ Long Arm Skinny Ectoplasmic Form Manlet Crew ツ

Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Michaelmhmhmh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Been using it for two years and my hair grows faster then before...
    Proud member of the MuscleTech Product Test Team and the Vip Neon Sport Test Team!

2015 Reviews:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167206591&p=1356544211#post1356544211
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167297011&p=1358496991#post1358496991

Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hibb304 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's why my hair line is receding. Oh wait it was going before the creatine. Carry on

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 27, use creatine and am bald. Who do I sue to get my hair back?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ya without creatine you won't be able to get back in to shape as fast.... Lol
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Virus and BS Free Jeff the Repper's Avatar
    Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you ever see a bald cow?
    BS and Virus free

nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jeff the Repper View Post
    you ever see a bald cow?

Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Respect for the fast post Nics, did you have find it and time travel back?
    BS and Virus free

Respect for the fast post Nics, did you have find it and time travel back?
    2nd image upon googling 'bald cow'.

I know your ways, Nics... not so super after all
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerzion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wrong wrong wrong

nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz nics1246 has the mod powerz
    2nd image upon googling 'bald cow'.

I know your ways, Nics... not so super after all
    Can you do it in two minutes?

Didn't think so.

Originally Posted by nics1246 View Post
    Can you do it in two minutes?

Didn't think so.

No, but I'll do it in 1
    B. Kinesiology
    CSEP-CEP
    CSCS
    MSc (c)

JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thread of the month...
    I've been wronged by that super dirty son of a bitch dazed" crew.

you ever see a bald cow?

Haha, so serious. I was having a dig at OP.

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I better drop creatine asap. I will just stick to protein 30 minutes after my workout for gains.
    ********* I like cats crew *********
    ********* I like dogs crew **********

Haha, so serious. I was having a dig at OP.
    you must be new here
    BS and Virus free