Thread: Weak wrists

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)

Weak wrists

I'm looking for advice here for my wife. Shes doing All Pros routine currently but has had chronically weak wrists (as in forever) prone to tendonitis. Shes doing some wrist strengthening exercises but I have no experience at all to help her there. It makes doing a standard pushup painful and she does other fitness activities where this is a major impediment.

So my main question is what sort of frequency do you use with this kind of exercise? Daily? Just on All Pro days?
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can only suggest one exercise I've seen someone do to strengthen their wrists...

And it involves a modified standard push-up. Rather than have the palms face down on the floor, make a fist and while keeping the lower-arm (from elbow to fist in a straight line. Similar to punching the floor with both arms. I believe these are called knuckle or fist-pushups. Recommend googling and finding some videos for correct form, like thumbs face forward versus turned fist.

This should help strength the tendons in the wrist over time.
    Weight lifting and bodybuilding are not my hobbies. When you eat, sleep, read and think of training today and how you'll train tomorrow, it's not a hobby. It's life.

Bodybuilding is an ever-evolving, changing science. Anyone who thinks weight lifters and bodybuilders are not intelligent, have never read a bodybuilding book, studied the science of diet and muscle, lifted a weight, or spent a day preparing meals and counting their macros.