Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Bolded part, excellent point. Sad, but very true.

Good comments as well! Do you see the US as weak right now? (the gov't) Do you think it is wise for the US to get involved here?
    We are spread very thin, so I don't know.

I like the commentary here in the ov35 misc better than mainstream news. lol
    I do see the US as coming off weak by squandering valuable resources in untenable conflicts such as Afghanistan and Iraq. Nuff said... time to move on. We don't seem to grasp that the Afghans brought Russia to their knees. How long can we hold on there?

If there is anything to be done in Europe, it should be a collective NATO effort and not a sole US effort. But we would be most likely calling the shots. I think if there was a strong enough NATO showing, Putin would stand down. Definitely a partial crap-shoot that something could happen and it would go off on an unexpected tangent real fast.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    China is the wild card. If Putin has them in his back pocket, anything is possible.
    It sounds like China is now attempting to make a land grab as well.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    It sounds like China is now attempting to make a land grab as well.
    There is definitely a shift in China's foreign policy going on. The latest being the beef with Japan over Diaoyu Island, and the ongoing Taiwan and Phillippine squabbles.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    There is definitely a shift in China's foreign policy going on. The latest being the beef with Japan over Diaoyu Island, and the ongoing Taiwan and Phillippine squabbles.
    Not too worry, Mighty Mouth has got their back, he has a pen and a phone ya know
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    let me sum it up for all of you folks. I am sure if the situation was reversed, you will be fully supportive to your leadership for making bold and extremelly effective move like the one Putin did in Crimea. Timing was right, Ukraine is in hands of some bandits, guerillas who calls themselves government, and Crimea was always part of Russia. Well, for last 200 years or so. It was changing hands throughout the history, being Greek mostly. Cities like Foros, Feodosia and so forth - those are ancient Greek names. It was also part of Turkish Osman empire at some point, and even Tartars who at the time took half the globe. There was no US at the time to stop their expanding LoL.

Just for you to know, Crimea was given to Ukraine for purely administrative purposes, sometime in the middle of the last century by USSR leader at that time who was also part Ukrainian. I am talking Nikita Khrustchev. At the time nobody ever could think of Ukraine becoming a separate identity, state on its own as it i now. At the time it was like governing Idaho from Seattle or Salt Lake, I know it is somewhat hard to grasp but I can't think of easier way to bring the point across.

Now, for a moment imagine lives of locals in Crimea. Russia brings them stability and simply put, better life. Elders will get good old age pension and medical care. Something they realy need. So for them the choise was easy, they speak russian, they call themelves russians, and now they have a chance to get russian passports. It was like asking Puerto Ricans for example, if they want to be part of US or Gaithi?

So, for all, can you please calm fokking down and look for trouble somewhere else

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mixbwoy View Post
    I though Obama was the next Hitler

Was gonna rep until……….

aw fuk I don't know.
    I saw this.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superman713 View Post
    I see obama as a much bigger threat than I see Putin.
    I disagree!! obama is the messiah. he is the one. he is the great uniter. we don't need no stinkin' 3 branches of government to keep the balance of power. the three branches of government is obama - his daily executive orders, his pen, and his teleprompter. he said that the US Constitution, which is the same sacred document that made this country great, is "fundamentally flawed." and I agree with him. we should give up our inalienable rights and bow to dear leader because he will take care of us.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    let me sum it up for all of you folks. I am sure if the situation was reversed, you will be fully supportive to your leadership for making bold and extremelly effective move like the one Putin did in Crimea. Timing was right, Ukraine is in hands of some bandits, guerillas who calls themselves government, and Crimea was always part of Russia. Well, for last 200 years or so. It was changing hands throughout the history, being Greek mostly. Cities like Foros, Feodosia and so forth - those are ancient Greek names. It was also part of Turkish Osman empire at some point, and even Tartars who at the time took half the globe. There was no US at the time to stop their expanding LoL.

Just for you to know, Crimea was given to Ukraine for purely administrative purposes, sometime in the middle of the last century by USSR leader at that time who was also part Ukrainian. I am talking Nikita Khrustchev. At the time nobody ever could think of Ukraine becoming a separate identity, state on its own as it i now. At the time it was like governing Idaho from Seattle or Salt Lake, I know it is somewhat hard to grasp but I can't think of easier way to bring the point across.

Now, for a moment imagine lives of locals in Crimea. Russia brings them stability and simply put, better life. Elders will get good old age pension and medical care. Something they realy need. So for them the choise was easy, they speak russian, they call themelves russians, and now they have a chance to get russian passports. It was like asking Puerto Ricans for example, if they want to be part of US or Gaithi?

So, for all, can you please calm fokking down and look for trouble somewhere else

THANK YOU!

President Putin is only doing what any 19th century American President would have done. He loves Russia and the Russian people. (I wish I could say the same about the temporary occupant in the White House regarding the American People.) I would rather swap presidents and have Putin the POTUS. The only problem with swapping is that the Russians will end up with the commie.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    THANK YOU!

President Putin is only doing what any 19th century American President would have done. He loves Russia and the Russian people. (I wish I could say the same about the temporary occupant in the White House regarding the American People.) I would rather swap presidents and have Putin the POTUS. The only problem with swapping is that the Russians will end up with the commie.
    Exactly. In Putin, you have a leader who loves his country. In Obumbles, well what can I say.

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    Not too worry, Mighty Mouth has got their back, he has a pen and a phone ya know
    He has a pencil too, that he props up that void that holds up his bike helmet.

Yes, that makes me a meathead, but a man's neck should have some muscle to it and his doesn't.
    Its not enough!

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Espi1971 View Post
    I just want that guy GONE.

I will say that if we could learn from history, it's that you have to check dictators EARLY and you gotta him check 'em HARD.
    When Hitler invaded Poland, the French and English svucked the guy's cock and ignored the affront--which then led to Hitler conquering Czechoslovakia. And Belgium. And bombing the shiat our England. And conquering France, etc.

Nothing is more powerful than for a guy like Putin to amass troops with no consequences. He needs to be biatch-slapped. NOW.

Problem is, Russia is a formidable opponent--they are not Grenada or the Falkland Islands. So a coup or a covert assassination on Putin might be the least worst alternative.

If this were Iraq and Kuwait, or Isreal and Egypt, our troops would probably be amassed by now.

Maybe there has to be more at stake before we do something.
    While I agree about checking dictators early, Hitler took on the Czechs before he invaded Poland, after Neville chamberlain "guaranteed them" which is why hitler thought nothing would happen when he invaded Poland.
    Its not enough!

COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100) COMP999 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Cliven Bundy is another Adolph Hitler.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Exactly. In Putin, you have a leader who loves his country.
    Do you bollocks.

In Putin you have a leader who is doing nothing but protecting the huge amounts of money he and his close circle have creamed off from his country. It's estimated that his personal wealth is estimated to be between $40 and $70 billion. Not bad for someone who supposedly only earns $155,000 a year.

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com...-man-on-earth/

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Do you bollocks.

In Putin you have a leader who is doing nothing but protecting the huge amounts of money he and his close circle have creamed off from his country. It's estimated that his personal wealth is estimated to be between $40 and $70 billion. Not bad for someone who supposedly only earns $155,000 a year.

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com...-man-on-earth/
    Putin does nothing different than our leaders do as far as money goes. Do you think our presidents live on their $400,000 year salary?

ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100) ISAID69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Well we all know that the relationship the US has with Russia is quite MAD (mutually assured destruction) - So in light of this both countries go about looking after their countries best interests in the best way possible without stepping on too many toes. I see nothing too alarmist here, same old same old. Putin has no choice but to keep the Ukraine which borders his country as a buffer to the West and the West will always try and get as many NATO countries to camp on Russia's borders. World war 3? Nope, too many domestic economics to take care of.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Putin does nothing different than our leaders do as far as money goes. Do you think our presidents live on their $400,000 year salary?
    I'm not biased as I think US politics sucks but you cannot even begin to compare the sums of money Putin has stolen with the cash which US Presidents have earned from their office.
    IIRC, US presidents also have to declare any extra income. Putin declared a total worth of around $200,000.

MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sure he is, all together with his organisation, who is all about love\peace\prosperity providing. Go on, keep glorifying KGB('ist).

Exactly. In Putin, you have a leader who loves his country. In Obumbles, well what can I say.

Originally Posted by MartinMaggie View Post
    Sure he is, all together with his organisation, who is all about love\peace\prosperity providing. Go on, keep glorifying KGB('ist).
    I can understand where you are coming from being where you are. Putin is simply doing what is best for Mother Russia. I'm not saying it is right at all.

MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Putin is preparing for much bigger event than Crimea. Crimea is prelude to what he really wants. He invested to Ukraine through Janukovitsh, who was to win presidential campaign in 2015, ofcourse by faking \ repressing \ whatever way (think of Yulia Tőmošenko), but Janukovitsh got scared and escaped from Ukraine to Russia, taking part of those investments with him (billions of dollars).

Then in 2015, Janukovitsh was ment to organise referendums to "legally" join Russia. But because of maidan, he escaped Ukraine and is now held in arrest in Russia.

Putin was not ready for these events yet and because of maidan, power shifting to "west", he had to act.
    Only way to invade "legally" was to "defend russians" there, so he sent his bandits to create havoc and destabilise Ukraine.
    What he really wants are war factories in east Ukraine, because they don't produce enough by themselves to make war. Ships they buy from west, software to operate their P-36M2 from west, also chopper and ship engines from Ukraine, also rocket engines for less military purpose space projects in their Kazakhstan space port, ec.

Danger of further aggression is huge and it will happen. After this, Putin puts up some puppet goverment in Ukraine, who will nationalise those factories and will hand them over to Russia as "cost" for waging war and losing. Then they will transfer these to Russia, like they did on WW2, when germans were coming.

After this is done, Putin has gained war assets and knowhow and Ukraine has become federalised by Russia. Or kind of Transnistrian Republic. Under Moscow control, but still "sovereign, independent country". And west then has to rebuild Ukraine, just because we can't leave them to die. This has already happened there, orchestrated by Stalin, search Holodomor for more details.

What scares me is why they want those war factories there.

Putin cares only about himself, not his country nor he's people. Thats why sanctions to Russia have been ineffective. He just does not care when simple Ivans suffer. Those in power will always survive sanctions, but simple people will not. But misery of common people has never been problem for Russian goverment. This is why they have no speech\press freedom, no true elections, ec.

Putin is preparing for much bigger event than Crimea. Crimea is prelude to what he really wants. He invested to Ukraine through Janukovitsh, who was to win presidential campaign in 2015, ofcourse by faking \ repressing \ whatever way (think of Yulia Tőmošenko), but Janukovitsh got scared and escaped from Ukraine to Russia, taking part of those investments with him (billions of dollars).

Then in 2015, Janukovitsh was ment to organise referendums to "legally" join Russia. But because of maidan, he escaped Ukraine and is now held in arrest in Russia.

Putin was not ready for these events yet and because of maidan, power shifting to "west", he had to act.
    Only way to invade "legally" was to "defend russians" there, so he sent his bandits to create havoc and destabilise Ukraine.
    What he really wants are war factories in east Ukraine, because they don't produce enough by themselves to make war. Ships they buy from west, software to operate their P-36M2 from west, also chopper and ship engines from Ukraine, also rocket engines for less military purpose space projects in their Kazakhstan space port, ec.

Danger of further aggression is huge and it will happen. After this, Putin puts up some puppet goverment in Ukraine, who will nationalise those factories and will hand them over to Russia as "cost" for waging war and losing. Then they will transfer these to Russia, like they did on WW2, when germans were coming.

After this is done, Putin has gained war assets and knowhow and Ukraine has become federalised by Russia. Or kind of Transnistrian Republic. Under Moscow control, but still "sovereign, independent country". And west then has to rebuild Ukraine, just because we can't leave them to die. This has already happened there, orchestrated by Stalin, search Holodomor for more details.

Putin cares only about himself, not his country nor he's people. Thats why sanctions to Russia have been ineffective. He just does not care when simple Ivans suffer. Those in power will always survive sanctions, but simple people will not. But misery of common people has never been problem for Russian goverment. This is why they have no speech\press freedom, no true elections, ec.
    I really appreciate this post. Everybody needs to read this whether they agree or not. (I'm taking this very seriously since you have lived it). I don't think there is a country in this world who can trust their leader.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...And west then has to rebuild Ukraine, just because we can't leave them to die...
    OMG, I went all emotional, how cute, people-loving financial world of the west will save Ukrainians from neo-holodomor... Great post, keep pumping, you have a talent.

You are correct on this, weiss1967. There will be "free money" for Ukraine, but insignificant amount in relation of debts their goverment has to take to rebuild. Then again Russia gives loans cheaper, their capital\funds flows to Ukraine, what is built there will be owned\controlled by russians, thus increasing Russias economical control over Ukraine.

There is no good outcome for average ukrainian :|

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    OMG, I went all emotional, how cute, people-loving financial world of the west will save Ukrainians from neo-holodomor... Great post, keep pumping, you have a talent.

moneysmoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    A little early in the game to go there, IMHO.
    What's your salary?

moneysmoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Bolded part, excellent point. Sad, but very true.

Good comments as well! Do you see the US as weak right now? (the gov't) Do you think it is wise for the US to get involved here?
    We are spread very thin, so I don't know.

I like the commentary here in the ov35 misc better than mainstream news. lol
    What's your salary?

Putin is simply doing what is best for Mother Russia.
    Putin is doing what's right for Putin.

All this crap is about re-election and holding on to power. It was the same situation when he went into Chechnya (which got him elected in the first place) and it was the same when he invaded Georgia (under the guise of his puppet Medevdev, 2 months before the election of 2008) - all for votes. Sure, the next election in Russia isn't for another 4 years but prior to the Ukrainian intervention, Putin was starting to get a lot of dissent back home. Dude's been having to jail dissidents left, right and centre and that wasn't boding well for seeing his term out - the man in the street was starting to turn on him. Nothing like a decent military confrontation to get the public on your side - especially in Russia.

It doesn't matter how bad a leader is at managing the economy or running the country as long as they're seen to stand up for Mother Russia they'll get that vote. Russians love "strong" leaders like no other country. Case in point: Stalin. A black joke of the later Soviet period: "Who was Adolf Hitler?" Answer: "A petty dictator who lived in the time of Joseph Stalin."
    Yet there's a man literally responsible for the deaths of millions of Russians but with a present day approval rating higher than any Western politician's. Ask them who the greatest Tsars were and the answer will always be Peter the Great or Ivan the Terrible. Again, these guys were tyrants.

Putin knows that if he isn't re-elected or if he can't at least install a puppet govt. which is answerable to him, he and his mates are going to jail for corruption.
    Look strong, keep getting re-elected and the problem disappears for a while. If the sh*t hits the fan at home, Putin will simply look for enemies abroad - that will always make him look stronger.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

It's interesting how President of Latvia said exactly this last week - that Russia somehow 'destabilized' Ukraine. And you are from Estonia Anyways, Ukraine destabilized Ukraine and it needs to take responsibility for it. Timoshenko or Jankovich both are bandits from a big road, as they say in Russia. Both stole millions from their country. Not to mention that for centuries Ukraine depended on Russia (on its natural resources, economic status, military, etc). Russians stopped Napoleon in 1812 and smashed Nazis in WWII, losing close to 30 million people in the latter war. 300 years of being together, after all Yet, now that chit hit the fan Ukraine is somehow destabilized by Russia. The truth is Ukraine is a poor country and it can’t make it on its own, not yet anyway. So it needs either EU/US or Russia to help, as BIG help, billions help. Will this money go to the people of Ukraine? Nop. Why is US so interested in Ukraine? Does it want to help its ‘freedom fighters’ to free the people of Ukraine from Russia’s oppressive government? Or does it want to install its military bases so close to Russia? Hmm, let me think…Oh, btw, anyone know what these ‘freedom fighters’ – aka banderovzi did during WWII? They sided with Nazis and went on to participate in the ethnic cleansing of Poles, Jews and Russians.

Finally, I doubt sanctions against Russia are going to hurt in the long run. If anything, Russia will be forced to strengthen its alliances with non-Western countries (India, China, Latin America).

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Oh, btw, anyone know what these ‘freedom fighters’ – aka banderovzi did during WWII? They sided with Nazis and went on to participate in the ethnic cleansing of Poles, Jews and Russians.
    Putin propaganda.

When the Nazis invaded the Soviet Union, most of the inhabitants welcomed them at first. They saw them as liberators freeing them from Stalin and hoped that the end result would be independence for their countries - especially in the Baltic states. Hitler screwed that goodwill up by treating them as "untermensch" who were in the way of the German need for "lebansraum". If he'd gone down the "hearts and minds" route, there's even the chance that the war would have turned out differently. But until the Nazis showed their true face, people from all of the Soviet territory the Germans took over partook in ethnic cleansing - not just the Ukranians. That includes the Russians themselves.
    And let's not forget Russian collaboration with the Nazis at the highest level - aka: the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact which led directly to the German/Soviet invasion of Poland wghich was then followed by genocide perpetrated by both invading forces.

That's not saying that some Ukranians did not collaborate with the Nazis. But in the grand scheme of things and when compared to the bigger picture, it really isn't anything out of the ordinary and certainly nothing compared to what the Russians did.

Thanks for compliment, it takes three additional languages and and true press freedom to to be as well informed as President of Latvia. I take liberty not to comment on rest of your statements here, we get our information obviously from very different sources and could not come to agreement regardless of efforts.

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    It's interesting how President of Latvia said exactly this last week - that Russia somehow 'destabilized' Ukraine. And you are from Estonia

TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    not hitler, but is definitely at soviet premier power levels, just with democratic window dressing

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Putin propaganda.

When the Nazis invaded the Soviet Union, most of the inhabitants welcomed them at first. They saw them as liberators freeing them from Stalin and hoped that the end result would be independence for their countries - especially in the Baltic states. Hitler screwed that goodwill up by treating them as "untermensch" who were in the way of the German need for "lebansraum". If he'd gone down the "hearts and minds" route, there's even the chance that the war would have turned out differently. But until the Nazis showed their true face, people from all of the Soviet territory the Germans took over partook in ethnic cleansing - not just the Ukranians. That includes the Russians themselves.
    And let's not forget Russian collaboration with the Nazis at the highest level - aka: the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact which led directly to the German/Soviet invasion of Poland wghich was then followed by genocide perpetrated by both invading forces.

That's not saying that some Ukranians did not collaborate with the Nazis. But in the grand scheme of things and when compared to the bigger picture, it really isn't anything out of the ordinary and certainly nothing compared to what the Russians did.
    Umm, what? When Nazis invaded Soviet Union, Russians fought, loosing millions in the process. They were some elements that joined Nazi army initially (Vlasov army, for example). Most of these were ethnically non-Russian. Kuban Kazahs were Ukranian, Kalmykian Corps were Mongol – do you mean those? Yes, Stalin was a dictator who sent millions to the concentration camps (Russians, Jews, Georgians, Belorussians, Ukrainians). He did not discriminate, even refusing to exchange his own son who got captured by Germans. Stalin was a monster, just as Hitler was. However, that does not mean that ‘most of the inhabitants of the Soviet Union welcomed Nazis at first’. Most fought, either joining the army or forming Partisany forces.

It is a known historical fact that Western Ukraine (banderovzi) cooperated with Nazis in the most enthusiastic way, so to speak. They didn’t just ‘welcome’ Nazi troops, they actually became part of SS (read about Galicia Division – aka Ukrainian National Army). Close to million Jews were killed in Ukraine during German occupation, many of which were killed by Ukrainian forces. It amazes me though how US media is downplaying the role of present Ukrainian parties (Svoboda, Right Sector, etc) because it is not convenient to reveal to the general population the history behind the movement. Not just past history, but also its present – read up on links between Svoboda, Jobbik (Hungry), Belgium’s National Front and France’s National Front. All these organizations are ultra racist and anti-Semitic.