Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    It's not a question of convenience. Very, very few members of the American "media" could even name a political party in the Ukraine. Very few could even find the Ukraine on a map. They are, almost entirely, a collection of silly buffoons. To expect them to do research is expecting way too much from them.
    I played a lot of Risk growing up. Geography ftw.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    It is a known historical fact that Western Ukraine (banderovzi) cooperated with Nazis in the most enthusiastic way, so to speak.
    Very impressed with your knowledge of history.

A hot woman who knows WWII history, incredible.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Very impressed with your knowledge of history.

A hot woman who knows WWII history, incredible.
    she is right. Western Ukraine is further from Russians ethnically, newer really accepted commies whey came to power and were first to change colour when Hitler invaded. Total number of Ukrainian troops serving under Hitler was over a million. Berfore the gas chambers, when jews had to be rounded up "old style" one bullet at a time, most executions were conducted by willing collaborationists, mostly ukrainians. These are little known facts. And lets just not talk about Lithuanians here, who are part Germans to begin with. But we are getting too carried away here from our hero Putin. What was the original question anyway?

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from being where you are. Putin is simply doing what is best for Mother Russia. I'm not saying it is right at all.
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Putin is doing what's right for Putin.

All this crap is about re-election and holding on to power. It was the same situation when he went into Chechnya (which got him elected in the first place) and it was the same when he invaded Georgia (under the guise of his puppet Medevdev, 2 months before the election of 2008) - all for votes. Sure, the next election in Russia isn't for another 4 years but prior to the Ukrainian intervention, Putin was starting to get a lot of dissent back home. Dude's been having to jail dissidents left, right and centre and that wasn't boding well for seeing his term out - the man in the street was starting to turn on him. Nothing like a decent military confrontation to get the public on your side - especially in Russia.

It doesn't matter how bad a leader is at managing the economy or running the country as long as they're seen to stand up for Mother Russia they'll get that vote. Russians love "strong" leaders like no other country. Case in point: Stalin. A black joke of the later Soviet period: "Who was Adolf Hitler?" Answer: "A petty dictator who lived in the time of Joseph Stalin."
    Yet there's a man literally responsible for the deaths of millions of Russians but with a present day approval rating higher than any Western politician's. Ask them who the greatest Tsars were and the answer will always be Peter the Great or Ivan the Terrible. Again, these guys were tyrants.

Putin knows that if he isn't re-elected or if he can't at least install a puppet govt. which is answerable to him, he and his mates are going to jail for corruption.
    Look strong, keep getting re-elected and the problem disappears for a while. If the sh*t hits the fan at home, Putin will simply look for enemies abroad - that will always make him look stronger.
    I like the fact that you conveniently left out the last part of my comment to suit your agenda. If you will reference the bolded, you may understand why he is a strong leader, which is more than I can say about the wussification of your country as well as ours. Tell me, What has your PM done? Cameron and Obama are both weak POS.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    I like the fact that you conveniently left out the last part of my comment to suit your agenda.
    I left it out because it's totally irrelvant. I wasn't aware that there was an agenda and I couldn't give a sh*t about Cameron or Obama. They're nothing to do with this subject.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    UHowever, that does not mean that ‘most of the inhabitants of the Soviet Union welcomed Nazis at first’. Most fought, either joining the army or forming Partisany forces.

You're just flat out wrong.
    You need to go read up on history. Like I said - the Nazis were viewed as liberators at first. Especially in the Baltic states. It wasn't just the Ukranians who held this view. To single them out whilst ignoring everyone else or trying to belittle their involvement in collaberation is the hallmark of Putin's recent propaganda against Kiev.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I played a lot of Risk growing up. Geography ftw.
    Everything I know about the Ukraine, I learned from playing Stratego.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    You're just flat out wrong.
    You need to go read up on history. Like I said - the Nazis were viewed as liberators at first. Especially in the Baltic states. It wasn't just the Ukranians who held this view. To single them out whilst ignoring everyone else or trying to belittle their involvement in collaberation is the hallmark of Putin's recent propaganda against Kiev.
    I think you are confused. Baltic states (aka Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania) have a very distinct from Russia culture – a) they are not Slavic (as Ukrainians are btw), as language/culture/religion is totally different and b) they have never voluntarily accepted Russian rule. So yes, many from the Baltic states sided with Nazis, forming local forces. Ukraine on the other hand, shares tons of history with Russia. In fact, Kiev, which is a capital of Ukraine was (in like 10th century) Kievskaja Rus – federation of what is now Belorus, Russia and Ukraine (all 3 are Slavic).

So with the exception of Western Ukraine’s Bandera movement, Baltic states and several small forces, people in Russia did not see Nazis as liberators, pushing them back to Berlin and crashing them in 1945. I am not sure what you mean by 'to single them out whilst ignoring everyone else..' Who everyone else? Thread was about Putin, my point was that he had to do what he did (in light of Russian-Ukrainian historical/political/economic ties).

Thread was about Putin, my point was that he had to do what he did (in light of Russian-Ukrainian historical/political/economic ties).
    Then the fact that the right wing nationalists got only 0.9% of the vote in the election a week ago, even with the flood of anti-Russian sentiment, shows that both Putin and you are wrong.

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So much unawareness in this thread. The mind boggles.

To Op, a simple no is the answer to your question of "is Putin another Hitler"

For Quality posts ITT, read posts by Weiss and Lotus Diva. Both Repped.
    Last edited by jeffaus; 06-03-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    pick it up and put it down

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    There is definitely a shift in China's foreign policy going on. The latest being the beef with Japan over Diaoyu Island, and the ongoing Taiwan and Phillippine squabbles.
    Hahahahahahahaha. A shift in US policy towards China would be more to the point, if you really want to know the truth. Don't believe everything the media beefs up in the west. The days of real journalism where facts were sacrosanct are now long gone. Journo's are now nothing more than political script writers.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How stupid are you? Better ask - Is US a global parasite, that spies on people, bullies smaller countries, and kills thousands of people worldwide every year?
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Originally Posted by Sarumyan View Post
    How stupid are you? Better ask - Is US a global parasite, that spies on people, bullies smaller countries, and kills thousands of people worldwide every year?
    Well the answer to your question is probably yes, but I think that's directed at you Op. LOL

So I will be awaiting Op's rebuttal to this young man's concerns.

finnagainn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Strange. I thought Americans are the nation that should understand what is going on in Ukraine best of all

Crimea = Texas
    Donetsk and the like = fight for no taxation without representation

Jeez, if Founding Fathers were listening to people like current media, USA would not exist..