Thread: Weekend binging

kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weekend binging

I know that this has been asked before but I am looking for some advice.

Diet and training has been very strict during the weekdays for almost 2 years. I think my progress has been hindered by the weekends.. They usually consist of drinking a s*** load of IPAs and eating whatever I want. When I say a lot if IPAs, I mean around 30 per weekend..not asking for judgement about my lifestyle, it's just what I do and have always done on the weekends

I know my diet is my major issue but was wondering if any of you cut out alcohol and stuck to your diets 24/7? What type of progress can I expect if I make this change.

6'4 at 205lbs and have been stuck at 205 for a long time. Not sure my body fat % right now

I've given up on bulking because I can't seem to eat enough calories, plus I'm upping my mileage each week while training for a marathon. Just started running again 2 months ago

Any personal experience offered would be appreciated. Looking to cut as much fat as possible

Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000) Jazsi is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could start drinking lower calorie drinks as an alternative to beer (which is seriously dense, calorie-wise).

Personally, if I know I'll be drinking later in the evening, I'll consciously reduce my carbs and fats in the day to make room for the alcohol calories.

Also, google 'The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth' (leangains). I would link directly but my post-count ain't high enough.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so you are drinking 5,000 calories worth of beer on the weekends. Cut that out and lose an additional 1.5 pounds a week.

whats the question?
    Stern Crew

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to drink a 6pack or a bottle of jager every friday/sat nights....cut that out and blaaam amazing how fast the weight came off. not thinking about it but when i drink i eat alot at the same time..the munchies....killed 2 birds with one stone.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    how strict is your diet? it's likely you're overly restrictive during the week.

i don't have the problem with beer but when i cut soda i promptly went from 155-160 down to 145 in less than a month. i then realized that my diet was short on fats and protein. adjusted my diet and while i may still be around 150 and pudgier than i like, i feel better knowing at least that my nutrition is much better.

if you meet your protein and fat minimums, you will likely be okay to binge drink on the weekends, but the excess of alcohol is bad for your health (physical and mentally) and it would be better to get calories with better nutrition and fiber.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I stopped drinking 7 years ago. Dropped 25lbs in 2-3 months with no other changes (didn't even lift back then).

Cut back or stop drinking if you want to lose the weight.

FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FredFleury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kellerm215 View Post
    I know my diet is my major issue but was wondering if any of you cut out alcohol and stuck to your diets 24/7? What type of progress can I expect if I make this change.
    Me.

I cut alcohol completely over a year ago. I used to be around 20% body fat, and now I`m down to 5-10%. I used to do the same thing you do: workout hard and diet properly on weekdays and binge on weekends. And somehow I couldn`t see progress. When I made it 24/7 my results really took off.

kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kellerm215 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks guys. I realize I need to start counting calories /macros etc but can't find the motivation to do so just yet.

I know that everyone's body is different , but I've read that the body prefers to be at a "steady" state of muscle/fat ratio.

I find it strange that I haven't gained any fat eating/drinking like this.

I'm wondering if my weekly calories are too low, and my body is storing fat because I'm not consuming enough on my healthy days

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kellerm215 View Post
    Thanks guys. I realize I need to start counting calories /macros etc but can't find the motivation to do so just yet.

I know that everyone's body is different , but I've read that the body prefers to be at a "steady" state of muscle/fat ratio.

I find it strange that I haven't gained any fat eating/drinking like this.

I'm wondering if my weekly calories are too low, and my body is storing fat because I'm not consuming enough on my healthy days
    its all about long term average. if you are not gaining or losing weight, then you are breaking even on calories in/calories out or its such a small difference that its not noticeable.

you probably won't be able to make body composition changes until you are motivated enough to start counting calories.
    Stern Crew

10-4.. Thanks for the responses. That was my first post and I'm glad I finally signed up ; just been reading other forums.

Not sure how this rep system works, if I have any or whatever , but I'd hook y'all up if I knew how.

I got some changes to make so let's hope they stick. Gonna be tough with summer finally here and the lake, golf course, and beach testing my willpower