leafman23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

form check push press

Hey everybody, I was having some issues push pressing as my push press blows in comparison to my strict press. I have hit 175 strict press (last week) and in this video I am failing twice with 195 (getting it on the third) and finally getting 205. My back squat to just below parallel box squat is 405 with my front squat to the same height (wide as **** stance) is 345. I am also not very explosive (max broad jump is a tad over 8 feet and max hang clean is 245) genetically speaking, never have been. this my be a possibility, I have also thought that it is the box squat (as I don't get practice with a stretch reflex it seems I pause on the push press descent) or that my stance for the front and back squat is too wide. these are three possibilities I have come up with, however it may also be a form thing so I wanted you guys to check out some videos and let me know please.

youtube.___com/watch?v=i5z34G6p5rU

195 fail

youtube.___com/watch?v=4CXMVGSu39U

195 fail

youtube.___com/watch?v=dqfKpXJ8Zdk
    195 got it

youtube.___com/watch?v=u2nNAcGAu2A
    205 fail

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by leafman23 View Post
    Hey everybody, I was having some issues push pressing as my push press blows in comparison to my strict press. I have hit 175 strict press (last week) and in this video I am failing twice with 195 (getting it on the third) and finally getting 205. My back squat to just below parallel box squat is 405 with my front squat to the same height (wide as **** stance) is 345. I am also not very explosive (max broad jump is a tad over 8 feet and max hang clean is 245) genetically speaking, never have been. this my be a possibility, I have also thought that it is the box squat (as I don't get practice with a stretch reflex it seems I pause on the push press descent) or that my stance for the front and back squat is too wide. these are three possibilities I have come up with, however it may also be a form thing so I wanted you guys to check out some videos and let me know please.

youtube.___com/watch?v=i5z34G6p5rU

195 fail

youtube.___com/watch?v=4CXMVGSu39U

195 fail

youtube.___com/watch?v=dqfKpXJ8Zdk
    195 got it

youtube.___com/watch?v=u2nNAcGAu2A
    205 fail
    That's 195? Your initiation is sloppy and your right arm is weaker than your left. Do some standing dumbell press.

leafman23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sevenhm View Post
    That's 195? Your initiation is sloppy and your right arm is weaker than your left. Do some standing dumbell press.
    Thanks for the post. After filming it I realized that when dip the bar seems slanted with the right half drooping. Which is weird because my right is always stronger. During strict and bench press the left side is always lagging behind as in right locks out first while left struggles. Can you elaborate on poor initiation?