fightforlove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Isolated Exercises for Biceps and Forearms?

Hi,

I've been on a beginner bulking program for several months doing compound exercises (squats, pull ups, bench work, row, etc). I think I've plateaued in the last month cause I'm really struggling to get any established weight incrementation at this point. I want to mix in some isolated exercises to focus on building specific muscle groups, particularly biceps, triceps and forearms.

I've added an isometric overhead dumbell tricep exercise, but not sure what should I add for biceps and forearms? I'm failing on the bench and seated curls, I'm sure it's lack of bicep/tricep/forearm strength. What are some isometric exercises that could remedy this?

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Biceps: Heavy ass straight barbell curls
    Triceps: Heavy ass close grip bench, skullcrushers, or overhead extensions
    Forearms: wrist curls, farmers walks

sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50) sashkaukraine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KDG730 View Post
    ^this. also what kills my forearms is reverse bb curls
    i rep back 99.9% of the time

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3;16

deadlift: pulled 435x3 off of 3 inch block @173 +/- lbs
    bench: horrible
    squat: meh

metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metashift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
    Hi,

I've been on a beginner bulking program for several months doing compound exercises (squats, pull ups, bench work, row, etc). I think I've plateaued in the last month cause I'm really struggling to get any established weight incrementation at this point. I want to mix in some isolated exercises to focus on building specific muscle groups, particularly biceps, triceps and forearms.

I've added an isometric overhead dumbell tricep exercise, but not sure what should I add for biceps and forearms? I'm failing on the bench and seated curls, I'm sure it's lack of bicep/tricep/forearm strength. What are some isometric exercises that could remedy this?
    Switching exercise intensity is the key. Stick to the compound exercises, and don't worry much about the concentration work. They will help with muscle control, but will do little for growth.

Look up "Undulating training". For a while Power/Hypertrophy was the go-to for a lot of bodybuilders for more consistent gains, but switching it up even further will do even more.

Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interestingly, you didn't mention dead lifts.
    Bench 320
    Squat 505
    DL 550

Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to mix in some isolated exercises to focus on building specific muscle groups, particularly biceps, triceps and forearms.
    Also that right there. Biceps/Triceps/forearms are not muscle groups.
    Bench 320
    Squat 505
    DL 550

Location: Sydney, Down under, Straya, New South Wales, Australia
    Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greenteadrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This, except you forgot deadlifts with double overhand grip for forearms

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi,

If you're a beginner you don't need to do any isolation movements at all. You can do movements that heavily include arms, such as chin ups and dips.

You never need to target forearms. If you avoid using straps then deadlifting and dumbbell work will build up your forearms as you gain weight.

If you're struggling to get up in weight, you need to eat more food and make sure you're giving yourself plenty of time to recover.

I've been lifting for 6 years and I still don't find it necessary to do isolations.

fightforlove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jawja View Post
    Interestingly, you didn't mention dead lifts.
    I'm deadlifting as well.

I've been doing 3 sets per exercise:

lighter weight x 12 reps
    middle weight x 10 reps
    heavy weight x 8 reps

Heard from a trainer at my gym that another bulking method is to go for power and start with heaviest weight I can do just once, then go down:

heaviest x 1 rep
    high middle x 2 reps
    low middle x 3 reps
    lighter x 5 reps

Which of these approaches is better for a beginner? I'm trying to pack on muscle.

TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000) TheMadPhysicist is a complete loser! (-2000)
    This plus deadlifts.....without gloves/straps