JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strengthening Wrists?********

I am a football player (an offensive and defensive lineman) for my highschool and I have my hand in the dirt alot in either 3 point or 4 point stances. Ive noticed my wrists are pretty weak after a couple seasons with alot of body weight on them. Im trying to strengthen my wrists and wonder if there are any exercises that can help?
    Thanks!

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JohnFootball98 View Post
    I am a football player (an offensive and defensive lineman) for my highschool and I have my hand in the dirt alot in either 3 point or 4 point stances. Ive noticed my wrists are pretty weak after a couple seasons with alot of body weight on them. Im trying to strengthen my wrists and wonder if there are any exercises that can help?
    Thanks!
    Take a look at this. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md55.htm

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rows
    Dead lift
    Farmer walks

JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read that and tried wrist curls in my gym. My buddy walked up to me and said 'Bro, I thought you had s*** wrists. That'll only make them worse'.
    So are wrist curls more harmful or helpful for strengthening your wrists?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try plate curls.
    Grab a weight plate thumb on one side fingers on the other and curl it with fingers underneath.
    A 10 lb plate to start then maybe two 10 lb plates(smooth side out or a 25lb plate.

Finger tip pushups would be more specific to your sport.
    These will work your fingers as well as your wrists.
    Good luck.

Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jawja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are people who will tell you different but I don't think wrist curls and such will help.

That is not to say I agree with the teen-aged "friend" in the gym. Dude, don't listen to teenagers when it comes to ... well, anything whatsoever. If what he says starts with "Bro"? Dismiss him as a littlle ****tard.

Do Dead lifts. Heavy ones. Wrist curls won't really do anything. LIFT heavy things, in your arms, and you'll find that there's some carryover into sports.
    Bench 320
    Squat 505
    DL 550